Mamma Mia! Pizza Beer - Pizza Beer Company

Pizza Beer Company visit their website
Illinois, United States

Herbed / Spiced Beer |  4.60% ABV

Beer added by: orbitalr0x on 02-22-2008

From the website: Pizza Beer is a debris free product. The Margarita pizza is put into the mash & steeped like a tea bag. A whole wheat crust made with water, flour & yeast is topped with tomato, oregano, basil & garlic. The essence of the pizza spices is washed off with hot water and filtered into a brewpot, where it is boiled for a long, long time. During the process, we add hops & spices in a cheesecloth type bag & filter the cooled liquid into a fermentation vessel. (big glass 6 gallon water jug). After a week or two, the beer is good to go. Keg it or bottle it.
2.88/5  rDev +3.6%

12oz bottle into a Duvel tulip. Cheers to Knifestyles for busting this out as a surprise during a recent tasting.

A: Clear pale amber body under a thin, fine layer of off-white head. Ok retention, light lace. Not bad.

S: Well, yeah. It does smell like pizza. Huge parmesan, oregano, and doughy white flour. I can't hate it.

T: Follows the nose, but with a kinda gross, herbal aftertaste. Stale oregano? Not great.

M: Light-bodied and lively. All right.

O: I love pizza, but now I know that it's better to eat it than drink it. That said, this beer really wasn't as disgusting as its reputation promised - which was actually somewhat disappointing. I wish it had been really amazing or really horrible, not just weird.

3.24/5  rDev +16.5%

Contract brewed by Sprecher. There is some shit scrawled in sharpee across the label, which appears to be an autograph by "Chef R"(???) and possibly "Mama Mia" but it looks like it was written with all "m"s. Maybe it says "Athena *something*" (which would make sense), but that's a stretch.

And it only gets weirder.

It pours a hazy tan-yellow body with a slumping gray head.
The nose is doughy, slathered with oregano, basil, tomato paste, and garlic...and pretty much exactly as promised. Bizarre, but it is not offensive. The garlic is low key, and I appreciate that, as I was worried that it might be obnoxiously garlicky.
The smell is spot-on (for what it is), taste is more of a mixed bag. A thin-crust maltiness with some creeping sweetness, that begins more and more to hint at tomato. It's more doughy later on, as the spices (again, obviously, basil, oregano, and garlic). Hopping is negligible.
Light bodied, lowly carbonated. The spicing does catch up after a while, and limit drinkability.
It's mild enough to not overwhelm or offend, but also bland enough to not warrant a repeat visit. It's probably worth a spin just for quirkiness' sake. Just don't expect any "wows".

3.43/5  rDev +23.4%

Poured into an oversized wine glass. Had this at a bar for $4.

2.0 A: Murky orangish color. Not really any head going on and thus no lacing.

4.0 S: It does actually smell a lot like pizza. I thought I would be horrified by this, but it smells alright and it works well for what they were going for. The strongest aroma is by far tomato, with oregano herbalness second.

3.5 T: Pizza taste is there as well, though it doesn't taste like real pizza. Rather, it tastes like artificial pizza flavoring that would be found in combos snacks. Still it isn't sickening like I predicted. I'm not saying it's good however. The best way to describe this is that it's a pretty bad beer, but it is a decent beverage and I am thus grading it as that.

3.5 M: Medium body. Good carbonation and surprisingly smooth.

3.0 D: The 16 oz. bottle really is the upper limit of what I would want in a sitting. Still, I wouldn't mind one of these every six months or so and I would probably pick this over a PBR anytime. The creativity and innovation is there and for that I respect this beer more than it probably deserves.

2.73/5  rDev -1.8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

i picked up a bottle of Mamma Mia! Pizza Beer last week for $1.79 at Boardwalk Liquor Store. I heard about this beer a few years ago but I have never seen a bottle of it before so when I saw a bottle at the store I thought I would take a chance on it, I'll try any beer once, so lets see how it goes. No visible bottling date, who knows how old it is, the numbers have been almost fully rubbed off. Poured from a fatter 16oz brown bottle into a snifter.

