Microbrew Invitational

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Added by ccrida on 08-13-2010

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 4
4.21/5  rDev +0.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

On draught at Bailey's, Six Hop Wonder is a chill hazed dull gold with an off-white head that leaves very nice lace.

Smell is really dank, lots of C-hops give it a strong cat pee aroma that is a bit off-putting due to it's exaggeration.

Taste is very fruity, surprisingly sweet, huge apricot, tangerine, passion fruit, presumably English ale esters. Super complex but not at all what I was expecting. Plenty of hop flavor too, but all citrus, with a big bitterness to counter the sweetness and provide relative balance. Very assertive, big flavor overall, it really one me over once I adjusted to it.

Mouthfeel is very creamy and soft, but with a dry finish. Medium thick body, perhaps a bit heavy on the the specialty malts.

Drinkability is high for me, as I am really digging it. Love it or hate it style though with the extreme fruitiness, but I like it a lot. Extra credit for being not only unique, but clean and smooth, with the ABV totally hidden. I just had Pliny the Younger the day before, and liked this better. A palate buster for sure though.

Six Hop Wonder from Block 15 Brewery & Restaurant
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.