1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Black Tuesday - The Bruery

2010: 18.2% ABV
2011: 18.3% ABV
2012: 19.2% ABV
2013: 18.9% ABV

(Beer added by: OlieIPA on 07-18-2009)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Black Tuesday Alström Bros
Ratings: 2,112 | Reviews: 542 | Show All Ratings:
EliottJW

There's no reason for me to get long winded with this. I should recognize that everything has NOT been said about this beer so far, but that's it's draw - it's unbelievably complex. so far the norm on this is giving an essay length review, and it's TOTALLY warranted. This beer is hands down amazing.

I think I got a LITTLE short changed on the 4oz pour, but there was no need to complain, it was just as attractive and worth it as it would have been otherwise. pitch black with a tight, almost sandy in consistency head. after receding, a twirl of the glass would cause the crown to mimic the look of a nebulous cloud... really an awesome looking beer whose nose, taste, mouthfeel and overall drinkablility agreed with the look of it completely.

smelled caramely, nutty and sweet like molasses. the balance on this beer between the bourbon and malts was truly remarkable. full, creamy and completely masking the size of this beer, no one has exaggerated even a touch.

I liken this beer to GI BCS... only 20x more drinkable... if you can believe it. I had to ration myself on the size of my sips as it was going down so unbelievably smooth.

if the bottles end up as the draft did, this beer is truly worth the hype... and if this were ebay, I would leave feedback saying "Great beer! Would do business again! AAA+++".

and it looks like I got a little lengthy anyway... sorry.

08-04-2009 01:24:01 | More by EliottJW
RobH

Maryland

Quite simply the absolute best Imperial Stout that has ever graced my tastebuds!

Poured into a tulip glass, it presents an alluring visual sea of rich, dark liquid as expected of this style.

The treat really begins with the first twirl of the glass lifting toward the nose. Beautifully balanced and not overpowering, essences of bourbon and dark fruits and toffee envelop the olfactory glands with delight.

This beer seems to present only the finest characteristics of the aromas presented, all working together in harmony. There is nothing harsh. No overpowering alcohol. You would never know from the aroma that this liquid is 19.5% ABV.

On to the flavors, where this beer is a form of liquid black gold. As with the aromas, the flavors present a perfectly balanced dance of dark fruits and dark chocolate/toffee enhanced by mild woody bourbon notes that give it an elegance without any off-putting bite. No harsh alcohol whatsoever.

This beer invites sip after sip. It draws you in with an addictive presentation of symbiotic flavors; all of which are meant to be there. It is world class.

If you live in SoCal you must visit the brewery (The Bruery) to taste this beer. If you don't live there, book a ticket and fly there to taste this beer! Anybody can go to Disneyland. This is the magic kingdom of Imperial Stouts!

Rob

08-11-2009 12:51:51 | More by RobH
brandoneast

Reviewing from good notes on Black Tuesday - really wish I could get a bottle of this!! Please beermail me if you see anything interesting to trade for in my gots list.

Had on tap, poured by Patrick Rue @ GABF....a few times by the way. Besides Supplication, this is the best beer i have ever experienced, hands down best Imperial Stout.

Poured black, sucking in the ambient light and showing a mocha head, tight carbonation. Aromas of vanilla, freshly baked - toasted biscotti, some oak, roasted coffee, some dark fruit - cranberry and currants come to mind, roasted pecans. Taste is creamy mocha, vanilla, and oaky bourbon. So well balanced it's sick. Mouthfeel is smooth, chewy, but lends a pleasant viscosity. Not fusel at all, Black Tuesday is 19.5% but drinks like 9%.

So beautifully executed. Patrick is a pioneer and a true alchemist - blending art and science into something that really speaks volumes of American ingenuity.

10-27-2009 20:18:07 | More by brandoneast
NRa4ever

The pour is black. It was poured straight from the source. I wrapped my nose inside the tulip glass and it smelled like bourbon,molasses, and burnt caramel. So many different flavors that smack you as soon as the beer hits your palate. It is well balanced, and does not feel like a 19.5 alcohol beer. It has an aftertaste that reminds you of a chocolaty licorice(good licorice taste) taste. It is a thick mouthful, causing one to fill a full bodied beer full of sweetness and dark malts. I did not taste any bitterness in the beer, and it still tasted great. If you do not like imperial stouts, then you will probably still love this beer. It is very drinkable, and after one sip the palate craves another drink.