A- The label looks ok, it's got two chef's on the label which I assume are the people that came up with this beer and the color is the same as an Italian flag, it's a little eye catching. It poured a nice and hazy golden orange color that took on more of a orange hue when held to the light with two fingers worth of white head that quickly died down to a thin ring that eventually faded away and it left hardly any lacing behind. This is a decent looking beer, the color was pretty nice but the head and lacing were lacking.

S- The aroma starts off with a medium amount of sweetness followed by tons of pizza spices, it smells like a nice spiced pizza crust, oregano seems to stick out the most but I do get some garlic and basil with a good amount of tomato aromas that almost gives it a marinara like aroma. Up next comes some bready and grainy malts that hardly show up and are overpowered by the pizza spices. The aroma is ok all the ingredients that are listed on the bottle stick out, but it's just not an aroma that I associate with beer and it doesn't make me want to dive right into it.

T- The taste seems to be similar to the aroma just not as intense, it starts off with a lower amount of sweetness with the pizza spices being the first to show up, they aren't as intense as they are in the aroma, but they are still pretty strong and only get stronger the more the beer warms up, the oregano still sticks out the most with all the other pizza spices that I got in the aroma showing up in the background. Up next comes a pretty noticeable tomato flavor followed by some grainy and bready malts. On the finish there's a lighter amount of bitterness with a little bit of sweetness and a bready, tomato, and pizza spice like aftertaste. The taste is not that great, it's true to the name and very pizza like, but the savory pizza flavors just don't translate well in a beer.

M- A little smooth, a little dry, slightly crisp, on the fuller of side of being light bodied with a slightly lower amount of medium carbonation. The mouthfeel was just ok, it felt a little watery and a little under carbonated.

Overall i wasn't a fan of this beer and I thought it was a slightly below average example of the style, it had all the flavors as advertised, but the savory pizza flavors didn't go well in the beer, it doesn't keep me wanting to drink it. This didn't have good drinkability, it wasn't that smooth and the flavors didn't do a good job at holding my attention, the pizza spices really started to wear on me and there is no way that I would want to drink multiple bottles of this. What I liked the most about this beer was how close to pizza the flavors was, all the key tastes that I look for in a pizza show up in this beer, it just didn't work out that well. What I liked the least about this beer was the the lingering tomato and spices flavor, it just wouldn't go away. I wouldn't buy this beer again, it might be interesting to try with pizza, but it's not something I'm going to go out of my way to get, but I do recommend trying it, some beers are so unique that they have to be tried once and this beer is one of them. All in all this beer just wasn't for me, in my opinion they nailed what they were going for and it really does taste similar to pizza, it's just those aren't flavors that I really desire in a beer and I don't really have an urge to keep drinking. I appreciate the effort it took to come up with and make this weird brew, but it just wasn't my kind of beer.

2.04/5  rDev -26.6%

A: Pours a golden hue with a nice foamy head. No lace.

S: Holy shit it smells like pizza, don't think that is necessarily a good thing though. Tomato paste with strong glaric. Hints of oregano as well.

T: Good thing it tastes better than it smells. The aroma is somewhat offputting but the taste better than I expected even though my expectations were nothing. malty flavors with hints of pizza herbs. Very light tomato and a touch of garlic. More beer than pizza which is a good thing.

M: Medium to thin in body, so so carbonation.

D: This is one I had wanted to try for novelty sake. I expected nothing and it is just above that. Not one you would drink more than one of and to be honest I would rather share. It would be best pared with an italian meal. If their goal was to create a drinkable pizza beer I would say they did it. Now the next problem will be finding people who are in the market for pizza beer...I'm not!

1.89/5  rDev -32%

A: Pours a slightly cloudy, pale golden color with a lot of visible carbonation and a foamy tan head.

S: Uh oh. This smells like a pizza. Or more like the sauce of a pizza that's been left in the box for about a day. I get a lot of tomato, oregano and basil.

T: Gross. Basil and tomato along with hints of grain and yeast. Honestly, don't try this. It's nearly undrinkable. So much pizza flavor here that it's nearly unbearable. This was a drainpour after about three sips.

1.26/5  rDev -54.7%

pours golden orange with plenty of spices floating around - almost no head and left no lacing

smells like pizza - the sauce spice crust cheeze - its all there - BUT after a few sips the smell makes me want to vomit

taste is much like the smell - this is liquid pizza - now as much as i love pizza .. i never want to have it beer form

mouthfeel - light well carbonated - just average

drinkability - awful - this is the beer that sceams never again

2.92/5  rDev +5%

473ml bottle served in a wine glass

L - murky copper color with a short white head that just faded away.

