Black Tuesday - The Bruery

2011: 18.3% ABV
2012: 19.2% ABV
2013: 18.9% ABV
2014: 19.7% ABV
Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Black Tuesday Alström Bros
Ratings: 3,248 | Reviews: 632

2010 edition, split with friends and poured into a snifter

A: Dark, dark brown but not quite black as you can see through the edges of the glass. There was a 1 finger light brown head that faded quickly leaving about ½ a crown. The head had fairly poor retention, even for the style and there was no lacing.

S: There's bourbon up front, but light and nice. There's some etoh on the nose in the middle as well as a little caramel. To me this actually smells more like a bourbon barely barelywine than a stout. I think that's mostly due to the high ABV. There's also a strange lemon/ginger smell at the finish.

T: The main flavors here are licorice, some bourbon, and an aftertaste that consists of a little bourbon, a little booze and a smidgeon of toast and vanilla. As a side note, there were very little flavors of coffee, chocolate, caramel, maple, or other flavors typical of a stout.

M: First, I didn't think this was nearly as thick as it has been made out to be. With that being said it has a great mouthfeel and is on the thicker side as far as imperial stouts go.

D: Considering the extremely high ABV this one went down fairly easy, but with notable alcohol in the aftertaste. I would definitely have it again, but to be honest was a little under whelmed given the enormous amount of attention this beer gets.

4.02/5  rDev -11.6%

Special taster at the Bruery Provisions. Served in a tulip glass.

A: Jet black, no head, but nice lacing. Can't see through it, can't see carbonation.

S: Wowza. First off boozy. The high alcohol content is evident, with a brandy sort of smell. Vanilla, some fruitiness to it.

T: Boozy again, but that's to be expected. Very wine or brandy like. Hits hard with the boozy punch, but settled back with a smooth fruity and vanilla aftertaste.

M: Full bodied. Consistent.

O: Not my type of beer, but I can see why it is so popular.

4.02/5  rDev -11.6%

Poured into a red wine glass. The color is black with a nice medium tan head. this looks good.

The aroma has a nice dose of vanilla with loys of dark fruit. Bendurgin mentions cinnamon and I notice that too.

The taste is very sweet with a good portlike flavor. I get a lot of raisin in the flavor. Pretty good, but it might be a bit too sweet for many. The alcohol flavor is well integrated in this one.

This is of course a full bodied slow sipper with subtle carbonation. I like this. I would get it again.

4.02/5  rDev -11.6%

Review #201 (right after Kate the Great on the same day)

A: Pours medium thick with minimal head, though this was split 4 ways into snifters and poured slowly. Color looks to be dark brown, not as black as I expected. Lacing is minimal but as expected for such high ABV. 3.5

S: Smell is pretty dominant on bourbon, but isn’t as intense as straight Kentucky bourbon. There’s also a decent overlay of chocolate and toffee. The melody of flavors really come through as it warms too. 4

T&M: For such a high ABV this goes down real smooth. There is some throat warming but it’s complimentary and not too overwhelming. Taste is sweeter than I expected, but consists of Bourbon, chocolate, toffee, a little bit of raisin. Very nice. 4 / 4.5

O: Overall this was a pretty good RIS. Not as thick as I was hoping for, but the barrel aging component of this beer was damn good. A little sweeter than I expected, but this doesn’t detract from the overall experience. In fact, I liked it that way. 4

4.04/5  rDev -11.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 3.5

Footbalm brought this along with a plethora of rare beers to the weekend RIS tasting... Thanks Eric.. Classy.

No real head as expected.. but it pours like motor oil.. coats the glass with every swirl.

Nose is thick with every element pronounced yet not very melded... dark chocolate syrup.. quite alot of bourbon.. raisins and dark cherries.... oaky in later pours.

Flavor is immediately reminiscent of Bourbon County but with alot more sweetness... boozy brownie batter .. vanilla sugar.. bits of coffee are drowned out by dark sweet fruits drenched in chocolate sauce.. Full bodied with a nice carbonation, but each sip makes me wanna go brush my teeth.. too cloying for my tastes.

Eric.. I appreciate the opportunity ... We had plenty of BT in Denver this year, and while I think it is very interesting, I still view it as more of a novelty.. That said, I REALLY want a bottle or two to hang on to for a few years and see how it melds... it seems like a bit of a mess right now.

