Already subscribe? to manage your subscription.

Black Tuesday - The Bruery

2013: 18.9% ABV
2014: 19.7% ABV
Reviews: 613 | Hads: 3,306
4.9/5  rDev +9.9%

pnk RED thanks for the taste!!!!

appearance 5.0- This beer looks like whats a stout should look like. very dark rich colors with a microscopic tan colored head. almost looks like liquid luxury chocolate if u could imagine!

smell 5.0- exceptional smell from the glass. has a very unique smell that could not be match be any other beer in the world. strong smells of a special type of chocolate and almost a light smell of a chocolate cherry liqour with the barrel smell infused into it. so much more smells i cannot really explain just pure heaven.

taste 5.0- the taste and the abv of 18% can be instantly taste in the mouth. it flows ever so freely with almost of a burst of a million flavors in your mouth. after taking a gulp u can feel sensations still tingling through out your mouth. just overall great.

mouthfeel 5.0- like i kinda touched on in the last catagory very orgasmic in your mouth the feel is just unreal in how it feels in your mouth. cant put it in words for such a great tasting beverage

drinkability 4.5- i would only like to say that i didnt give it a 5.0 because of how strong the the abv is for a beer. so i dont want people to think this is a negitive 4.5..its just my thoughts...whould def have to agree with my best man that this is by far the best stout i have ever have and i would take alot for one to beat it (1,343 characters)

4.9/5  rDev +9.9%

OK, so my first foray into rating beers officially on this site. Reviewing from last night's notes upon my opening my first bottle. Offhandedly, this was just as good as on-tap at the release. It's marginally better than the first time I had it, some months back at the Bruery, where I thought the body was a little thin.

Appearance is pitch black, light ruddy edges of brown. Thick, viscous, though not as akin to used motor oil as Dark Lord. So happy to see a small, coffee-colored head at the top. It stays the whole time. A swirl of the glass coats the interior, so that the glass itself is stained brown.

Smell is exceptional - just a bit of boozy heat, which I like. Powerful aroma, with dark fruit, rich dark chocolate, coffee, and a touch of bourbon. Not my favorite-smelling stout, but it's way up there.

Taste... well, suffice to say that this is the best tasting imperial stout I've ever had. Massive dark fruit, roasted coffee, a bit of chocolate, and some heat. But seriously, you cannot tell me that this is 20%. The taste tells me 10%. Is that cherry I taste? Where the hell did that come from? Pretty sweet too, but somehow it works. An epic after-dinner beer.

Mouthfeel is crazy good. Thick, viscous, with enough carbonation that it feels alive in your mouth.

Drinkability is the only, and I mean only spot where I can take off any points. I was actually struggling with whether to give a 5 or a 4.5 here. Because honestly, I don't think it's possible for a beer of this strength and complexity to be any more drinkable than BT is. However, this beer is almost too much... you definitely need one or two people to share it with, because this is a damn beast. Sooo... yes, I will have to give it a 4.5.

Overall: This is probably my favorite beer of all-time. It's certainly among the most complex and well-constructed beers I've ever had. Hot damn, I'm glad that I've got more of this. Don't listen to the cynics that tell you that this beer is "overly hyped" or that its scores are artificially inflated. This beer is the real deal. It would be tough to claim that there's any better imperial stout out there. (2,133 characters)

4.9/5  rDev +9.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Opened a 2012 - 19.2% Black Tuesday on 1/4/2014 shared among 3 people.

Aroma: Amazingly complex aroma. Initially it smells a bit boozy but also has a good amount of chocolate and oak with a bit of vanilla at the end.

Appearance: Motor-oil black, pours thick with just a touch of head if you pour correctly. If you pour carefully anticipating head, you won't get any. Alcohol legs on the glass.

Flavor: A bit of alcohol heat, but that is to be expected. Oaky, chocolatey, coffee, vanilla, molasses, a confusingly slight hint of something almost fruity that I couldn't quite pinpoint. If I tried it again, i'm sure I would pick up on something new that I overlooked, there's so many different things going on in this beer.

Mouthfeel: Light-Moderate carbonation with a full body. Sweet, warm, and slick.