S - tomato and basil.

T - upfront there's a bunch of oregano with the tomato and basil coming into play on the backend.

F - medium bodied with fizzy carbonation.

O - it is what it is, a novelty beer.

3.27/5  rDev +17.6%

Had a chance to try a small taste of this oddball beer over a year ago at an 'April Fools' tasting; couldn't resist snagging a bottle on a late April trip to Chicago. Haven't been able to convince anyone to help drink it since, so today's the day to open. Because the label proclaims: "Beer So Good It Deserves... A WINE GLASS!", I poured the first few ounces to...a wine glass. The rest of the twist-capped 16 oz. bottle went into a standard pint.

"Original Seefurth Family Mamma Mia! Pizza Beer [feat. Chef Tom & Chef Athena] - Ale Brewed with Oregano, Basil, Tomato & Garlic" ~ brewed/bottled by Sprecher.

A: Vibrant golden with a fine unfiltered haziness cut by a loose swirl of carbonation. It's not like a yeasty fall-out, no chunky bits or anything - just a cloudy veil of tiny bits hanging in the glass. Brief head, maybe a 1/2 finger of fizzy whiteness at its best that dwindles but lasts as a broad cream ring. Sliding lace, nothing sticks.

S: Bready aroma of wheat dough and grassy/floral herbs, nothing too heavy. Yeah, there's a bit of tomato and a mild but pungent garlic clove ~ Enticing! A pleasant honeyed sweetness at its core, reminds me of a better-than-average Golden/Blonde Ale.

T: Interesting flavor (no surprise), plenty of yeast and light cereal grain/corn upfront, then the spice/herb 'reveal'. Nothing egregious here, just subtle 'pizza' hints, green and herbaceous, light sugared fruit (berry vs. tomato?) and enough bitterness to give balance. The dating of this beer is uncertain (purchased 2.5 months ago), with a code reading '093241005' lasered onto the neck. Regardless, the end result is quite nice right about now...

M: Crisp and 'bright', an active but not overly-abundant carbonation. Body is light/medium, a touch on the sticky/malty side in the finish, a little oiliness too. Herbs/spices leave a tingle and zest.

D: Light ABV and a pretty pleasing taste (at least at this stage of its life)...know what? I'd buy/drink this again, absolutely. I enjoy trying unusual/experimental beers [see my previous review for Uncommon's Bacon Brown]; this is one of the better curiosities I've had. Worth a try.

3.35/5  rDev +20.5%

A- This has your typical pale lager appearance. Crystal clear pale yellow body that pours with a foamy white head. The head has surprisingly good retention and traces of lacing stick to the glass.

S- Yep, smells just like pizza. Oregno, basil, garlic, pizza crust, tomato sauce, the whole works. Smells like a fresh out of the oven pizza.

T- Exactly the same as the smell. The spices such as the oregano, basil, and garlic come out more than everything else upfront, with a hint of tomato sauce on the finish but its really masked. What lingers (forever...its been 45 minutes and its still there) is the garlic.

M- Typical, average mouthfeel, medium to high carbonation and a slightly watery but very quaffable lager body.

D- Well at first this is amazing and a true novelty. Its definitely worth a try because it tastes just like pizza. It does get somewhat annoying when you clearly haven't consumed any Italian food and you feel like you ate an entire Italian dinner and it stays on your breath forever. This is exactly what it claims to be-a pizza beer and tastes as such. Its been 45 minutes since consumption and its still on my breath.

3.24/5  rDev +16.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

From bottle into wine glass (obviously)

Appearance - Hazy amber with a thin white head that leaves spotty lacing. It's not a lively beer as I don't see many bubbles finding their way around the glass. I was expecting at least a little bit of sediment or something. But nothing was there.

Aroma - Nothing to call home about. A little oregano, light bready malt and a touch of tomato.

Taste - Suprisingly not as bad as I originally assumed. Tastes how I would imagine a pizza beer tastes. Oregano is the front runner followed by crust and a little cheese and tomato coming at the end.

Mouthfeel - Creamy, medium bodied with little to no bite. A mix between savory and malty.