3.5/4.5/4/4.5/3.5

4.04/5  rDev -11.2%

Picked this up from a great trade with Mike! (2012 vintage) An aggressive pour yielded no head or lacing with a rather flat looking pitch black body. The nose was huge and amazing. Tons of bourbon, oak, and roasty chocolate along with hints of vanilla, booze, espresso, and a touch of black licorice and soy sauce. The taste follows suit with huge notes of dark chocolate, bourbon, oak, and vanilla along with hints of booze soaked black cherries, espresso, molasses, port wine, and leather. The mouthfeel is thick and syrupy and boozey and hot. There really was very little tangible carbonation. Overall, I've had this at tastings several times, but this was my first actual bottle of it. And although it's bold and full of flavor, it's so hot and boozey that it really detracts from the experience of drinking such a big beer. I drank this over the period of several hours and the booze was just relentless the entire time. I think I'll keep my other two bottles in the cellar for a while and see what happens...

4.04/5  rDev -11.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

A - I am actually quite impressed for the ABV that this holds some carbonation, even though short lived resulting in just a mild lace ring I got a 1/8 inch of mocha head. Again I am surprised its not pitch black as it has some ruby hues to that base of the darkness.
S - Smell is very inviting of black currant, some port wine, and a heavy dose of bourbon. I can pick up mild notes of cocoa and dark fruits but it's faint.
T - WARNING the 2012 batch is boozy as hell. Even when warmed the bourbon notes smack you in the face then sweeten the tongue with one of the most heavy doses of caramel I ever tasted. When I get past the booze (very hard to do) It has an almost marshmallow like candy sweetness (and I love sweet beers) with what can only be described by me is a lashing of sugar plums and licorice. Very little chocolate (I could see why they made a version with cocoa nibs) or roast. As others described it's like a wine and I guess I was born to hate it since I can't stand wine.
M - Heavy if you swish this in your mouth prepare to gag a little bit as the bourbon is one of the most strongest I have ever encountered. As it warms to a near room temperature (55-60 degree's) it's almost unbearable of the level of bourbon.

Overall I shared this with my brother and even though he is not a craft beer drinker he helped me with 8oz of this. As I type I still have 2oz (of my 16) and it's so hard to choke down. I guess it's true that some people rate things higher when they pay the "rare" cost.

4.05/5  rDev -11%

Chocolate, coffee, bourbon, booziness. More bourbon than I care for, more chocolate than I require, and the coffee was OK. Black, small head, a ring of lace. Lots of coconut flavour, not unpleasant. All of the above are liked more by others. Some vanilla, it is very rich and smooth, I am highly preferential to Kate TG and even other imperial stouts in the ratings race.Thanks Tom for hooking me up with a 2010.

4.05/5  rDev -11%

Bottle courtesy of RoyMunson.

Pours a very dark brown, damn near black in color. A nice mocha colored head on the pour. Looks very inviting.
Smell is dark molasses, some tobacco, and a little bit of alcohol in the nose. Smell is good.
Taste is incredibly smooth and creamy. Did I say creamy, this beer is absolutely ridonculous.
Plenty of roasted molasses, with a very nice dark chocolate flavor, milk shake material.
Plenty of hotness and alcohol coming through in the flavor. This is a good beer, but I doubt it's worth what people are giving up. I would take Vanilla Bean Dark Lord over this beer easily.

4.05/5  rDev -11%

DVelcich invited a few BAs over to share the bottle he acquired. (Did it cost him a growler of Captain Krunkles? I don't know, but he is a generous souls for allowing a few of us a chance to try it).

I did get a chance to sample this one at Dark Lord Day, but I never got to review it.

I poured this into my Duvel tulip--

It isn't as dark or viscous as I was expecting it to be. It is a very deep brown in color, not black at all, but it has very large bubbles of a tan head that disapaited ather quickly and settled into a little whispy cloud of a thin cap of bubbles... But the bubbles are enormous in size. I did give this a rather vigarous pour to get some kind of head, and I've been swirling it every now and then to see the legs and release some volatiles.