10-28-2009 09:31:15 | More by NRa4ever
mrbubbler

Appearance: black and syrupy with a dark brown head a couple cm thick.

Smell: bourbon molasses vanilla chocolate and a slight hint of booze

Taste: chocolate bourbon and strong molasses followed by trailing notes of vanilla. this is one hell of a beer. had a fair amount of alcohol burn when it was cold, but after warming up alcohol was barely noticeable

Mouth-feel: thick and a tad bit syrupy. slight carbonation.

Drinkability: Quite amazing how well this drank for being 19.5%.

Overall: This is one hell of a beer. i felt that this beer could never live up to its hype, but i was wrong.

10-28-2009 18:42:52 | More by mrbubbler
Bankhead

mardi noir poured from a bottle for me and my wife as a final halloween weekend treat

i let her review kate so now she's reviewing this:

"this is my new favorite beer"

"i wish every beer was like this"

"tastes so fucking good"

for my take just read my chocolate rain review but pretend that it's also perfectly carbonated with malted milk ball head and lace and that the fudgyness and vanilla sweetness are replaced by deep savory port port dessert wine badassosity

worth the wait and glad i got to try this batch fresh

11-02-2009 02:01:46 | More by Bankhead
erz316

Indiana

If my memory serves me right, there are five excuses for drinking: a house guest arriving, being thirsty at the moment, having a thirst to come in the future, the innate goodness of beer, or, really, any reason of which you can think. (thus is my liberal interpretation and translation of a Pere Sermond)

This has been outside all day, so it should be about 50° F. poured into my la fin du monde tulip glass.

What music to listen to when reviewing such an epic beer? Bach's chaccone, bvw 1004? no, too solemn. Dark side of the moon? No, I'm not getting high after all. Some Monk? No, I need to conjure grandeur, not cool. I think such a beer deserves the most epic song of them all: The Final Countdown. Yes, that will do. Now, where's that repeat button?

A - this beer is a freakin' black hole! Charon denies any light entrance into this stygian glass of ambrosia. pitch, tar, midnight, whatever you want to call it, this brew is as black as Medea's child-killing heart. the liquid itself pours at a seemingly reasonable viscosity, no the motor oil that dark lord is. the head is the perfect colour, it is a perfect medium-dark tan colour. the head is big, aforementioned, and quite light, not creamy at all. the head slowly fizzes down, begging me to fill in the gap left in the tulip; i indulge my new mistress with her request. a solid 1cm layer of foam stays on the top of the beer at all times.

S - the smell is more intense than Frank Dux fighting in the kumite. the nose hits you in the face like a ton of bricks: top notes of booze, bourbon, and oak; middle notes of molasses, prunes, burnt sugar; the base notes are of huge dark malts, roasted and excellent and a slight vinous hint. the sheer power of the oak and whiskey can be overwhelming, it's like they made a barrel out of the mighty Pelian ash itself, or out of all the grandest trees on Mt. Ida. if nothing else: it smells like i'm in an alcoholic cooper's shop. the sheer amount of booze and the need to sift through this bastion of an aroma might be a turn off for some, it might be too much for their noses, not I: I have suffered my body day and night, depriving my self of food and sleep, toughening my body to prepare for the romance of this beer (not really though). for whatever it is worth: styles aside, i can still say I prefer the nose of W.12, but that is probably because I like Belgian styles the most; this beer hold a firm grasp on second place.

T - the taste, oh the taste! I think I have a new favorite stout, yes, indeed I do! Drinking this beer is like taking a bite out of barrel, but one made of deliciousness. That wasn't very descriptive now was it? Let's try that again: if you could encapsulate the experience of getting a bj while holding in one hand my Svend Bang tiger stripe pipe with a bowl full of balkan sobranie aged since the 80's stripe pipe, a glass of '26 Macallan in the other hand (pick any drink you please if you dont like scotch), while having just won the world poker tour on the top turret of Schloss Neuschwanstein. Crude? yes. Accurate? I believe so. Now, onto the taste. the initial taste is a powerhouse of flavours: vanilla, bourbon, oak, malts, fermenting fruits, and some some maple syrup. the alcohol (which I find hard to believe is so high) really does a number on the palate, and I love every second of its burning fury. the finish burns like Troy in the hands of the Danaans. the finish too is hugely boozy, burning, savory with a big molasses aspect and slightly sweet like prunes. a fitting finish for such a beer. the brew doesn't expand in taste like some others, it stays pretty much the same in the taste, the only thing changing is the alcohol, which is what I wanted: the booze in the initial is generally burning (if you hold it in your moth for long enough), but in the finish, pending on how long you kept it in your mouth, can be burning or an amazing dry fruity experience. Some coffee like flavours come out as well in this finish, particularly in the acidic bitter way that coffee tends to finish. the aftertaste is completely different; true it still is a large part of oak and booze, there is a definite chocolate, coffee, caramel/brown burnt sugar aspect that jumps out. having such dynamism in a beer is what makes the few and the proud full score brews.