Overall: I enjoyed this beer tremendously, the variety of complex flavors make this a unique and delicious beer. It's got about as much flavor as I would think you could possibly get from a beer with an ABV this high. I've drank 10% stouts (almost half as strong) that have tasted boozier than this beer, and that to me is an amazingly well done job. (1,157 characters)

4.9/5  rDev +9.9%

Luckily I have family close enough to the Bruery to where they are willing enough to ship this to me! Thanks!

It pours a deep seducing black, with a carmel head that dissipates gracefully. Once you pop the wax cap off, the enormous aromas fill the room, at times too strong for the weak of nose. Bringing your face closer to the glass, your nostrils are filled with the thick aromas of chocolate, coffee, caramel and vanilla. The bourbon barrel aging makes it's appearance here, but it's not until the first sip that you can tell how long it has been sitting there. The Bourbon is strong, but smooth. At 18.2% the alcohol is definitely present, but it glides across your palate effortlessly. The sweetness is incomparable. Like a rich brownie, I find myself struggling to lift it to my lips, but the notion of how good it tastes keeps me trucking through. I'm mortified to see how this will age. My favorite stout by far! (922 characters)

4.9/5  rDev +9.9%

Was lucky to share in a '12 bottle.

Poured a pitch Dar k even in a 5oz tulip & didn't allow any light through.

Bourbon jumps up & out. Followed by chocolate, slight vanilla & burnt sugar.

Some much flavor depth, but get dark chocolate, bourbon, and sugary sweetness.

Fantastic beer overall. The epitome of what a barrel aged stout should be. (349 characters)

4.9/5  rDev +9.9%

Reviewed from notes. I have been waiting to review till things simmer down. Had it a couple times are at the Bruery. Here we go...
Poured into a Bruery tulip, pours a wonderful jet black with a ring of brown foam around the outside, upon swirling a bit of foam builds up and quickly dies down. I stick my nose down into the glass with bright notes of vanilla and oak are the first things I smell, next comes this awesome roastiness and smells of chocolate, expresso, molasses and dark sweet fruits like raisins. It smells so good! I could smell this beer for days! The dark chocolate smell in this beer is predominate, and in the finish a little bit of an alcohol bite. I dive in for my first taste and wow, just wow! This beer is so good! It was served a little cold but, as it warmed up, it got better and better. The taste is similar to the smell, oak, vanilla, dark chocolate, expresso roastiness, molasses and dark fruits. This beer is over the top! just big in every-way! It is complex and the flavors are just layered over each other. It is a bit on the sweeter side but it is not cloying. It finishes super smooth and is just amazing. The beer is lightly carbonated and very full bodied, this beer has some real substance to it. It is hard to give this beer a 5 on drinkability, even though I would kill to be able to drink this beer all the time, it is 19.5% and it is just so over the top and bold. Overall, this beer is just amazing and I am addicted, I went every chance I got to try this beer. I can't wait to crack open one of my bottles! (1,552 characters)

4.9/5  rDev +9.9%

I am more of a RB guy than a BA guy, but I feel this beer must be appropriately explored on both sites. I have been blessed enough to have this beverage at least 15 to 20 times by now. Simply a glorious beer! Originally on tap at the brewery (Bruery?) Pours with a large brown head over a black body. Alcohol legs, brown coating and lace all left behind on the glass. Aroma of tar, chocolate, vanilla, bourbon, dark fruits, and caramel. Taste is dark fruits, tar, bourbon, oak, candi sugar, plums, tobacco and bitter chocolate. Extremely long duration. Super viscous mouthfeel, light carbonation, amazing! Hides alcohol immensely well, does not taste or go down like 19.5% (not even close)! Really looking forward to the bottles. Fantastic beer. I never thought I could find a single beer from them better than Melange #3, but it turns out that a comment of that beer was better than the sum that made Melange Numero Three! (923 characters)

4.9/5  rDev +9.9%

A-Opens with a nice hiss and pours a black so dark the lord of the pit himself couldn't see his way out. Head builds nicely but reduces to a fine dark brown skin. This dames got legs for days a quick swirl around the snifter coats the sides very well.

S-Burbon, vanilla, black strap molasses, a bit of boozyness that seems to come more from the bourbon then the brew itself but what do I know. As it warms the aromas really open up and brings out dark fruits and brown sugar. Wow factor on the smell for sure.

