Hangar 24 Orange Wheat - Hangar 24 Brewery

Hangar 24 Orange WheatHangar 24 Orange Wheat

Hangar 24 Brewery visit their website

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  4.60% ABV

Beer added by: Floydster on 03-22-2008

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Hangar 24 Orange Wheat Alström Bros

3.52/5  rDev +1.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Reviewed from notes. Part of a H24 tasting at WF Venice.

A: Poured from a can a hazy straw yellow with a half-inch white head which faded slowely and left spots of lace.

N: Wheaty and orange citrus with faint malt sweetness.

T: Wheaty grains, some yeasty esters, and orange essence.

M: Semi-moderate body and medium carbonation. Light, clean, fruity yeasty finish.

O: Easy drinking and actually pretty good.

4.5/5  rDev +30.1%

I came across this site looking for locations for taps and also wanted to read some reviews and was blown away by what was posted on this, my most favorite beer ever.

Judging from the amount of energy dedicated to evaluating the foam details, how thick the head is, what its color is and how long it stuck around the glass rim, I am definitely not the same beer enthusiast as most here. Personally I don't care an inch about the foam, and bothering to post a review to cry about how you don't agree with the bubbles is just sad. Do any of you actually drink the beer, or is this a wine snob area where you swish it around and spit it out, staring at the glass and whining instead of drinking. I'm so lost on most of your tact.

The beer, the part I like, is my favorite. It's a hefe style brew, has a light hint of orange, and I think it's phenomenal. Judging from the amount of lather and low scores, it's clear I might be alone, but anyone that gives this beer a 3 is a tool. No beer is perfect, like wine or women, people have individual tastes, but three of five is a lame pedestrian score and totally out of place for this orange wheat. It's at least a four in the world of beers, and I railed my review with perfect fives because that is how I, drinker of the beer, feel about this brew. Amazing in every way, I have not had anything but this in my glass for almost a year. On tap or by the bottle, I stocked my garage fridge with this, and load the pitcher or schooner in the same way.

I will again admit, I couldnt care less about the bubbles, the exact shade or color, the sound it makes when it goes glug glug into my glass, but I love the beer, the taste, and prefer it over several of my other likes, which are all wheat type cloudy unfiltered hefe's. If your world cares about all that, help yourself to another review. As for me, next chance I have, I will help myself to another orange wheat.

Before anyone cries more rivers about my review, I didn't even know hangar 24 existed, and I live less than an hour away from the brewery, so no this isn't some hurt employee trying to juice the scores like this is some type of yelp attack. I love this beer and think most the reviews posted here are junk.

Thanks for reading, I hope this stays here for all to see because the site should be based on real users drinking real beer... you know... beer, the liquid part the foam is floating on.

4.75/5  rDev +37.3%

3.75/5  rDev +8.4%

2.75/5  rDev -20.5%

1.75/5  rDev -49.4%

3.25/5  rDev -6.1%

Yep, so Raul did it. That moment of the party where someone takes your last Mirror Pond so you are left with what's left in the ice trough - and Hangar 24 Orange Wheat it is.

Flavor was kind of like how Raul likes NickelBack CDs: muted. It was there, but it was fainter than a mid 19th century wife wearing an extra small corset. Aroma, mouthfeel... all around the same.

It's drinkable and at least it not repugnant like the macro offerings in the same style.

3.42/5  rDev -1.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

Bone white inch tall head on a soft orange opaque body. Small sticks around for awhile. Small amount of lacing.

Lemon zesty citrus in the aroma but you really gotta get your nose into it.

Apparent citrus but subdued. Wheat aspect stands out the most. An easy drinker built for the summer.

Has a unique spritzy(?) carbonation to it. Medium to medium-thin mouthfeel.

A perfect beer for a shandy drinker to try. Thanks for the CA beer kojevergas.

Hangar 24 Orange Wheat from Hangar 24 Brewery