MF&D - the carbonation is a bit low on this guy, but I find it enough for something with so much flavour and booze. the lack of carbonation is justified when one realizes the body isn't like a motor oil, it is thiner, and thus to get that syrupy feel some absence of carbonation is required. drinkablility? oh man, for a beer with 19.5% abv this brew is like drinking silk. the booze never chokes me up, never makes me gag, it goes down with its lovely burning and thats the end of that. it is a masterful piece of brewing and I wish that I could have regular access to such a prize of a beer.

11-06-2009 01:11:52 | More by erz316
JRhode

A jet black beer with a slightly brown twinge at the edge of the glass. Chocolate brown head that dissipated quickly. Lacing drips vertically down the glass rather than horizontally. Reeks of bourbon, charred oak, molasses, possibly chocolate cake, and dried dark fruits. Tastes like a vanilla bourbon truffle with a sprinkle of espresso. Coffee flavor comes out in the finish in what is otherwise dominated by bourbon, molasses and vanilla. The taste of Tuesday lingers for over a minute after each sip is gone. Taste buds are saturated and nearly overwhelmed by the depth of flavor. Mouthfeel is thick and rich, but lightened by adequate carbonation. Considering the 19.5% abv, the drinkability is silly. An amazing beer that is the best of its style.

11-07-2009 04:10:40 | More by JRhode
Overlord

Well, had a chance to sample one of my precious few remaining bottles of this. It's made its way from tap to bottle spectacularly. I really don't have too much to change about my review (I invariably only review a beer once, regardless of how many serving variations I have, but I'll make an exception this one time). I'll put in all caps the differences.

Pours a dark black, with a surprisingly robust bubbling brown head. IF ANYTHING, IT MIGHT BE MORE CARBONATED IN THE BOTTLED VERSION, AS I REMEMBER THE HEAD DYING DOWN FASTER FOR THE ON-TAP VERSION. YAY FORCED CARBONATION.

Smells like molasses, brown sugar, heavenly bourbon (these guys have the f****g best bourbon barrels), vanilla, and a bit of spicy ... nuttiness? Caramel? Insane. Tons of roasted chocolate and malt.

Taste delivers on the promise of the smell. Just wondrous. More bourbon, more roasted bitter chocolate malt with an undercurrent of sweet milk chocolate, a crazy pecan/woody/earthy nutty aftertaste, that "vanilla in the raw" flavor, and layered brown sugar/molasses. Hints of oak/wood. This is absolutely great. IT'S BEEN IN THE BARREL A BIT LONGER, AND MAY BE A BIT STRONGER IN THE BOURBON AND VANILLA.

For what it is, the drinkability is dangerous and insane. Sticky, chewy, and thick. Rivals Dark Lord, Darkness, PtY, and World Wide Stout for thickest, chewiest beer I've ever tried.

One of a handful of beers I could legitimately call the best I've ever had. I will treasure this "twenty malt" version.

11-15-2009 07:40:11 | More by Overlord
Sandstone

Black Tuesday. It exposes English for the failure of a language it is. No words capable of the profound expression needed.

The ancient Chinese have a symbol. Unpronounceable, but which I have always referred to as The Xa. The Xa is the very concept of inexpressibility. The Xa transcends language and evokes emotion, raw and true.

Black Tuesday is The Xa. A beer which has profoundly impacted my life. With but a single sip, all prior culinary experiences became dull and meaningless by comparison.

Appearance: Black. Impenetrable darkness. A thin brown head, the only sign of life beneath the murky depths.

Smell: Chocolate. Bourbon. Molasses. A delicate richness never before known to beer. Every inhalation is an orgasm of the senses.

Taste: Roasted malts, bourbon. Barrel aged complexity that is beyond the previous limits of my experience.

Mouthfeel: Thick and viscous. Brutal and abusive in many ways, but with the delicate touch of a passionate lover.

