2 Turtle Doves - The Bruery

2 Turtle Doves2 Turtle Doves

The Bruery visit their website

Belgian Strong Dark Ale |  12.00% ABV

Beer added by: Overlord on 10-12-2009

2 Turtle Doves is the second in the 12 Days/Years of Christmas Series. We decided to take our inspiration from the name and base the beer on the "turtle" candy, brewing it with cocoa nibs, toasted pecans, caramelized sugar and a lot of caramel malts. Somewhere between a Belgian-style Dark Strong Ale and an Imperial Porter, this beer is designed to take the journey through time until 12 Drummers Drumming.
Ratings: 435 | Reviews: 249
Reviews by rapidsequence:
4.3/5  rDev +6.2%

750 ml bottle. Its been waiting in the cellar for an unimportant night like tonight for almost three years (I think it came out prior to Christmas 2009).

Apperance: Very dark brown, almost black. Little light passes. Light brown head with good retention and some lacing.

Smell: Big time chocolate and much more nutty aroma than I thought would come through from the toasted pecans. The more standard plum, raisin, etc dark fruit smells of a BSDA are there in large quantities, but behind the cocoa. Its a little bit of a weird combination. I smell no alcohol.

Taste: The flavor integrates better than the smell. It really works well. Again lots of chocolate and nutty flavor with a solid dark fruity, yeasty BSDA backbone. Sweet, almost cakelike. I really like it.

Mouthfeel: Its a pretty big mouthfeel, very soft and smooth carbonation, a little creamy.

Overall: This surprised me. Definitely a success. Well done.

4.08/5  rDev +0.7%

Poured from a 750 into a chalice style glass.

Pours practically black with a little hint of translucence when held to the light. Very active thick foamy light brown head that stuck around for quite a while. Very good lacing.

Complex and dense aromas of dark chocolate, something nutty, and something else that I can't quite describe. Taken in at once it sort of reminds me of a fruitcake. I know, weird, but in a pleasant way.

This brew hits your mouth with a very heavy dark roasted flavor that wrestles with a some big chocolate tastes. There are so many other flavors going on too in lesser degrees, but they come together in a way that works. Other flavors are dark fruits, caramel, some toasted nut, and perhaps a little bit of raisin. It all finishes nicely leaving a bit of that cocoa in the throat with a little bit of warming. Nice.

The mouthfeel is a bit heavy and a little slick. The carbonation gives nice contrast to that slickness and they work together well.

I found this to be very enjoyable and loved the complexity. In the beginning it seemed like my glass could never be big enough to hold such a fine brew, but by the end of the glass, I was weighed down so much I thought that perhaps a glass or two at a time is enough. I've never had a beer that tasted like this and I very much enjoyed it. If you are a fan of the dark Belgian's or even a heavy stout, give this one a go. Very good!!

4.42/5  rDev +9.1%

Large bottle, w/o bottling date, which would be a nice touch for a bottled beer that can be aged for up to 10 years, according to the label anyway....pours near black, long lasting very dark khaki fluffy head, medium collar and typical light lace bits. Bold nose of dark chocolate, dark malts, some warming boozeness. Big, bold, brassy, ballsy and complex offering. Lots of dark chocolate, dark malts, 12% in evidence on nose and back of the tongue, but not overly hot or boozy. As it warms, the dark and bitter chocolate oozes out and coats the mouth. heady and quite delicious...."suitable for aging up to 10 years"...yeah right, I had this in the fridge for two days and I'm glad I cracked it open tonight.

3.73/5  rDev -7.9%

well another very intoxicating beverage by the bruery! i got this on tap @ naja's place in redondo beach california! @ 8 dollars a glass i had two beers and speech started to slur wow! well the beer poured off a dark brown almost mahogony color and a thick tan head! the taste was not one of my favorites but good! i could taste a lot of nuttiness and chocolate with hints of caramel! the finish was slightly bitter and the beer wreaks of alcohol! the mouthfeel was okay i think it was served too cold!!! as far as drinkability i rated a 3.5 just because its too sweet and cant drink alot!!

4.05/5  rDev 0%

Bottle (2009)

Downtown Johnny Brown's
San Diego, CA

(Aged for 2 years)

Murky dark brown pour with dark ruby edges and a moderately sized dark khaki colored head that leaves the glass messy with sticky lace.

A nice combination of aromas including candied pecans and chocolate. I'm surprised at how defined, authentic, and delicious the pecan aroma comes through in the aroma. There's also lots of dark fruit character, like fig and black cherry.

