Boaks Lemongrass Wheat - Boak Beverage

Witbier |  4.50% ABV

Beer added by: ATPete on 06-25-2008

Reviews by originalsin:
4.24/5  rDev n/a
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Taken from tasting notes dated June 16th.
I'd heard such great things about Boaks I just couldn't miss the promo night at the Shep.

I wonder if this is the same beer I had. On tap it was labeled "Lemongrass Wit" but hey, same 'ish I suppose. At the same time, I think the beer was debuted at the Shep and the only other review here is from quite some time ago.

A: Very pale, transparent yellow appearance. Very thin cover of head on top of my pint glass which was poured all the way full .
S: The nose was predominantly citrusy/lemony. It was quite a nice beer to smell. The smell was crisp, refreshing- begging you to take a sip.

T: Boak's lemongrass wit tastes like...a lemongrass wit. (which is perfect) My only real problem with the beer was this - the flavor seemed a litttle bit too subtle and manufactured. It just didn't taste quite as fresh as it smelled, I still enjoyed it

M&D: This light-bodied brew was pretty well carbonated and that lent itself to being a very drinkable brew.

If the beer simply had fresher citrus flavors I'd probably be giving it a few more 5's but unfortunately the most I can say here is this: as a result of the subtle, enjoyable flavors this brew was very very drinkable. Wish I had somewhere to buy a 6 of these for the porch. (1,273 characters)

4.42/5  rDev n/a

12 oz bottle acquired from a friend, no label, just an indented gold bottle cap

The Boaks lemongrass wheat pours a very attractive pale yellow color, slightly hazy, lots of visible carbonation and a 1 inch white head that quickly dissipates but leaves lots of sticky patches. What an incredible nose to this beer! Very fresh lemons and a soft bready, yeasty wheat note come through initially. I also get hints of vanilla and a subtle, but important, hop aroma. The beer tastes much like you'd think it would. A very soft wheat texture made bright and exciting with a nice detectable lemon presence. Some earth tones and a slight hop bitterness make the citrus fruit character really shine through. I almost want to say the beer leaves a the perfect amount of sweetness on your tongue. There is much desire to take another sip. I wouldn't categorize this one as thin bodied, but i sure wouldn't say it has a medium body either. It lies in between, with the perfect amount of carbonation to make this beer incredibly drinkable. Refreshing? This is probably the most refreshing beer i've ever had. I cant wait to get my hands on some more of this. (1,145 characters)

3.25/5  rDev n/a

4.22/5  rDev n/a

OK...so let me just say off the bat that I am a little biased as "Boak" is a personal friend of mine...and so I get to have his beer anytime I want, often unmarked and aged, so I will try and be objective. I like this beer. Pours very light and hazy...you can definitely smell the lemongrass (a good thing considering the name). Taste is VERY subtle (maybe a little too), If you are going to drink this beer, it needs to be the 1st one of the evening...the subtle lemongrass gets destroyed by any heavier (all) beer. That being sad....great beer, very drinkable! (562 characters)

4.5/5  rDev n/a

3.5/5  rDev n/a

3.56/5  rDev n/a
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Boaks Lemongrass Wheat from Boak Beverage
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.