Hangar 24 Orange Wheat - Hangar 24 Brewery

Hangar 24 Orange WheatHangar 24 Orange Wheat

Hangar 24 Brewery visit their website

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  4.60% ABV

Beer added by: Floydster on 03-22-2008

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 315 | Reviews: 79
3.6/5  rDev +4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

Consumed November 6th, 2013 at The Magic Castle, Hollywood, CA.

Beer is a light, lemony yellow. Slightly cloudy. Long lived one finger white foam head. Good sheeting but not very sticky.

Aroma is tangy wheat and sweet orange.

Flavor is the same as aroma: mild wheat, mild sweet orange. Finishes with a dash of bitterness that doesn't linger.

Slight dryness and tingle on the finish. Medium mouthfeel.

Great beer for light drinking, but not the kind of thing I usually go for.

3.4/5  rDev -1.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

Serving Type from a bottle poured into a Tulip Glass

Appearance- Unfiltered wheat color, hazy, almost an orange hue to it

Smell- Orange zest, wheat, citrus peel

Taste- Wheat, Orange and citrus zest, clean smooth refreshing taste an overall easy sipping beer very enjoyable

Mouthfeel- Smooth, light body easy drinking "California Hefe" or wheat beer with orange

Overall- Very good I have had this beer several times and it does not dissapoint, Hangar 24 keeps pumping out great beer

3.52/5  rDev +1.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Reviewed from notes. Part of a H24 tasting at WF Venice.

A: Poured from a can a hazy straw yellow with a half-inch white head which faded slowely and left spots of lace.

N: Wheaty and orange citrus with faint malt sweetness.

T: Wheaty grains, some yeasty esters, and orange essence.

M: Semi-moderate body and medium carbonation. Light, clean, fruity yeasty finish.

O: Easy drinking and actually pretty good.

4.5/5  rDev +30.1%

I came across this site looking for locations for taps and also wanted to read some reviews and was blown away by what was posted on this, my most favorite beer ever.

Judging from the amount of energy dedicated to evaluating the foam details, how thick the head is, what its color is and how long it stuck around the glass rim, I am definitely not the same beer enthusiast as most here. Personally I don't care an inch about the foam, and bothering to post a review to cry about how you don't agree with the bubbles is just sad. Do any of you actually drink the beer, or is this a wine snob area where you swish it around and spit it out, staring at the glass and whining instead of drinking. I'm so lost on most of your tact.

The beer, the part I like, is my favorite. It's a hefe style brew, has a light hint of orange, and I think it's phenomenal. Judging from the amount of lather and low scores, it's clear I might be alone, but anyone that gives this beer a 3 is a tool. No beer is perfect, like wine or women, people have individual tastes, but three of five is a lame pedestrian score and totally out of place for this orange wheat. It's at least a four in the world of beers, and I railed my review with perfect fives because that is how I, drinker of the beer, feel about this brew. Amazing in every way, I have not had anything but this in my glass for almost a year. On tap or by the bottle, I stocked my garage fridge with this, and load the pitcher or schooner in the same way.

I will again admit, I couldnt care less about the bubbles, the exact shade or color, the sound it makes when it goes glug glug into my glass, but I love the beer, the taste, and prefer it over several of my other likes, which are all wheat type cloudy unfiltered hefe's. If your world cares about all that, help yourself to another review. As for me, next chance I have, I will help myself to another orange wheat.

Before anyone cries more rivers about my review, I didn't even know hangar 24 existed, and I live less than an hour away from the brewery, so no this isn't some hurt employee trying to juice the scores like this is some type of yelp attack. I love this beer and think most the reviews posted here are junk.

Thanks for reading, I hope this stays here for all to see because the site should be based on real users drinking real beer... you know... beer, the liquid part the foam is floating on.

4.75/5  rDev +37.3%

3.75/5  rDev +8.4%

2.75/5  rDev -20.5%

1.75/5  rDev -49.4%

3.25/5  rDev -6.1%

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Hangar 24 Orange Wheat from Hangar 24 Brewery