T-Big time bourbon and dark roasty malts. Vanilla bean and fudge, coco power and that blackstrap again. The barrel aging really shows but it does not over shadow this amazing brew.

m- Thick and viscous, smooth and creamy. It coats the mouth and then the perfect amount carb fizzes up and carries the liquid to a new level of complexity. I love a thick beer and this one is up there but not too much that one cant appreciated it.

D-Well I wish I had twice as much. Yes, it is a huge beer with lots of abv but it is by no means overly hot. As it warms a bit more of the heat comes out so Im thinking with some time this will be a perfect 5 in my book. Amazing beer from an amazing brewery, keep up the good work. (1,224 characters)

4.89/5  rDev +9.6%

On tap at the Bruery 08/02/09 before the official release.

A - pitch black, fairly thin tan head with some light lacing.

S - dark fruits, figs, dates, prunes, bourbon, apricot

T - Very complex. Coffee, chocolate, roasted maltyness, smokiness, dark fruits: like figs, prunes, dates, vanilla, sweet, brown sugar, oak and of course, the ever prominent bourbon backing.

M - Pretty slippery on the tongue, but also coats your tongue. Low to moderate carbonation.

D - ABV is EXTREMELY well hidden. And not to sweet like most high ABV beers. Although this is IS a little bit sweet for a stout, it's very balanced. A little hot, but not what you'd think, it's scary drinkable. I would compare this to GI BCS, but a ton more complex, higher ABV, and more drinkable. (761 characters)

4.89/5  rDev +9.6%

2012 vintage. 750ml bottle split between myself, legend8706, and a couple other buddies. Divided equally into wine glasses. Special night, to say the least!

A- Poured a deep murky brown, but not quite black. Very little foam head, but what is there sticks around for a while. Nice light lacing.

S- There is an almost overwhelming aroma of bourbon immediately. Huge on the oak and lots of vanilla. There is also some chocolate here, and perhaps a bit of smokiness as well, although I think that is the wood coming through. It does burn the nostrils a bit, like an actual bourbon or some such high proof liquor.

T- This beer will obviously benefit from some aging, but it is incredible now. Very complex, but easily the best bourbon barrel aged stout I have come across. It is very much like drinking a bourbon. It is pretty sweet, but not just sugary - I am thinking caramel. The oak/woody flavor cuts through well. It is extremely boozy right now, but I suspect that will mellow out in a few years. Ultimately, it has lots of wood, vanilla, bourbon, caramel, chocolate, some bitterness, and plenty of booze (which no one should be surprised at). Mouth is rather thick and syrupy. Carbonation is light. It is creamy and pretty much damn awesome!

O- Black Tuesday was not cheap and was frankly very difficult for me to get my hands on, however, it was worth every penny. I am so glad I was able to enjoy such a truly unique, special beer. This one is not for the faint of heart, but if you are going after it I would guess that you know what you are getting into. I'll see my second bottle in a few years...if I can wait that long. (1,633 characters)

4.88/5  rDev +9.4%

On tap at The Bruery. The beer is black as night with a decent amount of carbonation. Decent tan lacing. I really hope this level of carbonation shows up in the bottled version.

Surprisingly drinkable for 19.5% abv. I certainly could split a 750 bottle with a friend. The finish comes off slightly sticky sweet bourbon with heavy maple and vanilla (very similar to many the after taste of the Bruery other barrel aged beers). The sweetness leaves me anticipating the next sip.

I think this one is destined for greatness.

(Update: After opening the bottle version of BT, I hereby renew my enthusiasm for Black Tuesday. It's by far my favorite imperial stout. I actually think the bottle version was a little better than the tap.) (731 characters)

4.88/5  rDev +9.4%

so I was one of the other hundreds of people that flocked to the bruery last night for the black tuesday release. 3 hours and some change later I finally got to try this beast.

poured jet black into my bruery tulip, with an intimidating one and a half finger head floating atop this bad boy that had an exceptional amount of lacing on the glass. light couldn't get through this if it had to. beautiful.

smell is rich and full of chocolate malts, bourbon, wood, toffee, powdered cocoa with a slight hint of booze near the back. I already have a smile on my face.

taste is great from the second it hits your lips. my palate is enveloped in amazing flavors. chocolate bourbon port toffee creamy sugar/toasted caramel. this beer literally elicited a "woah" out of me after the first sip. I am seriously impressed.

mouthfeel is creamy and full. rich and robust. with just the right amount of carbonation to be refreshing. wait a 19.5 percent beer is refreshing...go figure.

