Black Tuesday - The Bruery

2013: 18.9% ABV
2014: 19.7% ABV
Reviews: 614 | Hads: 3,307
4.8/5  rDev +7.9%

2011 Vintage. Opened this one the day right after commencement.

A-Pours jet black with minimal lacing. No head really, just some excitement when swirled

S-Bourbon, dark chocolate, vanilla, and darker fruits.

T-A super slick and boozy stout with lots of alcohol notes. It is very chocolatety and really it is potent. There are some date notes but not much more.

M-Barely any carbonation. Absolutely perfect for this beer.

O-This beer is really hard to describe. It is pretty much everything you would imagine it to be. Incredibly alcoholic and tastes better than most other beers. Super thick yet slick with very good flavor that is masked in bourbon. The bourbon is strong but overdominates a little but I do not care that much. It is a great brew for special occasions. (775 characters)

4.8/5  rDev +7.9%

I'm reluctant to review since I'm throwing in an opinion consistent with those before me! In summary, an all around winner destined for stardom!

I buy into the hype of the "rare," "hard to get" "big alcohol," "one of a kind" stuff as much as the next person. Thus, after driving Steff crazy with e-mails, I'm sure, (and in which she basically said if you want to try it..come down and try it! lol...) I drove down today. Candidly, I've been disappointed, a bit, in some of these hyped, huge alcoholic stouts and "stout type" brews. I am a big fan of "the extreme." I love the huge hops and I love the big, bold stouts. I like 'em all but those are my favorites.

I was ready to taste Black Tuesday, say I did, and then move on. Well, hold your horses...this one is the "real deal."

Thick and viscous out of the bottle the nose hits you with vanilla, whiskey, brandy, dark cherries, vanilla, sweet espresso and sweet Turkish coffee. Wow...

The mouthfeel is like thick cream. It actually initially tastes like you've put a sweet cherried chocolate vanilla carmel bourbon/brandy fudge sauce in your mouth. Then, you get a bit of heat and alcohol, although nothing like the 19+% it is. This is a meal; this is that special dessert; this is simply a gigantic surprise party of flavor, layers and texture.

While we sipped it at the brewery in our 4 oz pour, I was already planning on the meals at which I'd pour this. First meal will be a huge BBQ, although one could pour this as part of any dessert course, including one of the sweetest and darkest chocolate you could find.

Shows like a thick Sherry, Madera or Port. See the prior reviews. So far, everyone's right on!

Only possible shortcoming for me (and the only reason I didn't give it 5s across the board) is that many will not find it appealing with most food and find it a sipping beer. Me? I'll drink this puppy with everything from BBQ chicken and ribs to pecan pie!

We may have a new standard for big stouts;....or, we simply may have a whole new catagory... (2,024 characters)

4.8/5  rDev +7.9%

Thanks to Kaiser81 for opening this at the recent tasting he hosted on 2/27. This was the first beer opened among many opened that night, so the notes and palate were fresh.

Poured into my Delirium Tremens snifter glass

A - Thick, pitch black, syrupy with a small layer of mocha bubbles. Lacing doesn't stick to the glass. Just by looking at it, you know it's going to be big and heavy.

S - Chocolate and bourbon dominate. And the chocolate is extensive...there's some cocoa powder, milk, and lots of dark chocolate. It's very rich, like liquid fudge and bourbon mixed. There is just a little bit of an alcohol smell on the back end. I think I served it too cold, as I've had a lot of other smells other times when it was a bit warmer.

T - Wow!! Bourbon notes mixed with dark chocolates, like truffles. There is just a bit of booze after it warms up, and maple comes out as well. Deliciousness! Still makes my knees weak every time I taste it.

M - heavy body mixed with carbonation. I don't think you can expect much more from a beer like this.

D - How is 18.5% mixed into a beer this good and drinkable? It's truly amazing, and I wish I could drink this all the time.

This is the third time I've had it, and it still is just as awesome as if I had waited 4 hours in line to get my bottle allotment. (1,306 characters)

4.8/5  rDev +7.9%

Had 2 tastes at the Reserve Society Event. Poured into wine tasting glass.

A- Great black, dark brown edge color with a nice tan head that dissappears quicly. The body on this thing is just awesome, leaves a thick coating on the glass.

S- HEAVY. Sweet vanilla bourbon with nice chocolate malts, just a great beer!!!