Overall - Tastes like a cheese pizza. If you'd like to drink your pizza and get a tiny buzz then this is the way to go. If you'd rather not drink your pizza, stay away. It's hilarious and interesting all in the same.

2.98/5  rDev +7.2%

16oz bottle poured into a shaker pint.

Hazy golden amber with 1 finger of white head that dissipates quickly.

Frozen bread, oregano and basil.

Frozen pizza dough, basil and oregano are there. Beyond that are just bready malts and notes of garlic. Wait...wait...tastes exactly like Pizzeria CombosTM!!

Light bodied, crisp and clean.

Overall...it's a bland Blonde Ale spiced with oregano, basil and garlic... For a pizza beer it's rather boring.

1.06/5  rDev -61.9%

I hate giving these types of reviews. Homerbag was nice enough to trade with me, then generous enough to give me this as an extra (along with a Belgian Red. Thanks!). Now I'm going to trash this beer. Well, I still appreciate the chance to try it, as I certainly would have bought a bottle if I spotted in the store.

Pours a bright fizzy yellow. Doesn't look unpleasant. Just forgettable. The smell is truly bizarre. I had no idea how they were going to make beer taste like pizza (they didn't), but they really captured its essence in the smell. The aroma of moldy pizza dough and basil/oregano/pizza herbs wafted to my nose. My mind actually wanted to insert recollected smells such as cheese, even though they weren't there, that's how familiar it was.

The taste ... egads, the taste. So. Bad. Just an awful mixture of food herbs with carbonated, skunky water. This is up there with Samuel Adams Triple Bock and Gluek Ice as being simply undrinkable.

I drainpour a beer about once every two hundred reviews. This was absolutely disgusting. Even worse, I had to wait an hour before I trusted my palate to review anything else. I don't mind experimental brews, but we have to recognize that every once in a while things go awry.

2.55/5  rDev -8.3%

From a 473 ml brown bottle, abv listed as 4.7% on import label tag. Pours out a cloudy honey hue, dense frothy white head that slowly settles to a thick cap.

The aroma reveals notes of garlic, oregano, dry basil, sage, surprisingly some tomato, and a malty base that seriously resembles pizza dough.

Mild bready malt base up front in the flavour, quickly overpowered by the spicy bite of too much oregano, and a bit too much garlic, while everything else seems to get drowned out behind them.

Mouthfeel starts out with a medium-bodied creamy fullness, thins out a bit, then finishes with a spike of intense pin-prickly carbonation.

While not quite a sink pour, I can't say that this stuff really does anything for me, and I sure took my time finishing off the glass. May do a bit better when served with food, however I'm in no huge rush to find out.

3.37/5  rDev +21.2%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

Bottle thanks to byaeger. Thanks, Brian! Wanted to try this for awhile and expected it to be terrible, but it really wasn't.

The slogan on the bottle is hilarious: "Beer so good it deserves... A WINE GLASS!" Classic.

A - Pours a clear golden small, slightly fizzy white head.

S - Aroma is pizza sauce, oregano, garlic, and pale malt. Very interesting.

T - Flavor is a lot like a Boboli pizza that you buy at the supermarket. Tomato sauce, oregano, basil, and garlic all there, as well as pizza crust. Really not bad at all.

M - Palate is light and watery, a bit thin.

D - Above-average actually. This is not a great beer for sure, but it accomplishes what it's trying to do: taste like a pizza. Would go decently well with a pizza I think.

3.17/5  rDev +14%

A - clear golden, thumb of white head retained at a thin covering, lots of bubbles rising from the bottom
S - definitely smells of a herb & garlic tomato sauce as advertised, hints of adjunct and grains
T - reminds me of a canned pizza sauce, including a little bit of the can in the taste, the oregano and garlic really hang around, maybe even a little too long. As far as beer flavours, adjunct and grains like the nose
M - a typical thin adjunct lager feel
O - it starts promising but gets a little blah towards the end, but big points for creativity, a must try for the novelty factor

2.46/5  rDev -11.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.5

I've read lots of negative comments on the boards about this beer. When I saw it sold by the bottle, I had to snag one.

I poured this into a goblet because it was close enough to a wine glass. Not sure how that would make a difference. The coloring is a yellowish/brown.

