Black Tuesday - The Bruery

2013: 18.9% ABV
2014: 19.7% ABV
Reviews: 614 | Hads: 3,307
4.67/5  rDev +4.9%

Pours black, mocha collar. Little lacing.

Boozy aroma, vanilla.

Smoothsmoothsmooth, first and foremost. Doesn't drink 18%abv at all! Roasty. Mmm. Mmm.

Thick mouthfeel, medium carbonation.

What a treat! Thanks GraniteSkunk and abecall98! One of the best beers I've had all year. Amazing you see these people with dozens of this beer and we're all in astonishment just having one in our presence. (398 characters)

4.76/5  rDev +7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

Bottled Sep 2013, opened Nov 2013.

A - Black with a cola halo highlight. Bone-white head settles quickly into a thin rim around the edge of the class. Poor retention and low lace.

S - Booze forward nose; Bourbon soaked brownies, dark chocolate, malted milk balls.

T - Whoa. Thick, melted dark chocolate. Brown breads, caramel, almonds, vanilla, oak. Umami; soy sauce and sweet caramelized carrots. Molasses, brown sugar, and bourbon finish.

M - Incredible finish - possibly the best staying power I've ever had in a beer. Full, smooth, creamy frame.

O - An outstanding stout, absolutely worth the hype. (607 characters)

4.23/5  rDev -4.9%

2009 vintage. This one pours a viscous oily midnight black with no head. It smells of dark chocolate, roasted coffee, and intense dark fruit sweetness. It has a really sweet nose. It drinks of chocolate coffee syrup and is insanely flavorful despite the sweetness. The chocolate and dark fruits work very well together. It's smooth, thick, and syrupy and could be hard to finish due to sugar and alcohol but its an intense imperial stout. This is just a massive beer and despite the abv, is not too hot having mellowed slightly, being the 2009 vintage. While good, I don't know why this vintage demands so much on the trade block. (630 characters)

750ml bottle shared at woodshop 5.1

Poured a dark as night black like motor oil with a very thin head and almost no lacing left on the glass. There was a lot going on in the aroma which consisted of chocolate malts, coco nibs, brown sugar, slight bourbon notes, vanilla and toffee. It had a sweet nose which probably included dark fruits as well. You can definitely smell the bourbon. The flavor was really complex with the chocolatey brownie striking first on the palate with bourbon, toffee, vanilla and caramelized sugar accents. After a couple sips I also got slight coco like the nose and booze for sure. Black Tuesday was full bodied with a low amount of carbonation that had a silky sweet and boozy finish. It was pretty drinkable considering the ABV on this beast. I actually enjoyed it more on tap before they released last year don't get me wrong it is still a great beer I just had to put in my two cents on it that's all. This is something everyone should try at least once. (987 characters)

4.6/5  rDev +3.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Big bourbon aroma and very sweet, malty taste. Medium but sticky, syrupy body. Feels more like an English Barleywine than an Imperial Stout. Expected something else but overall it was very enjoyable. (199 characters)

4.96/5  rDev +11.5%

Enjoyed a bottle of this at a recent bottle share. Black Tuesday is an absolute beast of a beer in ABV and flavor. The bourbon barrels add delicious character to this fantastic brew. (182 characters)

4.5/5  rDev +1.1%

750 ml bottle, huge thanks to ritzkiss for cracking one. At the epic Bruery tasting.

Pours a surprising clear dark blackish red, some ruby highlights in the edges, medium sized brown head forms, slowly settles to a thin ring, some lace spots stick, very oily looking.

Smell is great, very intense stuff, toffee and chocolate, big bourbon notes, vanilla, oak, brown sugar, raisin, light roast, a touch of smoke, sweet and sugary through the middle, some booze, oats, coconut, pretty crazy.

Taste is awesome too, very rich, sweet at first, toffee and bourbon, vanilla, nice and woody, lightly roast and some chocolate, biscuit, raisin, brown sugar, oats, decent amount of fruity sweetness, port, sweet and lightly spicy in the finish, real nice coconut cream aftertaste.