T- Sweet sugar, chocolate, and some nice candied fruits, molasses, some very nice anise flavors. Then it begins to move to some smooth Oaky vanilla bourbon flavors, slight alcohol finish.

M- HUGE, medium/light carbonation, smooth creamy mouthfeel. Couldn't tell it was 19.5% alcohol.

D- Great but I don't think I could drink too much of this stuff, it's a meal in a bottle.

All in all I need to acquire more of this beer, like copius amounts of it, because this is just the best beer I have ever had. Thanks Patrick and The Bruery gang. (858 characters)

4.8/5  rDev +7.9%

The beer pours a pitch black color with a 1/4" brown head that fades to lacing. The aroma is out of this world. It's warm and dark with excellent bourbon barrel character. The black and roasted malts are present and accounted for. The taste is perfect in my opinion. It's a strong black, earthy, roasted beer with a thick rich flavor that goes down warm and finishes the same with a nice bourbon character. The bourbon really compliments the overall experience. The mouthfeel is exceptional. It is a full bodied beer with near perfect carbonation. This is my new favorite beer in the world. It has everything I'm looking for in a drinking experience. (650 characters)

4.8/5  rDev +7.9%

2012 vintage (19.2%) served into a snifter.

Aroma – I pick up massive bourbon and alcohol. I'm having trouble picking up much else. If I closed my eyes, I'd swear it was an actual glass of bourbon I smell.

Appearance – A quickly dissipating head, opaque, a bit murky. This beer is actually leaving fingers on the sides of my glass.

Mouth feel – full, but not as thick as I was expecting, medium carbonation, coating the inside of my mouth, warming as I swallow. I think my tongue is a bit numb like it is being anesthetized.

Taste – I pick up "the usual suspects" for an imperial stout – dark fruits (plum, cherry, raspberry), vanilla, cocoa, fudge, caramel. Aspects of the taste reminded me of the goo you get from the inside of a chocolate covered cherry. There is also wonderful bourbon / oak flavors along with a touch of leather (in a non-sexual way). I pick up some hops, but the beer finishes with a candy sweet aftertaste.

Overall – there are controversies about this type of imperial stout, but I absolutely loved it. I split this bottle with my wife and we took approximately 90 minutes to finish it. The experience was worth every minute of that 90. We drank a toast to Kevo2007 (the wonderful BA who sent me this bottle), the FedEx driver who delivered the package, the brewer at The Bruery who created this beer, and everyone else in between. (1,373 characters)

4.8/5  rDev +7.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

The Bruery - Black Tuesday, poured into a Lawson's tulip.

Look - Pours a thin viscosity brown and settles black with minimal head. Not much lacing.

Smell - Chocolate malts and bourbon. Smells delish.

Taste - Rich chocolate followed by a nice bourbon warmth. Sweet oak vanilla finish.

Mouthfeel - Full bodied with medium carbonation. Boozy and warm but yummy. Definitely a sipper.

Overall - Great brew, pretty much the epitome of the style. (444 characters)

4.8/5  rDev +7.9%

bottle poured into tasting glass. 2010 vintage.

Pours a completely inky, opaque blackness with a decent layer of toffee brown head resting on top. The retention slowly sifts away leaving a collar of tanned lacing and head on the glass.

Strong scents of smooth oaky bourbon with vanilla bean edges. Cocoa, brownies and chocolate syrup erupt from the nose, drenched in absolutely wonderful boozy warmth.

Heavily roasted malts with caramel and chocolately notes. The bal aging kicks in nearly immediately, with strong yet pleasant touches of bourbon and vanilla tannins. Chocolate cake, brownies, and cocoa all combine into the richness, which nearly overwhelms the palate. More boozy warmth and syrupy sweetness towards the finish.

The fullest of full bodies, lower carbonation, syrupy and sticky from top to bottom. This beer is ridiculously drinkable for the ABV, and the flavors are as absolutely mindblowing as the internet hype makes them seem to be. Don't be fooled, this is a one-of-a-kind beer. (1,008 characters)

4.8/5  rDev +7.9%

Thanks to mattolesh for the trade and the opportunity to try this beer!

750ml bottle split with my girlfriend, going by the alcohol by volume on the label, this is a 2010 bottle. Poured into a Southampton IRS release day snifter. Took it out of the cellar the morning I was going to drink it and put it in the fridge, let it warm up for about 15 minutes before pouring. It was also drank over the course of about an hour, so I got a lot of different temperatures.