Off the top I get the basil and a particularly strong amount of funk. The tomato is a little strange, though.

The flavor is like fermented pizza sauce. I get the oregano, tomato, and basil in excess.

This beer should never have been made. I'm not surprised.

3.31/5  rDev +19.1%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

Reviewed from notes. Poured from a 16 oz. bottle into a Russian River pint glass (ignoring the neck label on the bottle).

A: Hazy gold, forming a thin white head, and low levels of visible carbonation.

S: Distinct spices up front - mostly garlic and oregano. Not much of anything else to be found here, except maybe hints of pilsner malt.

T: Well, pizza. What did you expect? Tomato, garlic, oregano..each distinctly present and adding it's own aspects to the drink. Light pilsner and cracker malt character underneath. The tomato and spices linger in the mouth for a bit after the swallow.

M: Light body - almost watery. Low alcohol presence. This bottle seems poorly carbonated, though not quite flat.

O: OK. That was interesting. Not nearly as offensive as I expected it to be. It pulls off having obvious pizza flavors without rising to the level of being obnoxious. This is for sure a novelty or fluff beer, and less than a half-bottle should be more than enough to try. But still, it's interesting and different, and expands yet again what I thought a beer could taste like.

3.42/5  rDev +23%

Call me crazy, but I kind of liked this one. Pours yellowish gold with a small whitish head. Smell is basil, oregano and dough. Taste is malty, doughiness with obvious oregano and pizza and pizza sauce like spices. The doughy, yeasty malt and pizza spices work pretty well together, and while not something I'd drink a lot of, it was fun to share and went down pretty easily for me. Definitely a pizza beer.

2.53/5  rDev -9%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Pours murky gold with an orange hue. Plenty of small particulates in suspension, and a smidge of an off-white head. Retention is moderate, and within ten minutes theres barely a trace left.

Aromatics are lightly spicy and pretty bland. A hint of mint-like oregano and lemon zest. Light cloves follow through.

Light bodied and thin carbonation. Watery and flatish.

The pallet is mainly lemony and lightly spicy.
There's no Oregano, basil, tomato, or garlic coming through at all.
Basically tasting like a thin, watery wheat beer with a hint of mint.

Finishes quickly and without much flavor.

If this beer had any of the "pizza character" at one point, it must have been a long time ago. Of course there is no bottle date and no way to tell how old it is. I picked it up at a Bunny's in Chicago a couple of months ago.

I would probably enjoy a beer with oregano, basil, tomato, and garlic, but this one had none of those characteristics. I guess the joke was on me.

2.77/5  rDev -0.4%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

I poured this one from a 12oz brown bottle into a pint glass. The label says this beer is contract brewed by Sprecher Brewery in WI.

A= This ale poured a hazy darkish gold color with a surprising 2" white head. The head quickly dropped to a thin skim.

S= This ale smells mostly of pizza herbs and spices (garlic, oregano, basil, etc.). I couldn't really detect any malt or hops. Just pizza. I gave it 3.5 just for the uniqueness of the aroma.

T= OK, the novelty wore off. This beer tastes very odd. It is all pizza up front, with a brief malt presence in the finish. Zero bittering or flavor hops present, yet it had an oddly dry finish.

MF= Frankly terrible. Carbonaton was too low, the body was strangely heavy compared to the appearance and flavor.

D= Not the worst beer I ever had, but also not one I would go out of my way for again. Its worth a try if you are curious though!

3.08/5  rDev +10.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Brewed for Pizza Beer Company by Sprecher Brewing Co. Pours into my glass from the 16oz bottle a very hazy yellow orange with a half inch of creamy white head on top. No real lacing to speak of. Aromas start out with toasted grains along with a mix of kicthen spices. Oregano, basil and garlic all play a part, the pungent unmistakable garlic is playing the largest part. Light tomato in the background. It's not too bold and in your face but all the spices are there. Interesting to say the least.

First sip brings an extremely light cereal grainy maltiness upfront that's quickly met by a sharp, vegetal spiciness. Oregano, basil and garlic flow across the tongue. I get a light tomato flavor on the way down but it almost seems like an afterthought. Finishes with a light grain sweetness and lingering spices on the tongue.

