Autumn Maple - The Bruery

The Bruery visit their website

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  10.00% ABV

Availability: Fall

Beer added by: MiScusi on 09-21-2008

Brewed with 17 lbs. of yams per barrel (in other words, a lot of yams!), this autumn seasonal is a different take on the "pumpkin" beer style. Brewed with cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, vanilla, molasses, and maple syrup, and fermented with our traditional Belgian yeast strain, this bold and spicy beer is perfect on a cold autumn evening.

ABV: 10%, IBU: 25, SRM: 15, Release: Fall
firstprev| 526-550 | 551-575 | 576-600  | next → last
Reviews: 579 | Hads: 1,831
3.33/5  rDev -12.1%

The label says they used yams, molasses, maple syrup, and fall spices to make this strong Belgian-style ale; I think the brewers emptied a fully stocked horn o' plenty into the mash tun. But the beer was good--for the most part.

My 750 ml bottle unleashes a dark brown torrent. Carbonation roars skyward in a mushroom cloud of foam--then crashes down and disappears before I can jot a note about its creamy, off-white color (I have a good memory). So where's the head? Did someone slip Diet Coke into my beer bottle again? A sniff reveals maple syrup. My first sip finds more maple syrup chased by sweet potatoes, brown sugar, and spicy Belgian yeast. Its body is light with cola-like carbonation. An intensely sweet brew, but aside from that, there's not a ton going on here. The flavors don't kick you in the teeth and shout "taste it!" the way a Chimay Blue or De Dolle Oerbier does. Autumn Maple simply didn't linger long on my palate. (940 characters)

4.3/5  rDev +13.5%

750ml/tulip - pours a beautiful dark amber red, with a generous 2inch off white head, which dissipates somewhat fast. nice lacing on this one, creeps down the glass. Aroma - Metallic, brown sugar, dirt. Tastes of sweet maple, mild spiciness, and dark fruits, very unique and hides the 10% abv amazingly. very smooth over the palate, 0 alcohol burn, very little carbonation, a nice sweet malty finish. Overall this beer is surprisingly light bodied and very drinkable. this could get dangerous.... (496 characters)

4.74/5  rDev +25.1%
look: 4 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

From the local watering hole on tap. Pub Pint.

One taste and I ordered a growler to go.

It was like I walked into our local apple orchard store and someone hit me in the face with a pumpkin pie and dozen apple crisp donuts. Then told me it wasn't made from either.

Not a big fan of the fruit and veggie beers. I was really surprised at how well this beer was done. Pumpkin, sweet potato, ginger, brown sugar, maple all the wonderful smells of fall.

A must have for anyone who likes the pumpkin style beers, perfect for autumn. (533 characters)

2.98/5  rDev -21.4%

I was very excited to try this beer since it was brewed with yams, spices, and maple. However, I was very disappointed when the it poured with no head whatsoever. Little to no carbonation. Great aroma and flavors going on, but it tasted like a beer right after fermentation - flat and sweet. The beer is bottle conditioned so maybe I got one that just didn't carbonate. Gave it a 1.5 on drinkability because my friends and I had to dump it down the drain. Sad. (460 characters)

firstprev| 526-550 | 551-575 | 576-600  | next → last