Mouthfeel is oily and thick, big body, low carbonation, some heat going down but drinks no where near 20%. Some hype? Of course, but in this case it deserves it, this is great stuff. Thanks Eric!! (969 characters)

4.51/5  rDev +1.3%
look: 4 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Bottle opened and split on 6.29.13

2012 Vintage

A - Pours a deep brown/black with a few dark tan bubbles that form, move to the edges and then fade away quickly.

S - Bourbon, alcohol heat, chocolate, vanilla, roasted malts.

T - Bourbon and lots of heat, chocolate, vanilla, roasted malts. Very good.

D - Heavy body with lower carbonation.

O - This is a great beer that I have just never gotten around to opening. It was a nice bbq with friends over, so we opened some good beers. This was one of the hilights for me. Lots of boozy bourbon, heat, and layers of chocolate and vanilla. Wonderful beer. (604 characters)

4.79/5  rDev +7.6%

Well hey, BT pours out, black, but is very dark brown, you've seen blacker, so what. Very little head here, not much carbonation, plenty enough for style, immensity of this case.

The greatest meld of chocolate and bourbon for a series of beer, this one has plenty, and until I tried the chocolate rain version, I hadn't had a better example/mix of the beauty the two can do together. The vanilla and slightly charred oak feel is around, its warming, but for 18% it really is so nice. A rounded leather and tobacco blend can make you feel like you're in a Western. Every time I drink BT it burns itself into my memory. BT release night, Christmas fire etc. . .

Such a great 'base' beer for all the melanges/rain variations. Greatest cigar beer of all time. Sweetness. Every aspect is huge. It is very warming. Boozy, but never harsh.

Ended up rationalizing to write this review, I need to print a new 'my' top 1/2/300 list for my house anyways, such a completionist.

EDIT: Man, just had my first bottle of the 2011 last weekend during the Lesnar/Overeem fight. Might be the best one yet, and the appearance is just delightful. (1,132 characters)

4.35/5  rDev -2.2%

750ml bottle poured into tulip 12/10/12 generously opened by alpinclimber with Mattsander and myself

A not black but dark brown with deep cola edges, no head or lace as expected but some sexy thin legs, looks good but far from as dark as I was expecting

S almost smells more like bourbon then a beer, booze is strong with some molasses, soy faint teriyaki and even some smoky bacon, I get some woody earthy notes and chocolate, smells pretty good

T the booze is strong but if it wasn’t I’d be concerned, not as much soy but the vanilla and chocolate liqueur that replaces it works better for me, most of what I smells still there in one form or another but improved upon

M flat but syrupy and thick, much thicker then I’d guess from the color, its hot but manageable, silky boozy and a lovely bourbon aftertaste, well done for such a massive beer

O this is amazing now and I can only imagine what this would be like in a decade or two, pretty intense brew, I need to use some strength getting my lips apart, seriously though diabetes in a glass

I’m pretty stoked I got to try this one and now I feel the need to own one so I can lay it down for ages. This will end up as a truly amazing beer in 10 or 20 years. Thanks for the crack at this one Adam (1,264 characters)

4.37/5  rDev -1.8%

I first tried this beer at DLD 2010, but was in no condition to remember enough for a review. I do remember it being very strong at the time... This week, I was lucky to try a pour of 2009 BT with a fresh palate, courtesy of Spycow (thanks Chris!). It was the first drink before a fairly large tasting, possibly not the best first choice what with the ABV, but one I pounced on.

This bottle was actually opened the previous night but was recorked in such a way that there was very good carbonation remaining. A nice audible when we pulled the wine stopper out. It poured dark black with a thin tan head (almost certainly diminished head versus drinking it the night before).

The aroma was much much better than my DLD recollection. Big bourbon notes and all sorts of delicious scents, vanilla and chocolate, rich roasted malts, some dark fruits, and very little alcohol (for a beer with >18% ABV).

Everything comes through in the flavor, this beer is definitely as good as people say. It comes across as sweet but not cloying, and the bourbon is tasteful without being overbearing. You can tell it's got a decent kick if only from the slight burn, but really you don't taste the alcohol. All of the other flavors mask it very well.

Low carbonation, probably due to the way I had it, but it worked well and I thought it was a nice creamy match for the flavors. The only real negative is the packaging, this type of beer should be sold in smaller bottles. I would never want to open it without a small crowd. Excellent. (1,524 characters)

4.8/5  rDev +7.9%

Shared by gford217 - much obliged!

