Chili Beer - Buffalo Brewing Co.

Chili Beer
No picture uploaded.

Buffalo Brewing Co. visit their website
Missouri, United States

Chile Beer |  5.00% ABV

Is brewed with highly modified premium American Barley, wheat and imported hops. Our chili ale has a light flavor and subtle spiciness.

(Beer added by: Vancer on 04-08-2008)
Reviews by GossageBrewery:
GossageBrewery

Missouri

2.53/5  rDev -19.7%

This beer was served on tap at the brewery. Poured into a pint glass. I am going to preface this by saying that I don't enjoy this style of beer so I'm going to do my best at giving it a fair review. The beer poured a hazy straw color and it produced a inch thick white head. Head retention was average and it left a good amount of lacing. The aroma of the beer matched its style, it was dominated by spicy Jalapeno peppers. The body of the beer was light and the mouthfeel was good for the style. The beer was smooth and the taste was malty and spicy. The thing that was good about this is that there was spice and heat without a stringent aftertaste. The heat certainly lingered but a foul taste did not. I have experienced this with another brand of this stye. In fact it ruined my palate for an entire evening at a beer festival. It's not the best Chile beer that I have had but it's #2. Granted I have only tried 4- I guess that isn't half bad. For styles sake, ill give this a C. Not a very good session beer. Did I mention I enjoy a Bacon Beer over a Chile Beer?

Update: I was up all night with heart burn after drinking this beer. Don't drink unless you have a pack of tums handy!

04-06-2011 23:33:23 | More by GossageBrewery
Vancer

3.23/5  rDev +2.5%

Well, I feel the chili beer is more a gimmick than an actual drinking beer. Even though this one did not light me up with an overload of jalapeño, it still would not be a beer to savor after the first pint. This one sneaks up on you, tastes like a regular lager type beer, then the heat jumps up after a few seconds. Not much heat, but enough to classify this as a chili beer.

04-08-2008 00:11:48 | More by Vancer
skrib09

Missouri

3.98/5  rDev +26.3%

just got a growler of chili beer. pours a darkish blonde color with minimal head... to be expected via growler.

smells of malts off the bat with a hint of spice or chili.

overall taste is not bad at all. if you enjoy spice and peppers you're in for a treat. the chili only comes out in the aftertaste after you put the glass down. otherwise it's a well balanced brew.

good mouthfeel. crisp but well bodied.

good drinkability.

02-27-2009 01:54:33 | More by skrib09
Cruzin023

2.85/5  rDev -9.5%

Tried this beer and it looks like a pale ale with chili in it. There was not much head when it was poured. The smell was lager-like with notes of hops. The spiciness overwhelmed the overall drinkability of the beer (it was as if someone put Tobasco sauce in a lager).

11-14-2008 22:16:03 | More by Cruzin023
Chili Beer from Buffalo Brewing Co.
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.