Drinkability: Unparalleled. One could drink this forever into the oblivion.

True joy escaped my face in the form of a single tear, rolling down the cheek, into the sublime concoction I was partaking of.

I was one with The Xa.

The pleasure, immeasurable, the pain unthinkable.

White Truffle. Black Caviar. Foie Gras. Even the forbidden Ortolan. They now meant less than nothing to me. They tasted foul and vile by comparison.

Food, I cannot eat. Drink, I cannot drink.

Every day, every minute, since my sip of Black Tuesday, I have been haunted by The Xa.

Help me, Patrick Rue.

Help. Me.

11-23-2009 20:37:25 | More by Sandstone
mightyj

A - black. pitch dark. brown head

S - smell vanilla bourbon and coffee mainly. pleasant smell. not overwhelmingly alcoholic

T - this is the best beer i have yet to taste. rich malty taste with vanilla and dark chocolate. smooth as silk

M - thick but has a good amount of carbonation for what it is

D - it is a little strong but it goes down so smooth that its amazing that its 19.5%. plenty other IRS have a much stronger alcoholic flavor

11-27-2009 08:49:13 | More by mightyj
FishScales

I have had the pleasure of having this beer both on tap as well as out of the bottle. It is amazing both ways. The most recent time was a couple nights ago we opened a bottle for a friends birthday. The beer was a beautiful dark chocolate color with a nice head to it. All of the aromas from chocolate to bourbon were present as you take your sip from the glass. Even though the ABV is about 19, it goes down smooth and without a bite. Personally I am not a stout drinker, but this is the best beer I have had. It is fantastic!

12-04-2009 18:19:44 | More by FishScales
DwnTwnBwn

Thank you abecal98 for sharing this heaven sent beer.

A - The beer pours a complete Obsidian black. Its beautiful how it seems to not only adsorb light but it reflects it, much like the rock. Amazingly small bubbles in dark khaki head

S - Starts off a clean sweetness deep dark chocolate the a wonderful black cherry. Back round notes of honey and vinilla come through as well.

T - Perfect complexity dark dry chocolate that moves to dreamy dark fruits. Roast malts and bitterness finish n an ever satisfying finish. There are subtle notes of Vanilla and Honey which enhance the flavor profile. As the beer warms it brings out further surprises of Bourbon and oak. The Honey and sweet malt stand up a bit more but the chocolate and cherries still stand on top.

M - Even well balanced medium body, thick flavor ebbs to a soft finish

O - The reason for the perfect review is because of the vibrancy of each flavor and its how each note does not over power the next. This is one of the best beers I've ever had.

01-10-2010 03:35:58 | More by DwnTwnBwn
abecall98

Opened this bottle and shared it with friends. One including BA DwnTwnBwn and ebingen.

A - pours a viscious thick black. As I poured it into my tulip, the oily slick beer grabs the inside of the glass as it pours in. A nice inch of tan bubbly head stays at the top. Not much lacing, but the beer leaves a constant thin head at top.

S - chocolate, bourbon, sweet molases. All those flavors and more come in the nose. So much going on. Another wiff hints of coffee ad licorice. Amazing.

T - wow. So much going on in this beer. First taste hits with brown sugar. After that comes slight coffee. Then, the hint of dark melted chocolate blasts it's way in and is followed by the taste of ripe cherries. Damn, the flavor profile contues to develop as it warms. Bourbon now, slight vanilla, a pleasing bourbon burn pleasantly coats your throat at warmer serving temperature. This beer is a slice of heaven in a glass. What you expect in such a strong, viscous complex stout is here.

M - perfectly carbonated. This beer is thick, chewy, and sharp. The beer fills up your mouth, and the flavor explodes with the sticky beer hitting every flavor receptor. Perfect.

D - for a 19.5% abv beer, the drinkability is threw the roof. So damn drinkable. Every sip males me want more. Can't get enough.

O - wow, even better than the first time I had this beer. So good. Something everybody should try.

01-10-2010 03:58:48 | More by abecall98
aknight

Dark, dark brown, almost black. The smell is pure sweetness. The taste is syrupy sweet and complex. Surprisingly little alcohol taste for a beer of this ABV but after drinking I definitely get the warm mouthfeel that lets me know there was a lot of alcohol in there. The most amazing thing about this beer though is the way it coats the tongue. This is like beer concentrate, it coats the tongue like an oily syrup. This beer is a truly amazing experience. For a beer of this ABV it is amazingly drinkable. The sweetness is a bit much, I don't know that I could drink a pint of it but it would be wonderful served in a snifter or tulip glass as an after dinner drink.

