Black Tuesday - The Bruery

2013: 18.9% ABV
2014: 19.7% ABV
Reviews: 609 | Hads: 3,279
4.82/5  rDev +8.3%

I was extremely fortunate to have been given this bottle as a gift from Thor, the beer manager at Brasserie Beck at dinner last night. A really nice review will be coming after this Black Tuesday review for Brasserie Beck as I've had many good experiences there and is worth a try if in DC.

This beer is my 100th review, as I tried to plan it out that way since this is a beer that I've really really wanted to try since I got a taste (well maybe 4-5 tastes) of it at GABF 2010. It's really a great beer, though age will help the heat on this one.

A: Pours like motor oil super dark brown to black with a khaki head and some lacing. Was expecting complete darkness but it still looks great.

S: Awesomely complex, wow! Bourbon, definite sweet/heat of alcohol, lots of chocolate, vanilla, oak, sugary malt, leather, and more. AWESOME! I could not get my nose out of the glass. Such a present and huge aroma.

T: Taste does not disappoint. The smell and more! The other flavors I got besides the vanilla, bourbon, oak, malt etc. from the smell is an added salty teriyaki (that I get in Dark Lord as well) with other additions of candied dark fruits, chocolate milk, hot chocolate cake, a healthy does of molasses, coffee and some kinds of spicy hot sauce-ish notes (I like that a lot!). I love how ever next sip you get something different, almost like if you think of a different flavor to concentrate on you'll get that next time you sip. What an awesome flavor. Lives up to the hype for me.

M: Really viscous and coating, just what you'd want, although the alcohol heat prevents me from giving this a five. It needs some time to cool down and this will be perfect because I just love the carbonation level and the thickness of it now!

D: What a tasty brew. With time this will probably be a five for me also, if only I can get someone to trade me one of these! I've tried trading lots of stuff for this on here already and honestly I'm glad I never went all out to get one, as it is great great beer but not one to give all you have for. I'm so fortunate that I could get hooked up with this last night, it's a great brew! I may be planning to go to the release next year if I can! (2,188 characters)

4.7/5  rDev +5.6%

From 12/12/10 notes. Got to try this at a local tasting thanks to drabmuh. Big thanks Matt, this was my biggest want!

a - Pours a jet black color with two to three inches of fluffy tan head that stays throughout drinking and light carbonation evident. Leaves a tiny bit of lacing on the glass, looks perfect.

s - Smells of bourbon, oak, chocolate, roasted malts, dark fruit, and vanilla. Also a little sweet brown sugar or molasses. Very enjoyable; it's complex and balanced.

t - Tastes of bourbon, oak, chocolate, roasted malts, vanilla, and molasses. Also a little bit of raisin or dark fruit. Taste is a bit hot but still great to me, as I love bourbon.

m - Medium to full body and low carbonation. The body is really smooth and creamy and the ABV is very well hidden. It I didn't know this was 18-19% ABV, I would have guessed it was 9%. Love the mouthfeel.

d - Overall I thought this was an amazing beer; one of the best barrel aged stouts I've ever had. While this beer is super hyped and I have been disappointed with some of their hyped beers in the past, this one lived up to the hype. I think it looks and smells great, and has a wonderful mouthfeel, but is a tiny bit hot. I think in 6-12 months this could be even better, if the heat dies down a tiny bit. Either way, if you like bourbon barrel aged stouts you'll still love this one now. Would love to get another bottle of this. (1,397 characters)

4.87/5  rDev +9.4%

Captured in a recent trade, big thank you here.

A-Death black as it poured out with a very heavy body to it, very thick looking. I gave it a good hard pour to see if a head would develop at all, minimal head did develop and it disappeared quickly leaveing a ring around the edge of the glass.

S-Very different than any other BB aged stout i have had before, the bourbon was very mild with a heavy chocolate cake sweetness. Overall i am very impressed how this does not smell like alcohol at all at 18.2%

T-Should be a 6 for just how much flavor this has!! I have NEVER had a beer stick to my tongue and mouth like this did, i could taste it for what seemed like 15 minutes in my mouth (this grossed out the wife when she tried) after a small sip. The best part here is it still was very balanced with a TON of different flavors destroying my tastebuds.

M-THICK and RICH, coates your mouth like no other beer can or could!!!