Look: Pours black, with dark brown highlights around the edges of the glass. I'm surprised how its not quite pitch considering the size. Though there's not much head, I'm surprised how much there is. I get a thin layer of mocha colored head that disappears in a minute or so, which is understandable considering the alcohol content of this beer. Surprisingly, there are carbonation bubbles visible close to the top floating to the top of the beer. Very nice looking beer.

Smell: warm, bourbon aroma. Surprisingly, not as powerful as some other bourbon barrel beers are but its still quite powerful. If you've had Bourbon Brand County Stout, its a little more subtle than that. Dark malt with hints of chocolate and some vanilla notes. Aside from the bourbon, this isn't so boozy in the nose as I thought it was going to be.

Taste: a sharp, alcohol burn is felt at the tip of my tongue. Then you have dark fruit soaked in alcohol, very rich chocolate, some coffee, strong vanilla and of course, bourbon. Hints of charred oak and a fairly sugary sweet taste as well. There's a lot going on here and each sip yields a little something new in complexity for me, but it is all well integrated. Its also not very boozy and doesn't drink as big as it is. I've had some other boozier stouts that came in at dramatically lower alcohol content!

The strength of the flavors makes me very intrigued as to what its brother Chocolate Rain tastes like. I'm having a hard time imagining a more flavorful Black Tuesday.

I'm also glad that I split this one way and that we both ended up drinking about 13 oz of beer. I can't imagine being able to fully appreciate this one if I had a smaller sample or if I had to do the whole 750ml bottle by myself... mostly because the latter would probably kill me.

Feel: sharp, alcohol burn at first but my mouth got used to it quickly. Full bodied but surprisingly not as viscous as I thought it was going to be but still quite full. Despite the alcohol content, this is pretty carbonated and is a little bit more carbonated than the really big Dogfish Head beers like World Wide Stout, Raison d'Extra and 120 Minute IPA (the only other beers coming in over 15% I've had), which is nice because it reminds me I'm drinking a beer.

Drink: I honestly don't know how to rate this. Given the style, its a sipper even by the style's standards. If I had a small pour of this, I could see it disappearing quickly, which I think is where its high drinkability scores are coming from in other reviews. However, since I split the bottle with one other person, we both ended up with almost 13 ounces of the beer and well, having a glass full of Black Tuesday led to us taking about an hour to drink it, allowing us to savor it fully, and leaving us both a little buzzed at the end of it. What an amazing problem to have!

That said, I am sure the brewer's intent isn't to make this a beer that you can slam back pint after pint of. But at the same time, the beer being so slow to drink meant that it kind of had the same effect as if we had several pints of a weaker brew during that time!

Overall, this beer really surpassed expectations. I'm always skeptical of these super hyped beers and what's more hyped than Black Tuesday? Brewery only release, barrel aged, huge alcohol content, an imperial stout... basically meets all the criteria for an overhyped beer. Maybe it helped because I didn't seek it out specifically and it fell into my lap because of an exceedingly generous trader in mattolesh.

Regardless, my girlfriend and I decided it would be a good occasion to drink it to celebrate six months of dating after getting back together after a long hiatus. From the second I got the wax off and opened the bottle, I could smell the beer and was a little nervous, honestly. Pouring it out and beginning to drink it, well, I began to see what everyone else sees in this beer. Despite its size, its absolutely delicious.

As a home brewer who is interested in high alcohol brewing (haven't done it yet, but its a long term goal for me), I am very impressed by the technical feat behind brewing this beer.

But now I have a problem. I'm still new to trading, don't have anything exceedingly rare, and really want a Chocolate Rain. How do you improve Black Tuesday? I don't know how it can be done but apparently adding cacao nibs and vanilla bean helps.

Well done, Bruery! You deserve much respect for this beer. Cheers! (4,916 characters)

4.8/5  rDev +7.9%

Thanks Hophead101 for breaking this out during the epic tasting! The Holy Grail or RIS ?? I'd say so...

Appearance:

Upon popping the cap and cutting the wax off the neck there was a decent amount of carbonation gasses that cam from the large bottle. On the pour this baby comes out jet black like 10W-30 motor oil and will not let any amount of light pass through it. I was left with a dark dark chocolate colored head that was maybe a half an inch thick and slowly dissipated as I sipped away. When I give a little swirl there is a massive amount of lacing going on here , it seems to stain the glass deep red like iodine and crawls ever so slowly down the walls.

