Hangar 24 Orange Wheat - Hangar 24 Brewery

Hangar 24 Orange WheatHangar 24 Orange Wheat

Hangar 24 Brewery visit their website

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  4.60% ABV

Beer added by: Floydster on 03-22-2008

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 313 | Reviews: 78

One of my friends give me this beer. He said he bought t cosco. It was free and glad it was.

A pperanrace- Orange and very hazy. A white head stuck around for a few seconds though.

Smells: Yeast and fruit

Taste - Like soup with some citrus in it. No balance . I thought I was experience my first grade teacher give me the soup treatment after couple of bad words. No thanks on this beer! This beer is notin the same world as blue moon or same universe as an average German beer.

Moutfeel - It was a light bodied with no carbomation

Overall: II taste like soppy to me. with some orange added to it.

1.5/5  rDev -56.6%

1.55/5  rDev -55.2%

2.25/5  rDev -35%

2.25/5  rDev -35%

2.27/5  rDev -34.4%

On tap @ Hanger 24

Look: Straw yellow with a touch of orange no head

Smell: Orange peel

Taste: For me the beer tasted like watered down orange juice with a touch of wheat

Mouthfeel: Thin body and mild carbonation

Overall: This beer is not for me

2.36/5  rDev -31.8%

i dont like it. it tastes and feels diluted, the orange flavor is weak and one-dimensional, it has an unbalanced sourness, and has an overall taste and finish that seemed cheap to me. a six pack has never lasted over a week in my fridge before

2.46/5  rDev -28.9%

Our local grocery recently added a craft brew section, and I recently chose this brew for one of my infrequent beer indulgences. Wish I hadn't. The beer starts promising, with a pleasant, hazy straw-yellow color and plenty of head. The experience went downhill from there. Despite the heavy smell of citrus and the tangy, well-carbonated mouthfeel one would expect from this style, the taste was, at best, unremarkable. Nothing stood out for me, neither wheat nor citrus. In fact, it was rather like a very weak lemonade with some alcohol thrown in. Very disappointing, and not a brew I will be having a second time.

2.52/5  rDev -27.2%

From Blind Beers BIF:

Blind Beer #6 - Orange Wheat (Hangar 24 Brewery)
Wow. Such a strange, out of left field beer. Smells intensely of fresh, real citrus. Hazy pour, orange-ish amber color with a pretty hefty head. Presumably unfiltered, probably a wheat beer. Taste is buttery at first, but is almost immediately displaced by tons of fresh oranges, slight bitterness. Awkward sweetness. Honestly, not a huge fan of drinking this. Flavors are intense, but not in a good way. Mouthfeel is about average for a wheat beer... fairly carbonated and light on the tongue. Drinkability is low... I'm having a hard time getting through this and the taste just doesn't do it for me. Very unique, in that I've never really seen/drank anything like it, but I also feel like I'd done fine without it.

3.0/3.5/2.0/3.0/2.0

Interesting to try, and I could see how someone would like this, but not my cup of tea.

2.65/5  rDev -23.4%

Served on-tap at the Hanger 24 brewery.

A - Light orange and very hazy. A thin white head stuck around for a few minutes.

S - Smells of yeast, citrus, and light malts.

T - Puckering sour, citrus orange flavor, followed by light malt and yeast flavors. The orange flavors linger on the finish.

M - Light bodied, very high carbonation.

O - I was not impressed, to be honest. It tasted way too "orange-y" to me. I don't mind fruit in beer, in fact I love it, but I feel that H24 may have gone overboard. It tasted too much like a mimosa to me.

2.72/5  rDev -21.4%

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Hangar 24 Orange Wheat from Hangar 24 Brewery