D-For 18.2% i would say pretty damn good.

Overall this beer has always had a ton of hype and i can tell you that it has exceeded all of my expectations, this probably was one of the most epic beer moments for me. I can say one thing for sure and that is "I will be at the next release of this beer". (1,230 characters)

4.2/5  rDev -5.6%

Shared a bottle with some fellow BAs.

Pitch black pour with a dark tan head poured into a chalice. Sticks all over the glass I swirl it around. Deep roasty, fudgy, chocolate, and sherry aroma. Some molasses and burnt sugar there as well. Flavor follows the nose. Dark cocoa bar with a sweet bourbony/brown sugar backbone. Roast takes a back seat to the sweet stout flavors. Great thick body, sticks around long after the beer is gone. Unbeleivably drinkable - the 19.5% ABV is incredibly well hidden (compared to other high ABV stouts / strong ales that I have had). Totally lived up to the hype, very happy I got to try this. (627 characters)

3.82/5  rDev -14.2%

2010 vintage. Kindly trucked up by Official Bruery Mule, womencantsail. Thanks Andrew.

A: Pours a pitch, opaque black. One finger of dark mocha head. It retains poorly, but it does leave curtains during sips.

S: Sherry jumps out at me immediately. This is well oxidized, but in a good way. Molasses, brown sugar. Bourbon, chocolate, vanilla, oak are milder. There is noticeable booze in the nose.

T: A strong, almost treacly sherry flavor to it; it reminds me of the strong raisin character of DFH World Wide Stout. But this is much less harsh. Other sweet flavors of molasses, brown sugar, caramel, and dark fruits jump out at me. Plenty of chocolate and vanilla. The finish is more bourbon than oak, and it lingers deliciously into the aftertaste. Not particularly complex as far as barrel-aged imperial stouts go, but it's thick, heavy, dessert-like, and appreciable by laymen. Definitely good virtues to have.

M: It is closer to medium-bodied this year vs. last year; it seems to be drier on the whole. That seems to make it feel a lot hotter than the '09, too. But it's restrained for something that's estimated to be almost 20%.

D: My second time having this. I like it enough, but I'm not a big fan. It's overall too sweet and too 'big', and my palate is too overwhelmed to pick out the nuances. Still, $30 is a decent price point for one or two bottles, because the beer goes over very well with my family. It makes the centerpiece of a nice tasting; beer nerd and layman alike enjoy it. The primary value of this beer (to me) is not in drinking it alone or even trading it, but in using it to convert beer neophytes. The Bruery fills that niche very well. (1,674 characters)

4.49/5  rDev +0.9%

Pours a very dark brown, looks black in the glass and is completley opaque and very thick, although on the pour it was not black. Generates an inch or so of beige head, although it's not super thick and keeps only a thin lace without much stick.

Smell is incredibly rich, with dark, fudgy chocolate, roasted malt, black currant and other dark fruits, and lots of enticing bourbon character. It's got lots of vanilla and has a leathery quality to it as well. I do get some booze but I'm neither surprised nor bothered by that given the strength of this beer. So bold and rich, with layers of complexity; really fantastic.

Taste is pretty much every bit as complex and enjoyable but in this case the alcohol heat is just slightly bothersome. Leaves a bit of a burn in the back of the throat, but this still tastes exceptional. It's rich and chocolaty, dark chocolate and fudge, with cocoa and some coffee, roasted malt and molasses. The bourbon is nice and gives some vanilla and oaky flavor. As mentioned previously it's pretty boozy and there is some heat left in the finish. Really tasty stuff.

Mouthfeel is a very creamy full body, super rich and dense, pretty smooth as well except for the burn in the finish. Soft carbonation allows you to swirl it in the mouth and take it all in.