I first smell a really big boozy/whiskey presence. It just has to be the alcohol level-- which is noticable in the beer, but it isn't kicking your ass, it's actually very nice the way the alcohol bite melds in with the choclate and vanilla notes that I'm getting out of this one. A whole bunch of intense dark flavors with a lot of english toffee and even some coffee. Very nice nose, and very delicious. Swirling it around my mouth really opens up that alcohol warming sensation that is working quite well with this brew. On the taste you do get some coffee and some chocolate with a little vanilla and toffee in there as well.

Very nice taste, and surprisingly well-balanced for being as strong as it is. The 8 ozs I had is more than sufficient in terms of how much I would want to drink of this beer. I would honestly have no interest in trying to take down a whole bottle of this beer, but I mean that not as put-down of the beer, but rather a sad comment on the realization that I am in fact a wuss. (At least on this particular day-- where this was opened up 9/10s of the way through a pretty big and bold tasting party).

I do feel lucky to be given another chance to try this beer again, so big props to Dan for inviting me over!

On the mouthfeel, you really get that this a full thick stout, and that it actually is thicker than it looks. It looks thinner than it feels.

As this warms, I am getting even more of that roasted malty goodness.

Overall-- I'm going to say that this is a great beer-- but as far as all the hype-- I think that the ABV is the real reason this has become a bit of a whale. They do a great job creating a flavor profile around the huge ABV, as opposed to trying to cover it up. It is worth trying, and I'd like to see all of the hoarders give up a few bottles here and there to guys willing to let others in on a tasting.

4.05/5  rDev -11%

Thanks goes out to ___ for providing the bottle, went into some small snifters and split with friends. Review 475.

Midnight sky black with some dark muddy spots towards the edges. The beer pours thick and oil like and just looks like some gooey syrup. You may want to put some plastic down on your couch before enjoying this near 20%er, things could get tricky. Not really any head, save for a few small patches of brown bubbles. Nothing in terms of lace but there is a brown dirty film that remains on the glass.

Smells like sweet heaven. Black Tuesday has a bold nose, and it reaches far from the glass. An equal amount of roasted malt and chocolate attack the senses, opening my eyes. A nice vanilla base and minimal coffee. The bourbon is huge and makes me smile. BT smells like a souped up Bourbon County Stout mixed with a small bit of World Wide Stout, but with even more malt sweetness. Some molasses and licorice. The alcohol is masked very well but it's not 100% out of the way.

Tuesday is big, It's huge in fact. The two main tastes is dark rich chocolate and roasted malts working in unison together. Under that is more malt giving off more sweetness plus caramel. Expensive bourbon makes a move next and leaves my mouth a bit hot and boozy, but im loving it. The bourbon shines with temp. changes. Some oak from the barrel. Surprised not to get a lot of coffee out of BT, it's very minimal. For a beer this size I was expecting some soy sauce, and i got some but just a touch, phew. Molasses and more malt in the finish, this stuff is big.

The alcohol is masked well but I can still tell it's there easily with a slight hotness, it's small and not in the way. BT is thick and viscous, chewy and RAW. Kind of goes down like a light syrup while taking small sips. This has a certain slickness going down leaving all the ingredients on the tounge, and then finishing with some hot booze. The bourbon seems to be sticking around the longest.

Slowly and surely I will make it through this darkness. BT demands some time and patience and a plate of assorted chocolates to heighten the experience. Spread the love and share with a friend or two or you may not make it into work the next morning. For the amount of alcohol and sweetness this beer is very approachable. I believe that while aging this may do something to the taste and heat, it wont exactly benefit greatly as it's huge and great right now

Black Tuesday actually reminded me of some of those big foreign stouts including some Mikeller stuff, Dark Horizon and the like, only with the American twist of doing it even bigger.

2009 edition

Super inky black color (as expected). Thick & with viscous lacing left around the glass. Thin layer of tan head.

Aroma is almost pure bourbon - it comes through so strongly that you really can't pick up much of anything else (possibly some hints of vanilla).

Flavor is a bit better with the maltiness fighting its way through the bourbon a bit more than in the nose. The sweetness makes itself known as well. Not bad by any means - I just prefer a bit more complexity.

Mouthfeel is great - the thick feel of this one really works well for this beer.

The finish is (not surprisingly) very strong and boozy - can't imagine I'd be able to put way too much of this stuff - its a big bold bourbon bomb of a beer so if you like that sort of thing you will LOVE this.

