Microbrew Invitational

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Block 15 Brewery & Restaurant
Oregon, United States | website

Style: American Amber / Red Ale

"Munich and Vienna malts give this ale a hearty malt profile. Noble and high alpha hops balance the palate with an easy finish. Dry hopped for a fresh aroma. 32 IBU's, 6.3% alc/vol"

Added by RedDiamond on 06-12-2008

Reviews: 4 | Ratings: 10
Reviews by xnicknj:

3.88/5  rDev +7.5%

From a sampler group at Block 15. I thought this was a standout among some very average brews. Red amber with a modest head and fair amount of lacings. Suprisingly hoppy for a red with enough sweet malts to support the bitterness. The abv is a bit high for a session beer but if I could handle the alcohol I would drink this beer all evening. Very nice.

3.66/5  rDev +1.4%

I had this on tap at Brick 15 in Corvallis on tap in a pint. Reds are my favorite beers so I had high hopes from this one as everyone in town swears by this brewery. It held up pretty well. It had an average look not much lace and what was there disappeared quickly. The smell was average in that there was not much of an aroma at all, at least not one that enhanced the brew. The mouthfeel was good creamy and thicker like how a red should be in my opinion, and the taste was above average flavorful but not overpowering. Overall an average red but I'd drink it again.

3.11/5  rDev -13.9%

A somewhat indistinct ale with no aroma and a constrained flavor. Ridgeback shows nice fluffy, cream-colored suds on an unfiltered body of dark saffron. But there's nothing here that either grabs or repels me. Just a simple malt-n-hops combo with a slight English feel.

3.76/5  rDev +4.2%

On tap into an 8 oz. glass; while awaiting my 'take away order' at Venti's Cafe, Salem, OR, 27 June 2009.

a: cloudy red / little head
s: mild - slight hops aroma
t: sweet / flavorful / bitter finish
m: pleasant / semi-dry
d: very drinkable; I look forward to a pint before it rotates out.

Ridgeback Red from Block 15 Brewery & Restaurant
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.