Smell:

Wow, huge bouquet of black chocolate, figs, dark whiskey soaked cherries, heat alcohol, cocoa, bourbon, vanilla, oak tannins and even some Raisin Bran. There is just a load of aromas going on here that you almost have to try to believe very complex.

Taste:

Man, does it get better than this ? I'm going with one of the best RIS I ever had. Surprisingly very smooth and the alcohol is hidden very well. Figs, cream, cocoa whiskey, sharp barrel notes, warming alcohol some ash and meaty tones. I cant get over how easy this drinks which is very dangerous. Very sweet molasses, and vanilla round out this robust ale.

Drinkability:

Lets be real here, your not going to pound a 16oz glass of this but damn would I love to try. This is very slow sipping and isn't for the faint of heart so its drinkability is a little lower but still makes for a epic tasting ale. (1,538 characters)

4.8/5  rDev +7.9%

750ml of the 2011 vintage poured into my Bruery snifter (RIP, as it was broken later in the night). Bottle shared between 3 people. Review #300.

A: This one pours a deep dark black color. Not as thick as I was expecting for this big a beer. I actually got some reddish hues around the corners of the glass. Surprised to see about a half finger of tan head with all that alcohol. Tons of alcohol feet on this one, which is to be expected. Sheets of lacing are present on the swirl.

S: This has an amazing nose to it. I got the bourbon first, obviously. Then you get toffee and some burnt brown sugar and some caramel malty notes. Also the normal culprits, vanilla and oak (mild) are there.

T: Mind officially blown with this one! You don't taste the alcohol! On a 18% beer!?!?! I got tons of those caramel and toffee flavors. Also some dark fruit: rum soaked raisin, prunes, plums, etc. The bourbon is there with subtle hints of vanilla, but it isn't as pronounced as what you took from the nose. You do get a little warming in the back of the throat, but like another reviewer mentioned this drinks like a much lesser ABV beer. As it warms I get some of those coconut notes as well. It's pretty sweet actually, but not overdone

M: Full bodied for sure. Not a ton of carbonation, but some that helps clear the palate (a little).

O: This is most certainly an A+ beer for me. Probably in my Top 3 for sure. It's just so well balanced and delicious. And with the ABV hidden the way it is, I was just blown away. Bravo to the Bruery. Solid work! (1,545 characters)

4.81/5  rDev +8.1%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Was gifted a 2013 bottle by @Evilash to celebrate the birth of my son. Ended up opening it on the day my son came home from the hospital, which also happened to be my birthday. Drank over the course of 3 hours at cellar temp. This is the new gold standard for BA stouts for me personally. It is very strong, as the abv suggests, but there is a sweetness behind it that brings it into balance. If I'm lucky enough to grab another bottle at some point, I will split it with someone- I was dragging the next day! (523 characters)

4.81/5  rDev +8.1%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Appearance- not as black as I would have expected. Dark brown/ almost red around the edges but not quite motor oil black. Thin slightly off white collar of a head.

Nose- absurdly good. Big bourbon, milk chocolate, sugary sweet molasses, slight oak, slight booze. I could smell this all day long, I wish they made candles with this smell. Really, it's that good.

Taste- holy shit. Absolutely lives up to the hype. That bruery barrel aged flavor you find in brews like melange 3 and bois is here, big time. Huge bourbon and sweet molasses, slight milky chocolate, a little boozy. Really follows suit with the nose. Perfect mouthfeel. Tastes like 10 or 11%, nowhere near 18.9. Booze is well hidden

Overall- I'm glad this lived up to the hype for me. Really a great balanced beer, glad I have more (800 characters)

4.82/5  rDev +8.3%

Pours a murky dark cola brown. Pitch black in the glass with 1cm bubbly head that fades quickly. A bit of bubbly tan ring left around the glass. Not oily like I thought it'd be.

Nose is fantastic, huge, deep and dark richness. Bourbon, vanilla, molasses and bitter chocolate.

Flavor explosion. So big and bold. Balanced because all aspects are big. Big heat, sweetness and robustness. Sweetness is not overpowering at all. Big bourbon character up front. Notes of vanilla, caramel, molasses, oak, alcohol (which I like here) and bittersweet chocolate.

Mouth is full bodied, stIcky with low carb.