11-06-2010 03:55:05 | More by aknight
Luvzsurfrz

Sampled from a bottle into my taster (TWICE) at The Bruery's 3rd Anniversary Party.

A: Pours dark, opaque black with a dark brown head. Obvi, hard to get an accurate vision of it's true appearance consider my taster only held a 4oz pour, but I was definitely in awe regardless.

S: Smells very boozy up front with hints of chocolate, coffee, and rich malty goodness.

T: For me, the taste lives up to the hype of this incredible beer! Very similar to the smell, and the boozy taste is incredibly smooth for such a high abv.

M: Thick, but very smooth and warm going down.

O: Overall, very impressed! Very complex flavoring, that is beyond my less experienced palette. Also, want to give a BIG THANK YOU to The Bruery for pulling our ticket in the lottery give-away. We now have a bottle of Black Tuesday to keep and save for a special occassion. VERY excited to try it again!

05-31-2011 19:30:36 | More by Luvzsurfrz
2beerdogs

I am blessed to live near the Bruery. Patrick, Tyler, et al are brave brewers that have a playful, adventurous, at times a bit crazy approach to fermentations. They love exploring traditional beers, yet are far from afraid to turn them on their heads.

Black Tuesday is a true blessing handed down to the lovers of strong ales.

It drops into the glass, a dark mahogany, If you give it a swirl, you'll see the liquid leaves a slight kiss of what looks like cocoa butter on the side of the glass before it rejoins the drink.

The nose is beautiful. Your first inhale gives you a hint of what is to come. Now inspired, you give it another, deeper sniff. Hints of chocolate, maybe toffee, bourbon, and...Black Tuesday is so complex, you can continue smelling but...

I have yet to taste another liquid that I have enjoyed more than Black Tuesday. My first time was an epiphany. And now 2 years later I long for it for months waiting for its release. It has a warming delivery of chocolate, bourbon, at times i get a hint of toffee--maybe caramel. It is a truly beautiful drink.
Cheers to the folks at the Bruery!

11-28-2011 20:55:30 | More by 2beerdogs
drgarage

2011 vintage bottle enjoyed over New Year's Eve with some of my best friends.

I have very little to say about this beer, other than to note that it is like nothing else I have tried. It's an RIS turned into dessert wine or port. The mouthfeel is unparalleled, there are huge gobs of coconut, char, and chocolate. It's a perfect sipper, without noticeable heat, which is shocking at its ABV. Given how great it is this young, I can't wait to find out what it tastes like in years to come.

In thinking about the difference between this and a great RIS like Dark Lord, it strikes me that I would love for someone to figure out how to make a great RIS that was constantly available and very affordable. For Black Tuesday, on the other hand, I can't imagine having it more than once every four months or so, regardless of what it cost. Truly memorable, andI'm glad I had the opportunity.

01-03-2012 00:56:54 | More by drgarage
Damian

Drank from a 1 pint 9.4 fl. oz./750 ml bottle
2009 vintage
Served in a tulip
Acquired in a trade with fumner

Review #650

Absolute pitch black in appearance. The liquid poured super oily and was topped by a thin wisp of caramel colored froth. Within seconds, the head dissolved to a clingy ring.

The nose was outrageously rich and fragrant. Super sweet with strong brown sugar and molasses notes. Raisins, prunes and dates were definitely noticeable as well. Lots of deep, dark roasted malts. The bourbon character was definitely present but the booziness must have mellowed with time. What remained were intense notes of vanilla and toasted coconut. There was a definite port wine-like aspect as well.

The flavor profile was even more impressive than the aroma. Massive amounts of roasted and caramel malts appeared on the front end. Tons of brown sugar and sweet cream. As in the nose, bourbon was definitely noticeable but the booziness was amazingly well contained. This beer seriously drank like something in the 12-13% ABV range. Strong molasses and port notes. Some French roast coffee and bakers chocolate. Vanilla and toasted coconut notes played a major role in the taste as well. The finish was sweet and mellow, yet not cloying in the least bit.

Black Tuesday was undoubtedly the most thick and viscous monster of a beer I have ever had the pleasure of drinking. The motor oil-like liquid contained a fine, mild effervesce which lent the beer a surprisingly supple creaminess. Simply amazing.