Pours black with dark brown highlights as the beer clings to the side of the glass and a thin brown head that quickly recedes into a smooth and oily top. A nice swirl leaves brown legs on the sides of the glass.

Smells of roasted malts with hints of tobacco, vanilla, bourbon, and dark chocolate, more or less in that order.

Tastes similar to how it smells. Mild roasted malt flavors up front are overtaken quickly by vanilla, bourbon, and dark chocolate. Midway through the sip hints of tobacco enter into things but stay in the backseat. The ending is mildly boozy and bitter. The alcohol is absurdly well hidden.

Mouthfeel is very good. It's got a very smooth thickness with soft and grainy carbonation.

Drinkability is great. I finished my glass with absolutely no problem and could have entirely too much more.

Overall I have to say that it lived up to the hype. I think the best thing about this beer is how well integrated all of the flavors are while managing to not taste overly hot. Not the best beer I've ever had but it certainly has to be part of the conversation. (1,118 characters)

4.35/5  rDev -2.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

thanks to mtomlins for this - 2013 edition

Appearance - Dark brown colour with a small size frothy head. There is a low amount of carbonation showing and there is some faint lacing. The head lasted for around 3-4 minutes before it was gone.

Smell - Malts, chocolate, grains, coffee, wood, booze

Taste & Mouth - There is a below average amount of carbonation and I can taste malts, chocolate, and faint coffee. There is also quite a bit of booze and some vanilla and wood.

Overall - One of the booziest beers I have ever had.. but this is not a bad thing. I was expecting this to be cloyingly sweet, but instead it still manages to remain quite drinkable especially given the ABV - not that sweet at all either. Definitely a good bottle to share and worth seeking out. (771 characters)

4.41/5  rDev -0.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

Split with JLindros poured into a Kate the Great tulip.

A - Poured a very nice dark black hue with a quarter inch tan head that left light lacing, solid.

S - Aromas of chocolate, bourbon, sweet malts heaven, so so good.

T - Taste is chocolatey, bourbon, super hot bourbon, vanilla, barrel, sweet malts, support delicious.

M - Mouthfeel is rather hot but the carbonation is spot on, very drinkable, got but not oppressive.

O - Overall I loved this beer, really awesome but super hot still. Love it but very hot. (515 characters)

4.49/5  rDev +0.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Bottle courtesy of mran01. 2010 bottled, sampled 4/20, split a few ways amongst friends.

Pours a very viscous dark brown color with a surpirsingly sturdy small tan head that receded very slowly leaving quality lacing on the glass.

Aromas begin with super high cacoa dark chocolate, and bourbon induced vanilla and oak. Then you get some solid dark fruits and hints of brown sugar sweetness which emerge more and more as it warms.

The tastes follow the nose with huge rich dark chocolate, lesser baker's milk chocolate, huge vanilla and lesser bourbon/oak tannic flavors. Tons of chocolate, dark fruits and brown sugar and caramelized malts emerge more and more as it warms.

The mouthfeel is quite full bodied with moderate carbonation. For begin so huge of the beer the 3 years of age have allowed the sweetness to mellow and the Belgian yeast to dry out the finish slightly. Make no mistake this is still a sweet beer but no where near as sweet as a fresh bottle would be.

Overall, this is truely a tribute to American brewing. Taking a Port-leveled ABV beer with such a sweet, dark malt base and creating a drinkable offering using Belgian yeast is truely amazing. A must try for any true beer geek. (1,208 characters)

4.04/5  rDev -9.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

A - I am actually quite impressed for the ABV that this holds some carbonation, even though short lived resulting in just a mild lace ring I got a 1/8 inch of mocha head. Again I am surprised its not pitch black as it has some ruby hues to that base of the darkness.
S - Smell is very inviting of black currant, some port wine, and a heavy dose of bourbon. I can pick up mild notes of cocoa and dark fruits but it's faint.
T - WARNING the 2012 batch is boozy as hell. Even when warmed the bourbon notes smack you in the face then sweeten the tongue with one of the most heavy doses of caramel I ever tasted. When I get past the booze (very hard to do) It has an almost marshmallow like candy sweetness (and I love sweet beers) with what can only be described by me is a lashing of sugar plums and licorice. Very little chocolate (I could see why they made a version with cocoa nibs) or roast. As others described it's like a wine and I guess I was born to hate it since I can't stand wine.
M - Heavy if you swish this in your mouth prepare to gag a little bit as the bourbon is one of the most strongest I have ever encountered. As it warms to a near room temperature (55-60 degree's) it's almost unbearable of the level of bourbon.