Overall it's all I hoped for. Very pleased and happy to FINALLY try this. Glad I have many more of these. The only place I could knock it is the look, but how do you have head on a 19.2% beer? (801 characters)

4.82/5  rDev +8.3%

Thanks to RocPorterFanatic for sharing a bottle of this with me.

Reviewed from tasting notes. Bottle was 09

A: Syrupy and Dark mahogany as it pours. Black in the glass. Not a lot of head from the pour, but a gentle swirl gets a nice caramel head.

S: Very rich and sweet. Vanilla, oak, and a hint of bourbon. It actually smells thick. Tons of caramel in this, as well as notes of brown sugar and molasses.

T: A vanilla and caramel Explosion of sweetness. Dark and malty. The bourbon comes in the finish, with oak and a little more caramel sweetness. The booze is pretty well hidden in this monster.

M: This explodes in your mouth with sweetness. Thick and syrupy. You can feel the booze more than you can taste it. Carbonation is good for the style.

D: Sweet as hell, but man is this tasty. A sipper for sure, but complex and amazing. Damn, I see why Overlord drinks this everyday. (891 characters)

4.82/5  rDev +8.3%

Finally! 2010 vintage reviewed courtesy of David. Glad to try some of this, now I can sit on my 2009 longer ;) Poured into a Cigar City Snifter.

Poured an absolute pitch black with a slight ring of mocha head that recedes to a slight haze. Ominous. Nose is fantastic, just huge aromas of dark, sweet malt, chocolate, and molasses with insane Bourbon characteristics of oak, vanilla, and caramel. Taste follows the nose in the best possible way, nothing but darkest malt, molasses, chocolate and Bourbon. So smooth and complex. Mouthfeel is expectedly syrupy and viscous, with a full body and low carbonation. Bit of pleasant chest-fire from the +18% ABV, but I sure don't mind! Overall a mind-blowingly insane beer, so excited to finally experience this beast! (761 characters)

look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 5

Warning: Extremely delicious if you like bourbon-barrel aged beers

A: Black with caramel head, recedes fast
S: Bourbon, toffee, sugar, vanilla
T: Vanilla, bourbon, dark fruits
F: Very nice mouthfeel
O: Something really special if you get can get your hands on it, a great base beer for all their variants. (307 characters)

4.82/5  rDev +8.3%

This is regarding the 2011 version, though I'd love to try the 2009 someday.

Deep black pour, very viscous, coats the glass impressively.

Far and away one of the richest smelling beers I've encountered. While I find that CBS offers more of a variety of scents (with the maple, bourbon, vanilla mixing) Black Tuesday just leaves this focused chocolately, boozy wonderfulness on the nose.

Tastes even better than it gives off in the nose which in and of itself is magnificent accomplishment.

Truly worthy of all the hype out there,what a flagship for Bruery products, I'll be trying a lot more of their stuff going forward.

Something every true fan of good beer must try at least once! (689 characters)

4.82/5  rDev +8.3%

This was one of the hightlights (if not THE highlight) at Doopiedoopiedoo's tasting a few weeks ago.

It was at the end of the tasting we tried this one against the Black Damnation V from the Struise. I am a very big fan of the BD V but this beer stole my heart...sorry Urbain!

I only wrote down the points for the beer and then my light almost went out. This is a beer from outerspace. (387 characters)

4.82/5  rDev +8.3%

Bottle shared at a bottle share. Poured into 5 oz glasses, let warm over time. Thanks tbadiuk (Bruery Reserve member) for sharing this gem!

Pours a thick dark oil like body with light tan head that rings but doesn't lace. Liquid chocolate. Hints of liquorice & bourbon. So easy to drink. No heat at all for the high ABV. Sweet, but with a thinner finish. This is dessert in a glass. I could drink a whole bottle of this to myself, and then find myself under the table... (471 characters)

4.82/5  rDev +8.3%

I was extremely fortunate to have been given this bottle as a gift from Thor, the beer manager at Brasserie Beck at dinner last night. A really nice review will be coming after this Black Tuesday review for Brasserie Beck as I've had many good experiences there and is worth a try if in DC.

This beer is my 100th review, as I tried to plan it out that way since this is a beer that I've really really wanted to try since I got a taste (well maybe 4-5 tastes) of it at GABF 2010. It's really a great beer, though age will help the heat on this one.

A: Pours like motor oil super dark brown to black with a khaki head and some lacing. Was expecting complete darkness but it still looks great.