The candied pecans make up a big portion of the flavor profile as well, with dark chocolate and black cherry flavors complementing it nicely. Impressive and delicious. There is a touch of oxidation, but it doesn't necessarily harm this beer. Zero alcohol presence.

Medium to full bodied with moderate carbonation.

Very glad I got to try this one and happy it's held up as well as it has.

4.48/5  rDev +10.6%

This was my first beer from the Bruery and I was very impressed. It was a shared bottle and the smell was a bit overwhelming but the taste and drink ability were amazing, which everyone agreed on. This was a great holiday beer and I look forward to next year's edition.

4.03/5  rDev -0.5%

Appears a dark brown to black opaque hue with cola highlights, beautiful fine bubbled effervescent four finger thicket of head forms. These bottles got some carbonation going on, lacing is fine and even definitely in the Belgian style. This is my first run in with this bruer and there's definitely a nice layer of hype surrounding the experience. That's not a bad thing, but the frenzy to get the last release Partridge in a Pear Tree get's to me especially in the trading forums.

Aroma hits my nares with a sharp sweetness and soothing roasted pecans, a nice vanilla and oak like charred roasted malt character blends nicely. That dark roasted malt note with the cocoa nibs is really nice, the dark chocolate is there with a nice layer of fruitiness a bit of sweetened cherries with caramel and nuts. Complex to say the least, the amount of carbonation does indeed tickle the nostrils as well, it makes you want to giggle like the Pillsbury doughboy. Faint herbal hops do show up in the nose especially as it warms a bit.

Flavor is blasting with complexity again the sharp sweetness seems to coat the entire mouthfeel, with a layer of acidity from the dark roasted malt and cocoa nib additions. It's got a dark black roasted coffee edge with welcoming fruit dark cherries, caramel, and again mild charred oak even though I know this one hasn't met a barrel yet. There's just too much sweetness and carbonation to actually detect the hop bitterness or flavor, but the dark roasts blended with the dark roasts also has somewhat of a medicinal cherry syrup flavor. Basically due to the 12% abv, I think this aspect will mellow especially for those crazy types willing to hold on to this until the 12 Drummers Drumming release, I wouldn't say the heat kills the flavor profile right now but I'd prefer it to more on the mellow side. This one will warm you up this winter, grab a cigar and a couple extra bottles so you don't have to treat this like a holy grail ale. I think the pecans come off more in the nose, while the bottle has more of an oily bitterness from the nut additions.

Mouthfeel is medium to lighter bodied with a heavier note of carbonation, oily resins from both hops and nut additions. The finish leaves a bitter acrid old coffee water flavor with the acidity from dark chocolate as the mouthfeel after each sip. This is one aspect of the brew that really didn't sit well with me especially in the last of my pour.

Drinkability overall was okay definitely a nice brandy snifter/chalice sipper right now, serve this as an after dinner beer this Christmas and spin some heads. A special brew with big features that should tame with time. Definitely a beer that will have no problems holding up to the test of time if cellared properly, I would have a hard time drinking this in quantity definitely split with at least one friends or do yourself a favor and find a group of beer lovers to share this beauty with.

4.33/5  rDev +6.9%

Bottle purchased from Green's on Ponce in Atlanta.

Pours black with a two-finger light brown head. The head slowly recedes into a thin layer on top leaving thick lacing.

Smells of dark chocolate, roasted malts, sweet pecans, and earthy hops, in that order.

Tastes similar to how it smells however the flavors have a bit more body than I would have guessed from the aroma. Slightly roasted malt flavors lead things off and are joined quickly by unsweetened chocolate. Midway through the sip a sweetness that is slightly nutty (I can attribute this to the pecans but unless I read the label I'm not sure I would have guessed). Near the end of the sip slightly leafy hop flavors make an appearance before a mildly bitter ending. The alcohol is hid surprisingly well and mostly shows up only as it warms on the way down.

Mouthfeel is good. It's got a solid mouthfeel with grainy carbonation.

Drinkability is very good. I finished my glass quickly and could have another.

Overall I have to say this is my favorite seasonal I've had thus far from the Bruery. The flavors meld together well, kind of a cross between an RIS, BSDA, and American Brown. Well worth a shot.

3.85/5  rDev -4.9%

Aged for one year and poured at cellar temperature into a goblet.

A-Dark brown pour with only a raisin colored highlight at the edges when held to the light. Creamy tan head that settles rapidly.

S-Pungent chocolate, caramel, a hint of dark fruit in the background.