Overall I shared this with my brother and even though he is not a craft beer drinker he helped me with 8oz of this. As I type I still have 2oz (of my 16) and it's so hard to choke down. I guess it's true that some people rate things higher when they pay the "rare" cost. (1,506 characters)

4.69/5  rDev +5.4%

I drank this from a 22oz bottle into my Rochefort chalice for New Years Eve.

The beer is very black, only showing the tiniest bit of brown in the light. The head is dark tan, rises about one finger. It looks full and creamy but it is sadly gone in about a minute only leaving a ring of head around the glass. The lacing is poor as is the carbonation.

The aroma is very malty, sweet and enticing. It smells wonderful and begs you to come back again and again. Vanilla dominates the nose, with notes of candy, and raspberries. This sweetness is balanced out by a touch of oak, bourbon and alcohol at the end.

The tase is very matly as well, extremely sweet to start. There is a ton of vanilla and light chocolate on the front, in the middle you get oak and it finishes with a medium alcohol, specifically bourbon taste.

The feel is little lighter than I'd hope for, not watery but not great. The finish is nice as tickles your throat and warms it up on the way down, totally from alcohol.

The drinkablility is nice, you taste the tiniest bit of alcohol but that's to be expected with a 19.5% abv.

Overall, this beer is very good and definitely lives up to all the hype. The 2009 is drinking great right now, aging does wonders. (1,236 characters)

4.67/5  rDev +4.9%

The much hyped Black Tuesday shared generously by Shane. I also managed to score a bottle thanks to Weibull, thanks, Jason! While it took a while to finish this, it was anything but a chore.

Looking at this beer, I ask myself: How much blacker can a beer get? The answer, my friends, is None more black. A dense dark brown head is present, hanging around leaving some foam as it settles into a ring. Incredibly dark, this beer has gorgeous legs, the only way I was able to tell that the the alcohol might be up there.

What an exceptional nose! Rich and layerd with rich chocolate cake, vanilla and bourbon. Devoid of alcohol, this is really quite outrageous. Reminiscent of OADL. Even the chocolate character is outrageously rich - I get layers of milk and dark chocolate as well as some cocoa powder. The vanilla is exceptionally incorporated and the bourbon is outstanding. Very faint rummy character, with some dark fruit - raisins soaked in bourbon and rum. Malted milk balls are present too. I have to mention that this is sweet, but also balanced, much along the lines of Dark Horizon 1st Ed. World Wide Stout/Darkness, this is not.

The palate opens with a ton of sweetness, mildly sugary with a rich and delicious molasses character. A touch sweet for my taste, this is still very very good. A lot of the chocolate complexity appears early on, with dark and milk chocolate character. Nougat like with toffee, bourbon and vanilla appear mid palate. Oak is reserved and while present, it's whelmed by the sweetness. Big in body with soft and smooth carbonation, the finish is LONG lasting with plenty of flavor, vanilla, bourbon and chocolate. Every now and then, I get a touch of a meaty character too. The alcohol is exceptionally well hidden.

Evaluating the drinkability of a beer like this is difficult. While not quaffable, I have to admit that I drank 6oz of my 8oz pour in about 20 minutes and had to really hold myself back in the better interests of my sobriety. This really is a feat of brewing, thanks for sharing this with us, Shane.

**Edit 26 March 2011**

I shared a bottle of the 2010 batch at our Philly tasting.