I had this once last year and was lucky enough to score a bottle again this year, and it really is an exceptional beer. Definitely one that lives up to the hype. A great beer to enjoy slowly and with company on a cool evening. (1,516 characters)

4.9/5  rDev +10.1%

pnk RED thanks for the taste!!!!

appearance 5.0- This beer looks like whats a stout should look like. very dark rich colors with a microscopic tan colored head. almost looks like liquid luxury chocolate if u could imagine!

smell 5.0- exceptional smell from the glass. has a very unique smell that could not be match be any other beer in the world. strong smells of a special type of chocolate and almost a light smell of a chocolate cherry liqour with the barrel smell infused into it. so much more smells i cannot really explain just pure heaven.

taste 5.0- the taste and the abv of 18% can be instantly taste in the mouth. it flows ever so freely with almost of a burst of a million flavors in your mouth. after taking a gulp u can feel sensations still tingling through out your mouth. just overall great.

mouthfeel 5.0- like i kinda touched on in the last catagory very orgasmic in your mouth the feel is just unreal in how it feels in your mouth. cant put it in words for such a great tasting beverage

drinkability 4.5- i would only like to say that i didnt give it a 5.0 because of how strong the the abv is for a beer. so i dont want people to think this is a negitive 4.5..its just my thoughts...whould def have to agree with my best man that this is by far the best stout i have ever have and i would take alot for one to beat it (1,343 characters)

4.9/5  rDev +10.1%

Luckily I have family close enough to the Bruery to where they are willing enough to ship this to me! Thanks!

It pours a deep seducing black, with a carmel head that dissipates gracefully. Once you pop the wax cap off, the enormous aromas fill the room, at times too strong for the weak of nose. Bringing your face closer to the glass, your nostrils are filled with the thick aromas of chocolate, coffee, caramel and vanilla. The bourbon barrel aging makes it's appearance here, but it's not until the first sip that you can tell how long it has been sitting there. The Bourbon is strong, but smooth. At 18.2% the alcohol is definitely present, but it glides across your palate effortlessly. The sweetness is incomparable. Like a rich brownie, I find myself struggling to lift it to my lips, but the notion of how good it tastes keeps me trucking through. I'm mortified to see how this will age. My favorite stout by far! (922 characters)

4.7/5  rDev +5.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

2010 Release

A: Dark, black syrup with thin skin of mocha on the surface. Great legs when swirled. Appears very thick.

A: Cocoa, bourbon, dark fruits, dark brown sugar, slight molasses. Very inviting.

T: Yep, as it smelled. Vanilla, chocolate, roasted malt, bourbon and dark fruits. Alcohol surprisingly not really noticeable. Damn... this is good.

M: One of the richest beers I've experienced. Heavy viscosity that coats the tongue. Light carbonation leads to smooth feel. Amazingly not boozy given high ABV.

D: Thick, delicious and smooth, however a couple of half pours is about all one needs to completely enjoy this amazing beverage. This is definitely one to be shared with friends. (694 characters)

4.37/5  rDev -1.8%

Thanks to Stephen Johnson for sharing this at the New Brew Thursday 1 year anniversary.

It poured a dark black with a tan head. The smell was surprising, not as hot as I thought it would be, sweet chocolate, bourbon, vanilla. The flavor pretty much followed suit, very sweet chocolate, some bourbon and vanilla, surprisingly little alcohol flavor for the abv. Mouthfeel was surprisingly light for such a big beer, I'd say it's a smooth, lightly carbonated, medium body.

I'd say this is more of a dessert beer. It drinks very nice but don't think you can finish a bottle by yourself. (584 characters)

Dark, dark brown, almost black. The smell is pure sweetness. The taste is syrupy sweet and complex. Surprisingly little alcohol taste for a beer of this ABV but after drinking I definitely get the warm mouthfeel that lets me know there was a lot of alcohol in there. The most amazing thing about this beer though is the way it coats the tongue. This is like beer concentrate, it coats the tongue like an oily syrup. This beer is a truly amazing experience. For a beer of this ABV it is amazingly drinkable. The sweetness is a bit much, I don't know that I could drink a pint of it but it would be wonderful served in a snifter or tulip glass as an after dinner drink. (667 characters)

4.4/5  rDev -1.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4

On tap at The Bruery 10-26-2010

A - Clear deep dark brown with a small thinly formed head, basically a ring around the glass. Little lacing.

S- Lots of bitter chocolate, vanilla, maple syrup-like notes. Bourbon and pleasant boozy alcohol.

F/M - Again, bitter chocolate, roast, vanilla, bourbon. Very nice alcohol warmth and slight alcoholic bitterness helps this beer finish very smoothly. Sweet, rich, full bodied, oily and slick. Moderately low carbonation. Lingering chocolate flavor.