T-Turtle candies? Yeah, I see that. Chocolate is clearly the backbone here and appears twice, once at the initial sip in a bittersweet form, then again at the back end of the finish but much sweeter. The midrange gives way to some darker fruits. Peeking its head throughout the palate is a slight sour apple that provides an interesting counterpoint. Nuttyness is here too, but I'm guessing that I'm extrapolating a bit on this from the whole pecan cluster thing. Alcohol present mostly in a warming way. This blends together well, but could benefit from some additional age. Glad I resisted the temptation to open this last year but I will wait a few years to open my other bottle.

M-Feel is good, but I'd be looking for a bit more of a robust creamyness that what is present here...not bad mind you, and certainly not overcarbonated like so many Belgians, but it doesn't blow me away.

D-If you are a sweet beer fan you might like this, and I do, but I'm not gushing over it. Glad I tried it, glad I have another aging, but I don't think I will go out of my way to buy another if I come across it. Not to make a commentary about this brewery based on the three beers I have tried but it all seems a little over hyped, and most certainly over priced.

4.16/5  rDev +2.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4

750 poured into tulip glass.

A - Dark mahogany with a ridiculously think mocha head that eventually settles to a think tan head.

S - Chocolate, somewhat nutty, not picking up a lot of malt. Doesn't smell like a typical Belgian

T - A very good tasting beer, though again I'm getting hung up on the Belgian designation here. A nice chocolate flavor, some roast, this actually tastes like a tame Imperial Stout to me. Alcohol is well masked, slight sweetness in the finish. I'm not picking up any hops.

M - Thick mouthfee with a solid carbonation. Bit of a dichotomy but it works very well.

D - Very well balanced, since this does pack a punch in the ABV, 750 ml is more than enough in a sitting and is a beer I defiantly will o back to. Great tasting beer, not sure if I'm buying the Belgian Dark tag. The score is high on this beer because it looks and taste great, but if I were rating to style, I may be at a bit of loss,

4.1/5  rDev +1.2%

HUGE thanks to James for hooking me up with this bottle!

A: Pours a deep brown color with a tan color head on top that reduces to a bunch of rather large bubbles on top. Very thin sheets of lacing form on the sides.

S: Some sweet dark fruit up front, raisins, figs, and plums. There is a bit of dark chocolate and a little bit of roasted malt. The nuts come through as well. Finishes with dark fruit.

T: Lots of the nutty/pecan flavor come through right away and mixes with some cocoa and dark fruit. Some sweet raisins and figs as well as some caramelized malt round it out. The dark fruit is rather sweet, almost like fruit cake sweet. Surprised at how nutty it is, but not in a bad way.

M: Full bodied with medium carbonation. Rather smooth. The 12% has died down a bit, doesn't really show its face.

O: Liked it a good bit. Probably my favorite in the series (compared to 3 and 4).

4.13/5  rDev +2%

750 ml bottle served just cooler than cellar temp into a goblet.

2 Turtle Doves is a Coca-cola brown on the pour with good clarity evident. The head that develops is thick and long-lasting.

The aroma is sweet and rich with big malty base. There are nice roast and spice notes as well. A bit like a Belgian quad with a hint of stout.

Flavor is big and robust as the aroma suggests. Again, the roast really stands out more than expected. Sweet up front with dark fruits and chocolate in the middle, roasty finish.

Mouthfeel is medium-full bodied with moderate carbonation. Good balance and the alcohol is well-hidden.

Overall a very good Belgian strong dark (stout).

4.26/5  rDev +5.2%

An absolutely gorgeous thing. Color is dark chocolate/ebony, maybe not pitch black, but only a shade or two lighter. The head reminds of Three Floyds' Dark Lord. Not name-dropping for the sake of it, it really does have a similarly creamy toasted golden color that lasts longer than any beer of its alcoholic magnitude should. Wicked slashes and splotches of lace here and there.

Aroma? It's "West Coast, meet Belgium...Belgium, meet West Coast." There a distinctly west coast American craft vibe here, I guess it's that intensely herbal smell -- can't really call it a super hoppy smell. How about breezy and green? That's closer. Chalky yeast, nutty exterior and deep cocoa/dark baking chocolate essence points to those beloved big, dark Belgians. An interesting melange.

The flavor is a big nutty thing slathered in chocolate, with prickly, dessert-y spices injecting boisterous life to the beer. The alcohol acts as a firm foundation of warmth and strength underneath it all. Graham cracker is faint in the background. Finish is dominated by a struggle between fudge-like chocolate and a healthy mineral bite.

Texture is full and creamy, a bit sticky, but very buoyant and tingly on the tongue, with every sip seemingly made of a billion tiny bubbles. (No Don Ho jokes, please)

I was waiting for a beer like this from The Bruery, and I will continue to seek out their stuff. Orchard White was good but not a knockout punch; Black Orchard was interesting, but better in theory than practice. Black Tuesday I can't hope to find. 2 Turtle Doves? Simply outstanding. What's 3 French Hens gonna be like...?