Recommended, but maybe a bit underwhelming - just not as complex as I'd hoped for - maybe with more time the bourbon would chill out a bit and mingle in with the other flavors but for me that overly bourbony aspect detracted from my overall enjoyment of the beer.

4.05/5  rDev -11%

2011 bottle courtesy of forgetfu at our crazy Antwerp tasting. Thanks Bill and everyone else for an amazing night that will long have a special place in my heart and liver. Sampled next to a 2012 Chocolate Rain, in a 50-50 blend of the two and even mixed with a lambic (which was dead gorgeous). Yeah, that's how crazy things got.

A: Pours a very dark chestnut brown going into black. A half-finger head disappates almost immediately, so the high alcohol is definitely noticable in the pour.

S: Not the aroma explosion I expected it to be, but that might be a good thing. Molasses, bourbon, brown sugar, dark and milk chocolate and notes of dark roasted malt. Subtle but enticing.

T: And that's where any subtle qualities in this beer are stopped dead in their tracks. The first thing that hits you is sweet bourbon, molasses, Japanese soy sauce and dried biscuits. Very little in the way of roasted malts, but enough to keep it from being clawingly sweet. The booze is very prominent throughout the whole experience, not only in the finish where I'd like it to be in my big stouts. It's very clear this beast could still do with some aging and won't be at its prime until at least another two years, which I guess is why people are raving about the 2009 bottling right now. As it stands, this is just too hot.

M: Very low carbonation that is only just enough to pull it out of the realm of syrup and remind you that you're drinking a beer. Creamy and smooth. I do think this beer would benefit from being a little thicker, but I doubt that was the effect they were going for with the amount of alcohol in it.

O: "Diabeetus in a bottle" is how I've seen a lot of BA's refer to it, and I see why. The penultimate sharing beer, as it constantly balances on the fine line between a barrel aged big stout and alcoholic syrup. If you have a similar palate to me and like your coffee and dark chocolate as well as your sweetness, you'd most likely go for a Bourbon Barrel Aged Plead the 5th. Though I must say that Black Tuesday is A LOT more balanced than say a Dark Lord, I feel sad to say I won't be counting it amongst the best stouts I've ever had. At least not in its 2011 form. Maybe a bit of age will work wonders on this beast. That 2009 bottle in my cellar is looking mighty tempting now...

4.07/5  rDev -10.5%

After having multiple times I guess it is time to put this one in the books. Thanks to corby112 for the most recent sharing of this one in the form of a 2009 vintage bottle.

A-Deep, dark, brutally black. Highlight? What's a highlight? A thin reddish tinged head quickly dissipates to a wisp of retention and leaves no lace whatsoever. Foam does reform with a bit of invigoration.

S-Fat dose of bourbon goodness up front with dry oak and sweet vanilla taking the center stage. Dark roasted malt, dark chocolate, eel sauce and dark cherries struggle to rise up out of the alcohol heat ooze.

T-Massive bourbon laden roasted malt, dark chocolate and dark fruit batter the palate with a non stop barrage of alcohol soak flavours. Massively complex with just so much going on it becomes hard to concentrate.

M-Medium-heavy to almost chewy bodied with a strong alcohol burn and LONG lingering flavours.

D-For 18+% it is surely more drinkable than expected but it becomes tedious and uninteresting after awhile. I don't think I could ever drink an entire 750 ml bottle on my own without some money on the line. Good? Sure! Life altering, no!

4.07/5  rDev -10.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 3.75

A-Pours far from what I was expecting. Instead of a pitch black, viscous beer, it pours lighter than I expected. The body looks almost oily. Dark brown and somewhat thin looking but somehow very oily looking as well. Didn't get much head.

S-A giant whiff of boozy bourbon and all sorts of dark, concentrated maltiness. Loads of fudge and brownie. Some dark fruit and more spicy bourbon and even some vanilla.

T-I really have to applaud this beer for its exceptional integration of alcohol. I was expecting a tongue-sizzling wave of booze but it's surprisingly not nearly as aggressive. The bourbon notes are as powerful as in the nose. The fudge and brownie and other chocolate descriptors all flow across the tongue. Light soy sauce. Vanilla attributed to the bourbon. A big dose of dark fruit as well.

M-Oily, like it looks. Obviously hot. Should be far less drinkable. It's intoxicating in more ways than one. It really wraps you in and begs for more sipping. Super sweet and sticky.

