2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

5 Year Anniversary Quad Aged In A Single Oak Barrel - Block 15 Brewery & Restaurant

5 Year Anniversary Quad Aged In A Single Oak Barrel
No picture uploaded.
good

Block 15 Brewery & Restaurant visit their website
Oregon, United States

Quadrupel (Quad) |  15.16% ABV

(Beer added by: amnesia85 on 04-14-2013)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers
Ratings: 12 | Reviews: 1 | Show All Ratings:
amnesia85

Connecticut

4.88/5  rDev +33.3%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

date listed on bottle as 11/1/2009, no bottle # listed but states 384 bottles produced. the label is very informative.
preparation: bottle was taken from my basement, chilled in fridge x 10 min served in a sherry glass. Pours still, which entices me even more!!! :)

A: looks like barreled juice nectar! -deep toned walnut, dark maple syrup, reddish tinged oak, clear enough to see through it yet dark enough to be considered a bourbon/liqour. This beer runs clear off the surface of my glass. I love the way it moves.

A: raisins, figs, prunes, and dates. I'm picking up the sherry, tabacco, leather, cherry, anteseptic clean like smell most likely due to the alcohol %

T: front end packed with dark cherry and prune raisin fig dump on the back end which lasts for some time after drinking. this beer truly shines while lingering. it almost tastes like prune juice + water. I do not feel like this is a high abv beer by any means.

M: clean, syrupy, anteseptic yet not overwhelming due to the high alcohol content. This beer is light and runs from my tongue.

O: pleasant, uplifting, 15%???? - not a chance... I'd love more. Reminds me of Michael crossed with bourbon Fred '11

04-14-2013 06:57:04 | More by amnesia85
5 Year Anniversary Quad Aged In A Single Oak Barrel from Block 15 Brewery & Restaurant