If you hadnt told me the abv i wouldnt have been able to tell you what it was. remarkable. I have to admit I was skeptical going into it but I would gladly say that this beer is worthy of its hype and I really hope more people get to try it. (1,216 characters)

4.88/5  rDev +9.4%

My real-world alter ego joined Overlord's real-world alter-ego for the opening day of this fine brew. I am exceptionally grateful that he invited me along.

My initial thought was that a 19.5% brew was going to feel like the bourbon barrel in which it was aged.

I could not have been more wrong. This lives up to the hype.

I caught a bunch of cocunut on the intial taste that mellowed out to the beautiful nut and cocoa flavors. (432 characters)

4.88/5  rDev +9.4%

A bottle of this fortuitously made its way to the Rochester BA Tasting this past Saturday at the Tap and Mallet. My heartfelt thanks go out to Richard and Daren for making this possible. While I don't usually review beers I've had at tastings, I had a decent 3-4 oz. serving of this. While that may be too small an amount to review most beers, due to the nature of this amazing brew I don't think I would drink more than about 8 oz. of it at a time anyway (though I would definitely want to). Therefore, I feel justified in posting the notes and ratings that I took down at the tasting.

A: Pours pitch black with a beautiful tan head. Just a little lacing, but I can also see lots of legs sliding down the sides of the glass.

S: Bourbon, vanilla, chocolate, some oak, and warm, stinging alcohol. Definitely not your typical aroma, but still quite amazing.

T: Similar to the nose, but even better! Bourbon is very apparent, but is complemented quite well by flavors of vanilla, molasses, caramel, and chocolate. Some toasty malts are also apparent. Heat from the alcohol is pretty apparent, but it works well with everything that is going on.

M: Amazingly smooth, very little carbonation. Warms just like brandy or bourbon going down.

D: The epitome of a sipper. As I noted above, I wouldn't want to drink a lot of this in one sitting, but a good 8-12 oz serving would probably last you well over an hour if treated right. The flavors and aroma are so complex and amazing - I wish I had a few bottles of this to sip on during the cold winter months. I was ready for a let down after all the hype, but after trying this I think most of the hype is definitely deserved. I'm not sure it deserves to be on the ridiculously high pedestal most traders put it on, but it is most certainly one of the best beers I've ever had the pleasure of tasting. (1,851 characters)

4.88/5  rDev +9.4%

Have had a few four ounce glasses at the Bruery in the past few weekends, served in their tulip glass, color is pitch black with not a glimmer of light anywhere, thick sludgy looking stuff, big 1 1/4 inch tan to medium brown foamy and creamy head, good lacing at first, head did not budge for close to five minutes, aroma consists of molasses, oak, rich dark chocolate, some mild coffee, roasted malts, mild port, tobacco, vanilla, sweet cocoa, prunes, burned caramel, and bourbon, flavor starts off with a big oak, taste, some sweet chocolate and vanilla in the middle, finish has a nice syrup taste mixed with tons of oak, bourbon comes through later on more pronounced but nothing major being a hair under twenty percent, easily the top three best tasting beers I have had of this alcohol content, some brown sugar and complex malt flavors come out as it continues to warm, almost like a marshmallow flavor by the end, very creamy with minimal booze in the flavor somehow, dry, roasted, bittersweet, oaky, and chewy mouthfeel, full bodied, very soft carbonation, taste lingers incredibly well, best mouthfeel for a stout that I have come across, drank this with no problem at all, cannjot explain how the alcohol is hidden well but it drinks like a beer maybe have of its ABV, not heavy at all, could down a 750 ml bottle and probably will at a later date, amazing drinkability, one of their best brews yet and that is sure saying a lot, the story about this beer is almost impressive as the beverage itself, this thing is going to age wonderfully too, good thing I was able to get a bunch of bottles to experiment with that, will be drinking again sooner than later, highly recommended (1,689 characters)

4.88/5  rDev +9.4%

A huge thank you to Darrell for sharing this rare delicacy last night.

A: Deep, opaque black. There is a moderately small beige that hangs out for a few minutes before sinking into the abyss and disappearing forever.