O/D-Lucky to try this one. I enjoyed it but was far less enamored than most. I appreciate Black Tuesday's epic delivery but would not consider it to be anyway near one of the best beers I have had.

4.07/5  rDev -10.5%

Poured from a 750 mL bottle into a tulip. 2010 bottle, from notes.

Appearance: In my tulip, Black Tuesday lives up to its name, being black all the way through with just a slightly lighter edge if I tilt the glass to make it thin enough.

Smell: Lots of gooey dark chocolate and fusel alcohol, with a little coffee and a fair amount of dark roasted malt to back it up.

Taste: Each sip starts out very sweet and feels boozy going down. Molasses, dark chocolate, some vanilla, and brown sugar add further sweetness to caramel and roasted malt flavors.

Mouthfeel: This has a very full body with medium carbonation. Although, I wonder if it would be possible for a beer with this thick of a body to have any more carbonation or whether the body would simply crush it. There is definitely a full burn going down, which is slightly unpleasant because it feels unnatural. There is no bourbon or other flavor that accompanies it, it is just there for its own sake.

Overall: This was a good beer and I think the Bruery executed what they wanted out of this beer, but I think it is just too over the top for me.

2011 Vintage (18.3% ABV)

A: Dark as night with a medium brown head: think caramel or toasted almond. About two fingers that quickly receded to a ring of film that rested around the walls of the glass.

S: Initially the nose is dominated by bourbon (really pleasant vanilla notes) and a considerable amount of heat; there is a decent amount of oak that lingers in the background.

T: Big bourbon notes upfront, which are followed by a considerable amount of bitter dark chocolate/caramel sweetness; a bit of dark fruit is showcased out the back (raisins/figs/sweet plum).

M: light carbonation with a syrupy consistency.

O: "Its too much of a heavy muffin." However, there are really interesting flavors being showcased in both the taste and aroma. If the beer was toned down a notch in the alcohol department, it would really allow all of the other aspects to shine at their full potential. One last note: as the beer began to warm, the sweetness increased exponentially.

*Anything in "quotes" was said by my girlfriend.

4.08/5  rDev -10.3%

Much thanks to Adam for busting this out at our tasting.

Pours a jet black with almost no head, not surprising, looks intimidating, all the rumors must be true....

Aroma is some vanilla and oak, a pretty good bit of gooze on the nose. Roast malt comes through in a big way. Pretty hot and equally as intimidating as the appearance.

Taste is big and intense, very hot. Vanilla is evident, along with a big roast character. It's surprisingly sweet, from beginning to end.

Mouthfeel is extremely thick and it really coats the mouth and lingers long after the sip. I think this one will age well but its kind of hot and intense now. Without the hype, I doubt it would get such high numbers.

4.08/5  rDev -10.3%

750mL bottle 2010 batch, poured into snifter reviewed on 8/27/11

A: Pours a dark brown, not black as the name seems to imply with no head or lacing left around glass, which is to be expected for a beer this big.

S: Lots of alcohol which is hard to get past. Hints of toffee, chocolate and bourbon are detectable behind all of the alcohol.

T: Lots of roasted malt with toffee and chocolate notes with oak, vanilla and some coconut from the bourbon barrels. Lots of alcohol.

M: Very full body, low to moderate carbonation and finishes very sweet.

O: Very unique brew, too much alcohol in the nose takes away from the experience but tastes quite good, especially as it warms up. Nice warming after each sip..

4.09/5  rDev -10.1%

Thanks to Dyan for bringing this to our recent tasting. Put together in a side-by-side with Chocolate Rain. Bottle is from the 2010 vintage.

Thick and viscous, just as the name implies. It pours with no head, a thick tar-colored liquid that splashes its way into the glass without producing even bubbles. However, surprisingly, around the edges, there is a garnet/brown/ruby hue that appears in the presence of some backlighting.

The aroma is big and bold, just as I expected. Lots of soy sauce in there, along with dark chocolate, warm booze that may be just a bit too much at this point, and some vanilla. Bourbon and the oaky and also extract-like vanilla come through to round out the aroma, but they are still competing a bit too much with the high alcohol for my taste.

The flavor has all the balance that the aroma lacks. Bourbon, oak, and vanilla, interplay beautifully in front of the prickly alcohol heat. Some soy sauce and dark fruit oxidation yields dates and prunes that work very well with the barrels. The soy sauce doesn't detract from the beer one bit, and in fact, I think it helps to enhance it.