2.59/5  rDev -36%

Virtually black, molten dark ruby topped with a glacier of slowly receding tan floe.
The nose is all port booziness, dark chocolate, and especially chalk board astringency-- the unfortunate byproduct of the interplay between the yeast and the rambunctious carbonation.
Basically, it's chalk at first and chocolately booze as it sits and warms.
Not what I was hoping for. But it's better than what I'll get.
It hits the mouth and explodes with hot fudge-drenched espresso beans. Way roastier than I was prepared for, but I can dig it. Some dark breadiness, with pinpricks of spiciness from either the yeast or from rye along with gentle notes clove and vanilla. All that is well and good, but it's quickly becoming a bubbling doomsday caldera of cocoa. It's all chocolate at the expense of everything else. People are screaming as it speeds towards their habitations. The cooling magma burps up port wine and gaseous fumes of booze. Fizzly and sizzly and eruptive up front, it grips and it sits and it cloys after a bit and it coats and it won't go away, and it preserves every horror to be memorialized eternally. It's fucking Pompeii all over again.

This is all excess. No finess. No depth. No nuance. Just shock and awe...and it does neither for me.

It reeks of the worst of Southern Tier's "candy" beers. If you are a fan of those, here's a sibling.
I'm glad I only bought one, as I doubt time will alter this much. You all can have the rest of this overpriced hype volcano.

3.98/5  rDev -1.7%

I well enjoyed this one, found in Phoenix. Dark colour with some head. Pleasant aromas. Above average mouthfeel. On the sweeter side, with good characters of the coco, pecan nuttiness, yeast and very pleasant Belgian. I did not detect the alcohol. Dangerously drinkable.

3.85/5  rDev -4.9%

On-tap at BoHo. Served in a generic tulip glass.

Seal brown liquid with auburn highlights near the bottom of the glass. Thin fairly creamy desert sand head which settles to a persistent collar, but reappears when agitated. Fast running, fine, even-sized bubbles form the lacing...not what I would expect from a Belgian style even on tap. Slick lacing.

Subdued aromatics: malt and nuts with hints of dates, and something which brings to mind a Belgian bock almost. Inoffensive, but surprisingly little going on.

Caramel, malt, fresh light roast coffee, with a touch of golden raisins on the palate. Hints of vanilla or banana. The pecans merge with the roast notes into the moderately dry finish. Really lacks the yeast-derived flavors I would expect though...

Well carbonated (but where is the head - maybe at 12% I'm expecting too much?) - warming but not at all hot.

Well balanced, but too simplistic in some ways for the style. Curious to try this in the bottle, especially with a couple years of age on it. It is pleasant enough on-tap now, but not exceptional...

4.4/5  rDev +8.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4

750ml bottle, Riley's - very excited about The Bruery being available in Madison

appearance: poured into an unmarked chalice - dark mahogany body, huge foamy chocolatey cap and strong retention

smell: plum, raisin, dark fruit, alcohol, dry nuttyness, brown sugar, vanilla

taste: rich and well layered - cocoa, plum, woody booze, vanilla, brown sugar, dark belgian yeast, toasted pecan. i like this a lot as a holiday-seasonal

mouthfeel: alcohol has a bite, substantial carbonation keeps the body relatively light for the abv

drinkability: hindered by abv presence

4.65/5  rDev +14.8%

Picked this one up at Perry's in Livermore around Easter. All it took was a quick glance at the label and this beer had me hook, line, and sinker: Belgian-style dark ale, cocoa nibs, toasted pecans. Hell yeah.

Bruery-standard 750 mL bottle poured into a tulip.

Appearance: Pours a very dark amber, like the color one sees in a high-sugar-density syrup obtained when evaporating the sap of a Vermont dark maple. Tiny air bubbles eventually find their way to the surface to form a thin ring which, in all honesty, has me a little worried about the carbination of this one. Definitely not typical in a traditional a Belgian dark. Broken strands of lace scattered across the glass.

Smell: Sweet! (in both a literal and figurative sense of the word). One whiff and this one already had my sweet tooth and taste buds all riled up. The best that Belgium has to offer: candied dark fruits (raisins and figs), bruised banana, breads, dark caramel malts, carmalized turbinado sugar along with a blast of pecans and chocolate, as promised. If this beer tastes as sweet as it smells, I better start putting money away now for my next dental appointment cause I'm going to have some cavities that need filling.