D- This is such a delicious beer. Smooth and rich. Full bodied and quite filling, yet I want to drink more. (600 characters)

4.95/5  rDev +11.2%

A - Beautiful! Dark, inviting, asking you to drink it. Nice head, fantastic look!
S - Tasty. Like walking into your favorite pizza shop, and falling in love again and again (however 2010 seems a bit stronger). Not overpowering to not want to try.
T - Delcious. Very well hidden, but at the same timestrong alcohol flavor.
M -Thick. Wants to linger. While sipping, you want it to last. Definitely not hot.
D - Huge. Couldn't even imagine drinking an entire bottle, but a glass with a few friends and some light cheese, it's very easy. (534 characters)

4.57/5  rDev +2.7%

Ahh Black Tuesday, we finally meet. And under such wonderful circumstances! I have heard about your lusciousness, dare I say delectableness countless times on the forum and from word of mouth. While I understand you have "gotten around" since last year, this is of no matter to me. Alas, it was finally my time to try you...

Appearance - Poured by an absolutely stand up cheery fellow dressed in 1920's garb behind the counter at the BT release party, into my brand new Bruery Tulip. The color is an utter midnight black, with no light even daring to try and penetrate through such an opaque mass. Just a hint of dark mocha colored head is given in this overly generous pour. Despite not much head, the glass was thoroughly coated with thin lacing once I was done with it.

Smell - I stood there next to fellow BA's, and was entranced by the aroma. Unbelievable sweetness in the nose with cocoa, roasted malt, bourbon, slight vanilla, and some dark fruits. I swirled the beer in my glass numerous times in order to take in my first BT experience.

Taste - As I raise my quivering glass up to my mouth to take my first sip, everything suddenly slows down. My eyes dart around the room, looking at the other BA's to see if they too were experiencing this phenomenon; it appears they were not. I feel like I am immersed in a world that is still. To my left a BA is frozen in time, about to open a Black Ops 08. To my right there is an individual looking at the list of beers he is wanting to try. And straight ahead is a girl that appears to be the person in Irishgurl4's avitar but we all know that said account is fake and is in reality a 50 year old male. Befuddled, I continue with my first sip, savoring this great tick...err beer. And then "poof", the room around me once again comes back to life, as if someone flipped a switch. The initial taste yields a nice bourbon flavor, though nothing that would make you wince. The alcohol is masked surprisingly well, behind flavors quiet similar to the nose. Bourbon, vanilla, cocoa, and some plum. Quite sweet, but not cloying. A beer that honestly lives up to at least "some" of the hype. Very very delicious.

Mouthfeel - All I can say is that I had this BT, then after did a bottle share with a Short's 2009 Anniversary Wheat Wine which by itself has a relatively heavy feel. It felt like water after having the BT. Great viscosity, low carbonation (duh), and a definite dry finish.

Drinkability - The few ounces I had dissipated relatively fast given the alcohol content. I did not taste alcohol in the beer, though I did feel its warming effects. A very enjoyable beer and I am glad I was able to make my way with it. I will look for you again soon, my Black Tuesday gal. (2,726 characters)

4.17/5  rDev -6.3%

A - 2009 vintage. It pours pitch black with a small medium tan head that quickly recedes, leaving no lacing.

S - The bourbon presence is strong. It also has a lot of sweetness. There is also light vanilla and woody notes.

M - Full in body. Pretty thick with very light carbonation.

T - It's very sweet up front with chocolate, and molasses. It finishes with strong bourbon notes, light vanilla, and oak. There is a strong alcohol presence, which is to be expected.

This is a huge beer, I'm glad I got a chance to try it. If you like bourbon this beer is for you. Even though I enjoyed it, I don't think I would seek this beer out again. It's not bad, just way to strong. Took forever to finish it. (703 characters)

4.3/5  rDev -3.4%

Sampled at GABF on 9/18/2010. This Imperial Stout pours a deep black color from the tap. Medium sized tan foamy head. The aroma is chocolate, coffee, roasted malt, vanilla and woody with some alcohol. A full bodied Imperial Stout. A VERY BIG Imperial Stout. The malts are chocolate, coffee, roasted malts, some bourbon and some cherry. The hops are herbal. This beer has a big alcohol presence, I mean a whole lot of alcohol, the first sip and smell are dominated by the alcohol, after that the other flavors start coming through. There is a nice mix of malts, sweetness, vanilla and wood going on here, once you get past the big alcohol blast. This beer has an awesome potential for aging. It is very good now, but a couple or five years of bottle aging would make this beer even more amazing. Mouthfeel is full and round. Finish is clean and smooth. Aftertaste is slightly sweet. (881 characters)