This 2009 vintage bottle of Black Tuesday was hands down the best stout of any type I have ever tried, and perhaps my favorite beer overall. Despite the ridiculously high ABV (19.5%), the alcohol was so well melded into the flavor profile. I wound up splitting my bottle four ways but felt like I could have put down at least half of it myself (although I might not be standing afterward).

Bottles of these beasts sell for over $300 on eBay and now I understand why.

01-22-2012 22:24:43 | More by Damian
MisterKilderkin

Black Tuesday oh what stories you spawn.

Pours dark and with a sweet boozy lusciousness
The taste is just as good as it smells and it changes getting even better as it warms up
Love the way this sits on the tongue. There's nothing I don't enjoy about this beer.

One of my favorite things about BT is that it has such a high abv and it is such a thick beer that it is not advised to drink an entire bottle to one's self. Instead it basically begs to be shared among friends & family.

02-02-2012 22:39:40 | More by MisterKilderkin
Ootppizza

I enjoy this beer every year at the black tuesday party held at the bruery and its an event i look forward to time and time again. The apearance is black as night
smells of rich chocolate and dark malts
taste like heaven
mouthfeel is thick and silky and hot all at the same time and stays on your tongue for what seams like an enterity.
only thing better is chocolate rain...which is the same beer with a crap load of coco nibs added.

02-22-2012 00:49:16 | More by Ootppizza
AndyAvalanche

2011 750 ML bottle poured into a Duvel Tulip style glass. As indicated in the name the beer comes out black rising in the glass so no light gets through. The pour itself coming out of the bottle had brown highlights. Swirling it in the glass it has a light cough syrup effect to it. Tan colored head with mostly small bubbles, sticks around to the point of a ring around the edge. Decent glass retention, this looks to be an extremely elite beer.

Smell is decadently perfect. Sweet bourbon, decadent and fudgy chocolate are dominant. Plenty of vanilla and oak wood aromas come out. Subtlety toasted marshmallows. Heat from the bourbon tones are present, but it's a nice tickle on your nose, very pleasant.

Much like the smell the exquisite rich chocolate tones come out at you, high class and not overly sweet but all delicious. Plenty of bourbon flavors as well, strong tones of vanilla saturated wood, leather, and even some slight tobacco. Feint hints of licorice on the back of the tongue and again with some toasted marshmallows drizzled with melted brown sugar. All parts of this beer work in every aspect. Beer is as good as beer can taste, perfect when it comes to barrel aged stouts.

Black Tuesday is a full bodied beer, it's heavy with a lingering flavor, but not quite heavy enough where you completely have to chew it (close though). Silky smooth the entire session with a nice carbonation level. Warm finish that doesn't burn at all, just a nice tingling heat to let you know that it's there. 18.3% is nothing to scoff at and how potent this beer is, if someone were to tell you it was a bit lower, it'd be believable based on how drinkable this beer is. This is not a beer to chug, but instead a nice sipper for a night cap. Crazy, crazy drinkable. I could drink a bottle myself, but it's too good not to share and should really just be consumed on occasions where it will be appreciated. Home Run, Slam Dunk, Overtime Goal, Game Winning TD or whatever you want to call it from The Bruery!

10-25-2012 07:17:01 | More by AndyAvalanche
EdwardFortyHands

Iowa

I really like this beer. Everything about it is a great stout. Not overly boozy, though it is front and center all the time.

What I like most is the quote on the front of the bottle. All things are fleeting. Bulls and bears will come and go, but pigs get slaughtered.

01-07-2013 06:49:41 | More by EdwardFortyHands
Spectre

Have had bottled and on tap. Seams like there's more flavor when served from a bottle.

A. Real thick black with a small dark brown head.

S. Strong bourbon, chocolate, and coffee.

T. Flavor packs a punch and lingers wonderfully after being drank. The perfect amount of chocolate and coffee.

M. Goes down real smooth. Just a little more syrup than most would like but not bad.

Overall I have to say that this is the king of stouts and the only beers that stand near are the variations which furthermore prove my point.

01-11-2013 22:27:29 | More by Spectre
smk8nig

Colorado

Fist of all, I could be happy just smelling this beer for hours. I had the 2012 batch (twice) and both times it was incredible. Chocolate and coffee notes, nuttiness in the middle, great hop and malt balance - a true whale. It will linger in your mouth forever, so don't plan on drinking anything else for the rest of the night.

05-16-2013 21:14:12 | More by smk8nig