S: Bourbon! Whoa! There is nothing subtle about the aroma. It's enticing and alluring, but I must say that is predominantly bourbon.

T: Black Tuesday tastes fantastic. Plain and simple. It's incredibly rich and buttery smooth. It's like a heavy freight train loaded with rich, roasted malt loaded and bourbon barrels on a collision course with your palate. I didn't find it to be complex, per se, as the enormous bourbon flavors overtake some of the more subtle aspects.

M: Extremely viscous, rich and thick. Alcohol content disguised masterfully. This isn't to say alcohol is not detectable, but I would never have guessed that it's nearly 20% abv. Very impressive.

D: While it definitely seems like a strong beer, I am amazed that it weighs in at 19.5% abv. That's insane. I had 6-8 ounces and thoroughly enjoyed every sip. Highly recommended. (1,069 characters)

look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

This ranks up there with Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Proprietor's Stout. Got to share this awesome Bruery's Black Tuesday at a Alchemist Heady Topper tasting that I did in Chicago on 6/5. After the Heady Topper was gone, the guests dragged out the Bruery's Black Tuesday bomber and a couple of 12 ounce bottles of the Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Coffee Shout.
Both beers were top of the line brews, but I would give the edge to Black Tuesday. Just a total joy to consume; especially with all my new friends that came to share my Heady Topper Tasting. (562 characters)

4.87/5  rDev +9.2%

A- Poured about ten ounces into a Bruery tulip glass. Black Tuesday appears motor oil-black with a brief showing of light-brown foam that dissipates to a thin, swirly film over the beer and a thick ring along the inside of the glass. No lacing at all.

S- Bourbon whiskey, oak wood, and vanilla backed by hugely sweet notes of dark chocolate, molasses, anise, and dark fruits caramelized in brown sugar. There's little indication that this beer is almost 20% alcohol.

T- The initial taste is of suagry dark fruits -- maybe choclate covered raisins and dates -- and loads of syrupy sweetness. Bourbon whiskey and oak barrel accent every flavor from start to finish. The 19.5% ABV is remarkeably well-hidden and the finish leaves deeply sweet flavors of chocolate syrup along with a mild espresso bitterness clinging to the palate and the sides of the mouth. There's just a touch of alcohol heat in the chest after each sip. The final taste is of woody bourbon barrel and molasses.

M- A rich, creamy mouthfeel with fine, delicate carbonation bubbles that provide just the right amount of balancing effervescnece to the viscous and slightly syrupy texture.

D- This is incredibly drinkable stuff given the immense ABV and the massively sweet flavors. I was able to finish my entire glass and was left wanting more.

One of the best beers I've ever had. I'll be interested to see what a few years of age will do, if anything. (1,424 characters)

From tasting notes:

Appearance: Thick and black as motor oil. Small tan head.

Smell: Beautiful vanilla, cocoa, bourbon aroma and oak.

Taste: Sweet, very sweet. Bourbon is very aparent, but it's mouthfeel makes it very approachable, like a shake.

Mouthfeel: Viscous, thick, nicely carbonated. Just enough carbonation to make the flavors open up on the tongue.

Drinkability: Well, 19.5%. Do I need to say much more? It's a great brew to share for a very nice event, but I'd never have a large glass of this. (510 characters)

4.87/5  rDev +9.2%

I love my brother...thanks again, pwoods, for sharing this one with me.

Pours deepest chocolate brown, pretty much black. It is completely opaque - absolutely zero visibility in this beer. Not much head to speak of, just a few cocoa-colored spots suspended atop the liquid and a soft ring of foam that hugs the sides of the glass and leaves behind little watery spots of lace.

Amazingly delicious aroma from this beer. The creamy bitterness of dark chocolate mingles with sweet cream. The bourbon is perfectly balanced in this beer - not masking the rest of the aromas of the beer while not assuming a background role. All the aspects of the aging are there in the nose, too - oak, vanilla, char - it smells incredible.