4.97/5  rDev +11.7%

Black Tuesday, I take back all the bad things I said about you. You pour the deepest black with a charcoal head that crowns you for ages, clinging to the sides of my tulip, coating my glass in alcohol as I tilt it. You smell of chocolate covered cherries, sherry, sizzling burnt brown sugar, the aroma touching my nostrils like a solid. You taste of Zeus's nectar, candied cherries, port wine filled Belgian chocolate, tingling umami and a finish of the finest sherry. Your alcohol touches me, causing exaltation, erotic in sensation yet questioning in just how smooth you are. You animal. You chewy, oily, full bodied beast. You coat my palate and touch my throat nearly erotically in your thickness. You satisfy me. You touch my lips, my tongue, my throat, and my soul; your drinkability is spiritual. Your flavor is robust and gorgeous, you defy expectations for the umpteenth time. I love you. (897 characters)

2.75/5  rDev -38.2%

[Bottle] shared by tytoanderso. Pours a not very viscous looking black with a quickly dissipating tan head. Aroma is very sweet, and I actually get some cabernet sauvignon, touch of smokiness, oddly a touch of tartness, strong alcohol, chocolate, light soy sauce, and, of course, alcohol. Ungodly sweet, but the alcohol manages to dilute it a little bit, kind of tastes like syrup without the thick gooey texture, amazing alcohol presence, roasted malt, not too much else. Really lacks the complexity that something like the Hunapu's has and the subtlety that the Narke has. (574 characters)

4.47/5  rDev +0.4%

Grotesque thanks to bankhead for trading me a bottle of the first batch of Black Tuesday when it first arrived, mewling & blind, into the world, commanding unworldly trade ransoms. 'head dealt this for a reasonable amount, for which I am greatly thankful. Popped open with the wife...was saving this for a Twins World Series win, but that'll have to wait now. And I'm thirsty.

Pours black as rain. Smell is intense. The beer is galoshing about in bourbon, with the thickness of molasses, chocolate, malts deeper than the Bridge of Khazad-dum. Impressive. One of the better smelling beers I can recall.

Black Tuesday came into the world with hype & I stand ready to fight back with the electronic word, but hey, it's not bad. There's a blender worth of identifying characteristics: bourbon, roasted bourbon, heaping spoonfuls of black sugar cane, weathered oak, lash of alcohol, with smatterings of applause, chocolate, real maple syrup, unidentified dark fruits, vanilla. Wow. I could sip & sip & keep finding more things but screw that, I'm done, just going to enjoy it from here on out.

Rolls out of the Cigar City snifter as thick as the high ABV promises. The low carbonation seems appropriate for this dark creature, & each sip feels like a velvet finger easing into my throat. Smoooth. Reminds me of sipping a high-end glass of alcohol without the accompanying burn. Although there's a little of that. The alcohol is present & shouting from the rooftops.

Well, damn. This is an excellent, excellent brew that I'm going to be sipping for a good hour or more. Memorable, & worth the effort of seeking out. (1,617 characters)

4.61/5  rDev +3.6%

I can still hear and feel the collective gasp in the room when my new friend Darrell popped the cap on this one - one of the most sought after brews in the world. Thanks dude for making everyone's year!

A: Blacker than the blackest color of black that you can imagine. Imagine that? However, this one retains a gentle tan head (with brown notes) throughout the session.

S: Hello bourbon bomb! This also has a generous layer of dark candy sweetness.

T: Very unique taste with a strong burnt, caramel-pecan brittle body, surrounded by high grade dark chocolate dipped in oak and molasses. This is honestly better than any dessert I have ever tasted.

M: The bourbon doesn't act as a booze agent to enhance people's happiness (although it does that too), but as an integral and necessary ingredient in the whole concoction. It plays roughly the same role that honey plays in a dessert like baklava. I can't believe how smooth this is for the a brew clocking in at almost 20% ABV!