S: Awesomely complex, wow! Bourbon, definite sweet/heat of alcohol, lots of chocolate, vanilla, oak, sugary malt, leather, and more. AWESOME! I could not get my nose out of the glass. Such a present and huge aroma.

T: Taste does not disappoint. The smell and more! The other flavors I got besides the vanilla, bourbon, oak, malt etc. from the smell is an added salty teriyaki (that I get in Dark Lord as well) with other additions of candied dark fruits, chocolate milk, hot chocolate cake, a healthy does of molasses, coffee and some kinds of spicy hot sauce-ish notes (I like that a lot!). I love how ever next sip you get something different, almost like if you think of a different flavor to concentrate on you'll get that next time you sip. What an awesome flavor. Lives up to the hype for me.

M: Really viscous and coating, just what you'd want, although the alcohol heat prevents me from giving this a five. It needs some time to cool down and this will be perfect because I just love the carbonation level and the thickness of it now!

D: What a tasty brew. With time this will probably be a five for me also, if only I can get someone to trade me one of these! I've tried trading lots of stuff for this on here already and honestly I'm glad I never went all out to get one, as it is great great beer but not one to give all you have for. I'm so fortunate that I could get hooked up with this last night, it's a great brew! I may be planning to go to the release next year if I can! (2,188 characters)

4.82/5  rDev +8.3%

A-JET black, with a fat brown head, and some STICKY lacing that reaches for miles on my Bruery glass. Head lasts a long long time, and there are little bubbles of co2 heading up the side of the glass.

S- 2000 servings of nesQuik, bourbon, toffee, mocha, and anise.

T- Incredible, there is virtually no trace of alcohol in this beast, save for a little warming feeling on the far reaches of your palate. absolutely incredible beer. Last time i had a beer of this style and hype i was let down but this one is CARBONATED, but not overly so, and so complex it makes you wonder how a brewery torqued out a beer like this months after it was founded, and released just a year later....wow....mad props to Patrick who I had the honor of meeting at this release.

M- Sticky, foamy, lasting, complex, spicy, roasty, and very deceivingly toxic to your liver!

D- I had no idea a beer of this ABV could be so drinkable but in a tasting i would put this up against a port wine. Gave it a 4.5 because its almost like molasses in the finish. (1,031 characters)

look: 5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Pretty much perfect.
Peel the wax, find a comfy chair and enjoy.
Dark as oil, nose of sex, tasty as the day is long and a smooth, creamy mouthfeel.
Buy it, trade for it, sell you first born. (190 characters)

2010 Bottle, Poured in Tulip

Before i begin, this has been one of the best beers I've ever had. It pours a midnight chocolate with a beautiful inch-thick head. You can immediately smell the bourbon-barrel and chocolate/cocoa nibs. Also get some vanilla scent towards the back end. This thing tastes like Heaven. I immediately taste the dark fruit, chocolate and bourbon. Breathe while twirling the beer in your mouth and your palate will also pick up on some vanilla and slightt oak. Not too effervescent, and after every sip, I felt like an oil sheath of Black Tuesday was left on my tongue. In terms of drinkability, I would replace this with water if I could... (665 characters)

4.83/5  rDev +8.5%

BT2012...poured in to a Bruery snifter.

A - Black Tuesday pours that heady black sexy you anticipated, with a decent deep mocha head that makes you drool ever-so-slightly.

S - Smell-wise, I get booze-soaked chocolate coconut cookie...wait, someone make that in food form, I need to get my Wilfred Brimley on. But yeah, booze, sugars, a pinch of coffee, bourbon deliciousness.

T - So, there's actually a healthy amount of diversity going on here. Beyond that bourbon carry-over from the shnozz, the myriad of heady sweetness is outstanding: chocolate, vanilla, coconut, toffee, chocolate-cherry, butter, and vanilla-cocoa...I dunno...it's the tits.

M - I honestly think this tastes no where near 19.2...I mean, I dig the heat components, and it's certainly sweet, but it's also incredibly drinkable for all that's going on here; it's a bit 'coating' and most definitely a sipper. It's also delicious and way too easy to drink.

O - I can't say I was let down here in any capacity. In fact, this beer exceeded my expectations. It betters as it warms a bit, with sweet, potent complexity assuming the best of everything within this bottle with a coat of beer-sexy on your tongue. Giddy-up. (1,192 characters)

Black Tuesday from The Bruery