The nose is a lot simpler - soy sauce and bourbon, brown sugar, booze, caramel. The palate opens with plenty of sugar, caramel, booze, brown sugar, vanilla, and all things sweet. Prunes, dates, raisins, rummy and bourbon are present. Intense. Sweet and moderately boozy on the finish, there's some port. Not as chocolate-like as the 09, there's a stunning lack of all things stout - no roast, no coffee, no chocolate. More of an American Strong Ale imo. 4.5/4/4.5/4/4

**Edit 23 Dec 2011**
Devin shared a bottle last night. Holy fucking fuck, is this beer a hot and boozy mess or what? It tastes like they dumped fucking Everclear in this, it's sinus-clearing boozy with plenty of chocolate and vanilla. Just too fucking intense, this vintage is nothing like the 2009. S/T/M=3.5/2.5/3

**Edit 26 Dec 2012**
Drinking a bottle of the 2011 release with my dad.

Hot, boozy, moderately messy, but a lot more enjoyable. Sweet caramel, vanilla and booze with some chocolate and dark fruit. The palate is similarly big and boozy, with plenty of vanilla and alcohol. Very sugary, this has some chocolate, but is mostly devoid of roast, chocolate and coffee. Enjoyable in small quantities.
3.5/3.5/3.5 (3,333 characters)

4.8/5  rDev +7.9%

bottle poured into tasting glass. 2010 vintage.

Pours a completely inky, opaque blackness with a decent layer of toffee brown head resting on top. The retention slowly sifts away leaving a collar of tanned lacing and head on the glass.

Strong scents of smooth oaky bourbon with vanilla bean edges. Cocoa, brownies and chocolate syrup erupt from the nose, drenched in absolutely wonderful boozy warmth.

Heavily roasted malts with caramel and chocolately notes. The bal aging kicks in nearly immediately, with strong yet pleasant touches of bourbon and vanilla tannins. Chocolate cake, brownies, and cocoa all combine into the richness, which nearly overwhelms the palate. More boozy warmth and syrupy sweetness towards the finish.

The fullest of full bodies, lower carbonation, syrupy and sticky from top to bottom. This beer is ridiculously drinkable for the ABV, and the flavors are as absolutely mindblowing as the internet hype makes them seem to be. Don't be fooled, this is a one-of-a-kind beer. (1,008 characters)

4.12/5  rDev -7.4%

750 ml bottle split and poured into a Bruery tulip. 18.2% ABV, no date (2010 edition).

He'll never see this, but I must send a big thanks to my fiancée's uncle for picking up a few bottles for myself and friends and sending them back this way!

A - Pitch black in appearance but clear on the pour, this one comes out like motor oil. It produces a short-lived tan head with almost no lace. Sticky legs cling to the glass.

S - Strong alcohol aroma followed by wood and heavily roasted chocolate malts. Notes of coffee with fig, raisins, and slight pine hops on the swirl. Then again that could just be the pine-sol cleaning agent coming from the hot booze. It doesn't smell as thick and sweet as I remember it.

T - Sweet molasses and rich bittersweet chocolate with subtle coffee notes and barrel aroma. The bourbon doesn't come through as much as straight solvent alcohol like in the aroma.

M - Thick and syrupy-rich with a full body, this is the thickest beer I've ever had for sure. Hot alcohol is surprisingly mellow in it's perceived feel. Not too overbearing.

D - Definitely boozy overall and unbalanced toward sweetness but very good and different regardless. This begs to a) be sipped and b) be shared. I wouldn't open a bottle of this without at LEAST two other guys to share it with. (1,297 characters)

4.07/5  rDev -8.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 3.75

A-Pours far from what I was expecting. Instead of a pitch black, viscous beer, it pours lighter than I expected. The body looks almost oily. Dark brown and somewhat thin looking but somehow very oily looking as well. Didn't get much head.

S-A giant whiff of boozy bourbon and all sorts of dark, concentrated maltiness. Loads of fudge and brownie. Some dark fruit and more spicy bourbon and even some vanilla.

T-I really have to applaud this beer for its exceptional integration of alcohol. I was expecting a tongue-sizzling wave of booze but it's surprisingly not nearly as aggressive. The bourbon notes are as powerful as in the nose. The fudge and brownie and other chocolate descriptors all flow across the tongue. Light soy sauce. Vanilla attributed to the bourbon. A big dose of dark fruit as well.

M-Oily, like it looks. Obviously hot. Should be far less drinkable. It's intoxicating in more ways than one. It really wraps you in and begs for more sipping. Super sweet and sticky.