Mouthfeel is on the thin side with fast moving carbonation that explodes with each sip. The body really disappointed me here as I think if it would have been fuller it would accentuated the beer much better. Overall, it's an interesting beer to try and fairly tasty being as the spicing is not overpowering. However, I can't say it leaves me wanting to run out and drink it again!

1.11/5  rDev -60.1%

Poured into a wine glass on 12/23/10

MbpBugeye made me drink this; don't let him tell you otherwise

Let's get head retention out of the way: there isn't much of it; just a thin film & a minute collar. The color is that of nectar thickened apple juice while at rest, only cloudier & with more grainy sediment. Murky. Unpleasant.

This may be the worst smelling beer with which I have ever been plagued, second only to Hell or High Watermelon. Vomit, rotten tomato juice, Bare Tree 2007, landfill, sun-dried roadkill. Overpowering oregano & basil just make it worse. Dough. Truly awful.

The treachery of the aroma doesn't entirely carry over to the flavor but, man, this is not good. Processed cheese, oregano, basil, faint tomato, the burden of knowledge, self-loathing, squandered chances, wasted years, shame. It makes you question the choices you've made, how your life wound up like this & why you hurt the ones you love.

Thin & watery feel. Carbonation is average. Granular sediment is appreciable & unappreciated. Thankfully the finish is somewhat clean, with minimal residuals.

I fear I'll now have nightmares of rotten cheese, dough yeast, water, spoiled tomato paste, cut-rate herbs & a blender. This beer is what happens when your garbage disposal hates you.

3.77/5  rDev +35.6%

Poured from 16oz bottle. The review on this one is based on the style and not personal preference....although I must say this is an interesting beer.

A- Pours a murky orange amber color. One finger white head that stays around for a short while. No real lacing at all...some streaks but all fall back into the glass.

S- Well this pretty much smells like it should. Rich in pizza dough, oregano, basil, with some light oxidation to it as well. There is some light tomato in this that I can pick up on in the ending.

T- This tastes like a pizza almost dead on. Light oxidation on the front end of this but the pizza flavors overtake it. An interesting beer to say the least. There is a light pils flavor in this as well. The yeasty dough comes through more than I would like but I couldn't really complain.

M- Light mouthfeel. Carbonation is good for the style. Dough flavor left on the palate with some basil, and oregano in the aftertaste. Flavors were clean and somewhat crisp. Very light with so many flavors going on.

D- This is a interesting beer to say the least. I wouldn't drink a whole lot of this but for a beer to deliver what it set out for...well it hit the head on the nail.

3.88/5  rDev +39.6%

This seemed interesting, so I had to pick it up and review it. Sounds like it could potentially be terrible... or it could be awesome since I do loves me some pizza. Here goes nothing....

A - Hazy orange with a short lived 1/2 inch cap of flimsy white fizz. A small amount of sudsy wet lace is left on the glass, and a quick swirl brings up a 1/2 inch head again.... but it immediately reduces to a thin wispy haze on top of the brew. I halfway expected this to look like red tomato sauce, but it looks like any old pale ale with a crappy head.

A - Holy crap! This does smell EXACTLY like pizza! I smell spicy tomato sauce, dried red peppers, mushrooms, and spicy sausage and pepperoni. This smells like my microwave after cooking those pizza bite snacks. Mozzarella cheese and crispy buttery crust. Its amazing to me that a beer can smell exactly like a pizza.

T - The flavor is not quite as good as the nose, but its much better than I expected. I thought that although this smells like pizza, it might taste like nasty thick tomato sauce. I an happily proved wrong by this tasty brew. Its odd to drink something that tastes like this, but its kind of like the beer version of a spicy bloody mary. Smoky, peppery, lively, and far from the foul concoction that I thought this one might turn out to be. Nice!

M - Light in body, crisp, and highly carbonated with a surprisingly neutral finish with a small hint of sausage-y spice and a lingering note of pepperoni.

D - Good, but not stellar. Although I'm glad that I tried this one, and would probably buy it again for the novelty, one is enough for me. Id like to try this with a pizza and see if it holds its own or is too much pizza flavor for one meal. Although its brewed here in the states, this is a much better "Italian" beer than the usual Italian beers or pitchers of macro swill you'd find at a pasta/pizza joint.

Mamma Mia! Pizza Beer from Pizza Beer Company