Cucurbita Nigra - HopCat

Cucurbita Nigra
No picture uploaded.

HopCat visit their website

American Porter |  6.30% ABV

(Beer added by: ygolordned on 10-01-2013)
Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

lowpulp, Nov 29, 2013

carlmoberg, Sep 22, 2014
4.71/5  rDev +3.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

On-tap at HopCat. I ended up going here as a recommendation from a friend, last minute, because Founders was closed. I am so glad things played out the way they did, because this beer was amazing! Listed on the menu as "Maple-Pumpkin Porter."

A- Pours an opaque, thick dark brown with a full creamy mocha head that has excellent retention and slowly recedes to a thin layer coating the glass fully.

S- Pumpkin-spiced maple deliciousness. Quite aromatic. I cannot wait to try it.

T- Everything I expected from the smell and so much more. Each scent is amplified into a completely comparable taste which leaves quite a lasting flavor in my mouth. Each note complements the others in a complex symbiotic relationship that creates something far superior to what any single component could offer, akin to the Planeteers and Captain Planet. I must have another sip!

M- Thick, but not too thick, nice carbonation, and easy drinking but definitely a sipper. Hardly any alcohol noted here.

O- I was impressed so much so that I got a growler to go with me. I shared that with everyone I could, with nearly each of said persons being blown away by this beer. I wish I had more. You most definitely should try it if you have the chance.

ygolordned, Oct 01, 2013
Cucurbita Nigra from HopCat
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.