D: I wonder if I will ever get to try this again? The only way I see how is if my work schedule would allow me to take time off to fly to Cali and get some on that day. Or....I could just wait for my friend to score another bottle. I'm still in awe of this amazing brew and of the fact that I got a very generous sample of it! (1,307 characters)

4.88/5  rDev +9.7%

A huge thank you to Darrell for sharing this rare delicacy last night.

A: Deep, opaque black. There is a moderately small beige that hangs out for a few minutes before sinking into the abyss and disappearing forever.

S: Bourbon! Whoa! There is nothing subtle about the aroma. It's enticing and alluring, but I must say that is predominantly bourbon.

T: Black Tuesday tastes fantastic. Plain and simple. It's incredibly rich and buttery smooth. It's like a heavy freight train loaded with rich, roasted malt loaded and bourbon barrels on a collision course with your palate. I didn't find it to be complex, per se, as the enormous bourbon flavors overtake some of the more subtle aspects.

M: Extremely viscous, rich and thick. Alcohol content disguised masterfully. This isn't to say alcohol is not detectable, but I would never have guessed that it's nearly 20% abv. Very impressive.

D: While it definitely seems like a strong beer, I am amazed that it weighs in at 19.5% abv. That's insane. I had 6-8 ounces and thoroughly enjoyed every sip. Highly recommended. (1,069 characters)

4.87/5  rDev +9.4%

Pours like glorious motor oil. Very dark, with a very thin head. Smells great, vanilla, coffee, roasted malts, chocolate, bourbon, oak, and alcohol. Starts with a very strong flavor including vanilla, coffee, and chocolate, followed up by a stronger bourbon, oak, and alcohol taste. Simply amazing. Very hard to drink fast though. It's pretty hot, but way to hard to put down. (376 characters)

4.57/5  rDev +2.7%

A: This poured an opaque black mahogany, with almost no head.
S: It smelled huge and complex like strong sweet chocolate and fig and super rich balsamic and brown sugar and alcohol, with oak and smoke and caramel.
T: It tasted incredibly bold and sickeningly sweet like caramel and rich chocolate with roasted coffee and vanilla and oak and fig/raisin, with some balsamic and brown sugar and flat Coca Cola. The aftertaste was cloyingly sweet with lots of alcohol.
M: It was syrupy thick with a bit of carbonation - almost like sludge.
D: This is one of the richest, boldest, and most complex beers I've had. On par with Utopias, but a stout instead of a barleywine. The scent and taste and body were all nearly overpowering. The alcohol was clearly present also, so it must be sipped, but it was so delicious. Just 3 ounces is more than enough for a serving, but that little bit can be savored for a long time. Fantastic brew that meets the hype. (947 characters)

4.23/5  rDev -4.9%

Several samples on tap at the GABF. Late in the night when they stopped serving this I spotted a wasted volunteer (in a sombrero) just pouring himself glass after glass of this and slamming it. I am 100% sure he had no idea what he was drinking. Priceless.

App- Black as night. Motor oil in a glass with a thick brown head. Beautiful.

SM- Bourbon, espresso, vanilla, chocolate. Very sweet.

Ta- Very similar to the smell, but with some heat. Have to say people overdo the heat aspect in their reviews. Had I not know the ABV, I would have guessed this was ~9%. The oakiness really plays nice with all the other flavors.

MF- The super subtle carbonation cuts the sweetness beautifully. You keep tasting this long after you are done.

DR- A beautiful sipper.

I don't know if any beer deserves the hype that this one has gotten, but it sure does it's best. Great beer. (870 characters)

4.45/5  rDev 0%

Got this beer at the Great Amercian Beer Fest multiple times.
Pours deep space dark black with a caramel head that disolves quickly.
Smells extremely intense and complex. Nots of caramel, dark fruits are very heavy and range from dates to bing cherrys and apricots. Chocolate and coffee round out the nose with a boozy undertone and essences of vanilla and charred wood and roasted marshmellow. Rich orange marmelade and maple even follow through.
Taste is more intense than the smell. Thick, fudge like mocha sweetness with a huge raisen and dark fruit character found more often in barleywines. Honey notes and slight vanilla hints turn up at the end with a good constantly growing alcohol warmth.
I love the complexity of this beer and it's very heavy indeed so go slow. The mouthfeel is moderately heavy but the complexity of flavors make it seem more thick. Love this beer (878 characters)

Black Tuesday from The Bruery