O/D-Lucky to try this one. I enjoyed it but was far less enamored than most. I appreciate Black Tuesday's epic delivery but would not consider it to be anyway near one of the best beers I have had. (1,188 characters)

4.22/5  rDev -5.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

Big thanks to Tommy for nailing this long time want of mine - it has eluded me for too long! Black Tuesday pours, well... black. Deep black with dark, dark brown only rounding out the corners. No head, no foamy collar, nothing in terms of life except for a few bleak bubbles that rise to the surface and immediately pop; its got legs like a supermodel when you swirl the glass, though.

What a massive aroma; as soon as your nose heads towards the glass, Black Tuesday's aroma reaches out and runs a train on your nostrils. Warm bourbon, smooth caramel, cocoa dust, chocolate malts, mild vanilla, thick brown sugar, molasses, and some heavy back-end black licorice and anise. Pretty sweet and boozy, and at 19.2% ABV, I don't think that's a surprise to anyone.

The taste is every bit as huge as the aroma, and every bit of that 19.2% ABV is felt, as well as matched with enormous malty sweetness. Sugary and sweet up front, rivers of warm caramel, bourbon soaked oak chips, roasty chocolate malts, minimal roast, and sticky molasses. It's just such a gigantic beer; every single sip lingers on your palate long after it has been swallowed. Black Tuesday, straight annihilating your taste buds.

Everything you thought you knew about hot, sweet beer just got wrecked thanks to this malt dragon. The finish is full of more cocoa, caramel, bourbon, oak, as well as some vanilla and licorice sweetness. Warmth, of course, brings out more sweetness, more robustness, and more booze. The mouth feel is monstrous as well; sticky and thick, chewy, oily, large and in charge.

Black Tuesday is a beast of a beer - a true night cap and a sipper if there ever was one. It'll take even the manliest of men a while to pounce through their pours of this one. That said, it's quite tasty and really an enjoyable experience, but you better leave the Motrin on the night stand if you plan on tackling this one alone. Huge, sweet, and boozy; unabashedly so. Thanks again, Tommy. (1,961 characters)

4.51/5  rDev +1.3%

Huge thanks to Thirstybird for sharing and stevemcqueenjr for carrying it cross-country. Pours an inky black with no light penetration. A quarter inch mocha-colored head quickly dissipates into a swirl of foam and a tight band that coalesced around the perimeter of the glass. Incredible nose - sweet, vanilla, bourbon, malty, brown sugar and a little booze. Taste follows nose - this is an incredibly sweet and decadent beer I have to say. Mouthfeel is medium-bodied; not overly carbonated, but just a tad too much, such that it cuts the viscosity. This is definitely a beer to sip and savor; however, the abv is well-hidden, all things considering. A truly incredible experience - believe the hype. (700 characters)

3.61/5  rDev -18.9%

A big thanks to GregMcQ for sharing a bottle with me and many other BA friends.

A: Pours an opaque black color. A very minimal and bubbly tan head forms. The foam recedes in an second, and leaves no lace. Just an extremely dense liquid.
S: An awesome aroma of toasted, chocolate malt. Brown sugar. Dry wood, oak, and vanilla. Very sweet aromas. Some raisin and dark fruits. Lots of alcohol from the start.
T: Not nearly as complex as the nose. Still, it is very enjoyable. Alcohol hits right up front. Though raisin and other dark fruits come in to play. Powdered chocolate and vanilla. Alcohol is very powerful.
M/D: A full and sticky body. Very low carbonation. Almost under carbonated. A syrupy adhesive sticks to the tongue. Tons of alcohol. Something that needs to be sipped.

I did really enjoy this beer. Though it is hard to rate, and hard to categorize. Similar to Utopias in how extreme the beer is. Overall this is very good, and something that is great to share with friends. Very much worth a try, but it is still not among my favorites of the style. (1,064 characters)

4.5/5  rDev +1.1%

Pours much, much thinner than I expected. Looks like cola, but slightly more concentrated, with a thin khaki head. The aroma is chock full of raisins, maple syrup, dark chocolate, coffee, a mild roasty note, vanilla, bourbon, and some toffee. On the palate, the beer feels thin and finishes hot, which is to be expected of an 18-19% ABV beer such as this. However the flavors are rich and intense, with the same notes as evident on the nose. (441 characters)

Black Tuesday from The Bruery