There is a prickly alcohol presence with due to the gravity of this delectable brew. This isn't so much balanced, per se, but rather well proportioned, as nothing with this much bourbon, booze, and barrel characteristics can strive to be anything more balanced than this is

4.09/5  rDev -10.1%

2012 Vintage. 75 cl. bottle sampled. Exited about trying this one finally, this has been a long time want of mine.

Huge gusher, seriously why? Almost 20 % ABV, really weird and really irritating.

A: Black, basically no head.

S: Huge sticky molasses nose, sweet sugar, alcohol, vanilla, very sweet, very sweet, nice,…

T: Lots of caramel, vanilla oak, sweet molasses, brown sugar, creamy, very sweet and very simple, no complexity and terribly exiting honestly. Finish is almost pure alcohol in the finish, light bitter herbs, sticky bitter stuff, quite sticky stuff, bit burn, near pure alcohol,… Seriously it is like they made a very simple RIS and poured some vodka in here, really drags this one down for me personally.

B: Flat, oily and sticky whole

It wasn’t a bad beer per se but it fell tremendously short of its reputation. It is very expensive, hard to get & it is nowhere near even my top 100 RIS’s. Simple, ridiculously, boozy, I really, really do not get the appeal of this beer.

Apparently as it turned out this works really well when blended with fruit lambic.

4.09/5  rDev -10.1%

750 ML bottle poured into a Bruery Tulip (what else should it have been :)

Thanks to Nicks6217 for the bottle 2010 version

Shared with several Sydney area BA's

A-- Slight gusher on opening, poured a dark cola color and settled black (honestly thought hunaphu was much darker in color). No head at all just touches of cola looking film. Obvious ABV legs, though not as oily as hunaphu was. Carbonation?? Yeah, none present.

S-- Chocolate, bourbon, vanilla, oak, dark fruits, Carmel and maple syrup. Well hidden ABV in the smell.

T-- Vanilla, bourbon, chocolate syrup. Sweet and sticky.

M-- Sweet, oily, and thin?? Really sweet and slick but thin as heck. German chocolate cake soaked in wine and bourbon. Not nearly as hot as I was expecting.

O-- Had no expectations on this and it was impressive. No way I could drink a 750 on my own. Found it to be enjoyable and interesting mostly due to how complex it is. I thought very similar to Bourbon County Vanilla but much smoother and more complex.

4.09/5  rDev -10.1%

Shared by Newtonty, thanks man!

A: The pour has a black base, with a swirl of dark roasted head. Lacing is a viscous oil that coats the side of the glass.

S: Stinging bourbon attacks the nose, followed by an onslaught of sweet malts. You can tell this beer is going to be massive just by smelling it

M/T: Medium, oily body coats the tongue and the roof of the mouth. Next comes the sting from the high APV drying out the pallet, only to be finished by huge maple flavor. The maple flavor is very sweet and overwhelming after the 3rd swallow. The taste is too reminiscent of other big bourbon stouts out there.

D: Huge alcohol, malts and maple. Couldn't drink too much of this. It appears to me that the brewer threw everything in the book at this beer and left nothing left to chance. Huge alcohol, huge bourbon, huge malts. There is nothing subtle about this whatsoever. Doing so, I think it lost some appeal with me. I think its smoother than other big dogs out there, but I am not getting on the hype train with this one.

4.09/5  rDev -10.1%

2012 vintage. Waxed 750 ml bottle. Served in a CCB snifter.

A: Pours an opaque black color. Pretty still with no head. Like motor oil.

S: Boozy chocolate liquor with some bourbon notes and some chocolate covered raisins. Fusel alcohol notes on the finish with some heat.

T: Boozy milk chocolate. Pretty hot. Bourbon with some caramel sweetness. Alcohol notes.

M: Heavy bodied with an oily and slick mouthfeel. Heat on the finsih. Medium low carbonation.

O: Big and boozy as expected. Not as sweet as Chocolate Rain so I liked this a tad more.

4.1/5  rDev -9.9%

’11 vintage shared by Chris at the District. Black pour. Licorice nose. Sweet caramel, dark malt, toffee flavors, kind port like with a boozy finish. Good stuff....

Black Tuesday from The Bruery