Wow. If the aroma didn't convince me, the taste of this beer has guaranteed that it lives up to the hype. What a delicious and complex beer. The chocolate is intensely sweet - almost too sweet - and slightly bitter. There is a huge vanilla presence in this beer to a degree I haven't experienced with barrel-aged imperial stouts before. The creaminess is thick and full, and it compliments the bourbon nicely. It is sweet and nutty, somewhat like toffee. While the bourbon is present throughout the whole drink, it is especially pleasing in the aftertaste where the heat from the alcohol really presents itself and the bourbon lingers with a fruity, dark-cherry-like sweetness. Feel is creamy, well-carbonated and mouthfilling. It is impressively smooth with a nice bubbly finish. It leaves behind a slight stickiness on the palate and hot, drying alcohols of vapor in the mouth. The beer immediately warms the chest, and it continues to do so throughout the drink. A very pleasing experience in my opinion.

Drinkability isn't exactly huge for any beer of this style, but this one especially hides its high (crazy high) ABV well. The alcohol feel and taste is definitely present, but it is so well-balanced by the full flavors and full feel of the beer that it goes down much too easily. (2,015 characters)

4.87/5  rDev +9.2%

2009 Vintage Poured into my Sierra Nevada 30th Anniversary glass and shared with a friend.

This beer absolutely lives up to the hype and is worth seeking out by any means necessary. I have never had a beer at this high ABV (19.5%) and been able to detect very little of the booze. You do have to drink it slowly, because of how heavy it goes down and just for the purpose of enjoying every last sip. My friend and I both agree that this is like a fudge cake/brownie wrapped into one of the most unique and exceptional beers you can have of this style. It is without a doubt a special occasion beer and one worthy of that occasion. I think the year of age on it as well had some to do with the drinkability. (707 characters)

4.87/5  rDev +9.2%

Finally getting around to rating this one; shared with a group at a recent tasting.

A--Very black; no reading the newspaper through this one! A little bit of a head with minimal lacing.

S--Chocolate and bourbon.

T--Bourbon, chocolate, and oak. WONDERFUL taste.

M--Thick with just the right amount of carbonation.

D--I say it's great, though most would disagree due to the high alcohol content. I counter that by saying just share it with someone or sip on this one for an hour or more while watching a good movie, game, etc. GREAT beer. (541 characters)

4.87/5  rDev +9.2%

Pours like glorious motor oil. Very dark, with a very thin head. Smells great, vanilla, coffee, roasted malts, chocolate, bourbon, oak, and alcohol. Starts with a very strong flavor including vanilla, coffee, and chocolate, followed up by a stronger bourbon, oak, and alcohol taste. Simply amazing. Very hard to drink fast though. It's pretty hot, but way to hard to put down. (376 characters)

4.87/5  rDev +9.2%

Cracked open my bottle with a few fellow BAs.

A: Pitch black body with absolutely no light shining through the edges when held to the light. Moderate dark khaki head. Holds on for a short while before forming a slight skim which pools around the edges. Very spotty lacing. You can see legs after a swirl in the snifter due to the high abv.

S: Bourbon dominates the initial nose. You get quite a bit of oak and vanilla as well before sweet caramel, chocolate and coffee take over. A lot is going on here but it is neither muddled nor overwhelming. The nose is in perfect harmony and is a nice prelude to each sip.

T: While the nose is quite impressive... it betrays the depth and complexity of the flavors that treat the tongue. Layers and layers of malty goodness are present here. Lots of caramel, dark chocolate, coffee, espresso, molasses, brown sugar, and some roasted nuts. The nice thing is the subtlety of the bourbon which is present throughout, but is not overpowering with its vanilla and oak contributions.

M: I found this to have the ideal weight. Moderate to heavy body with a nice even creamy silkiness. A nice lingering finish really lets the flavors sit on the palate to be explored.

D: With this much flavor and alcohol, this beer should not be this enjoyable. The bottle was split three-ways and it was divine. A truly amazing accomplishment from the Bruery. The hype was more than met here which is a really nice bonus. (1,443 characters)

4.87/5  rDev +9.2%

This beer is truly amazing! Shared from a bottle with brandoneast. The nose on this beer is so impressive it is indescribable. Huge chocolate, roast, bourbon oak up front. Taste is right on as well. If (and there is not)there was a downside to this beer it would be drinkability due to the high level of alcohol. The smell really boozed up after about an hour and I thought everything was cool. Then as I was laying in bed next to my wife she asks me to go close the blinds and I knew then that that beer was stronger than I expected.

Almost over the top sweet and boozey but the mouthfeel and nose balance it out.

Great beer overall and Patrick impresses me yet another time. (680 characters)

Black Tuesday from The Bruery