Taste: Alright Bruery, the jig is up. How the hell did you know I always have a piece of chocolate hazelnut cake with my Belgian darks? Well, regardless, thank you saving me a trip to Ester's German Bakery because this beer gives me the best of both worlds in one shot. Every flavor identified in the aroma can be detected by my taste buds, and my taste buds are thanking me at this exact moment. Not to mention my dentist as well.

Mouthfeel: My suspicions were spot on. The lack of carbination in the pour unfortunately equated to more or less a "flat" feel in the mouth. The only thing saving this beer in this particular category is the sticky and chewy sensation I got while rolling it off my tongue. The sensational flavors that lingered in my taste buds following the swallow didn't hurt either.

Overall: If there ever was such a thing as a "guilty pleasure" with respect to beer, this one is at the top of the list for me. I simply just don't know how to explain it. Normally I don't like my beers too sweet, but this one just worked. If you see this one lying around in your bottle shop, GET IT. You won't be disappointed.

4.02/5  rDev -0.7%

750ml bottle

A- Poured into a snifter. Pours a dark brown color with a light tan colored head with nice lacing around the glass.

S- The aroma is awesome. I love big malty beers. The bready aroma features a lot of chocolate malts, rum soaked fruits, roasted nuts and caramel.

T- The taste starts out incredibly smooth and full bodied with a lot of sweet malt, caramel, nuts and chocolate flavors. The finish does pack a good dose of heat from the alcohol, but it does not overpower the beer.

M- The mouthfeel is medium bodied with a good amount of carbonation.

D- The high ABV makes this one a sipper, but it is a great sipping beer as it slowly warms in the glass. Overall, 2 Turtle Doves is a beer that I would definitely purchase again. Recommended!

3.57/5  rDev -11.9%

Two Turtle Doves is a dark chocolate or mahogany color. A bit of light cuts through around the edges and reveals some nice burgundy highlights. Carbonation looks quite active. A very careful pour yielded a head that stands two fingers tall. It's quite slow to recede. Lacing is sticky, but is very, very light. Eh. Maybe too much alcohol.

The nose is good, but is a few steps shy of great. It kicks off with a nice cocoa-laced chocolate malt scent. There's a hint of sweet caramel. It definitely has a slight fruitcake vibe going. It's a little earthy and grainy. Light dark fruit is noted, in addition to a touch of spices. I can't identify the exact spices, but they don't smell like typical holiday spices. Alcohol is noted, as was expected. It smells good. Nothing more, nothing less.

The flavor is a little less satisfying. It has a solid malt base that consists of cocoa-esque chocolate and caramel malts. The caramel variety is the weaker of the two and is only slightly sweet. Dark fruit flavors of plum and raisin follow. They're secondary, and add a bit of a tangy twist. It is a little fruitcake-ish, but not as much as I expected. Earthy and spicy notes follow. There's a little pepper, clove, and anise to make things interesting. Unfortunately, I'm not getting much Belgian yeast. That's disappointing. Alcohol is a little harsh in flavor. It has a slight warming effect, but isn't hot. Finishes with a mix of chocolate, alcohol, and a dark fruit tangy twist.

The body feels light-medium, but feels a little more substantial as it warms. Carbonation is definitely active and slightly buzzy. It really doesn't have a bad feel, but it is rather average for the style. More heft would certainly help a great deal.

Two Turtle Doves is an interesting beer. How is it? It's pretty good, but I honestly was hoping for more. The flavor really is pretty good, but could easily be improved with more of a Belgian yeast presence and a little less alcohol. It also feels too thin, and needs more body. As a BSDA, it's alright, but doesn't come anywhere close to competing with the best the style has to offer.

3.75/5  rDev -7.4%

On-tap at Liberty St. Tavern for $5 a goblet. It appeared dark brown with a short head. The initial aroma is sweet, fruity booze, followed by roasted grains. The flavor is a little too rich with bitter fruit. There's good complexity, but the balance is off. The dark fig and dried cherries notes fade into dark chocolate and smoke before a too dry and bitter citrus rind and floral tang - just not pleasant. Good beer, but needs some refining.

4.32/5  rDev +6.7%

Pours a surprisingly dark brown; nearly black. Fluffy tan/brown head that retains briefly before settling into a thin film, and eventually into a tiny crown.

Nose stings the nostrils a bit - notes of chocolate and pecans. Taste brings the same notes, with some added complexity - dark caramel and roasted malts. Leave a significant bitter cocoa aftertaste that lingers. I would give this a 5, but I'm not really fond of dominatnt aftertastes. Mouthfeel is fairly medium bodied and noticeable moderate carbonation, but the general feeling is smooth. The alcohol is very well hidden - I can't say I ever really noticed it. Extremely impressive for a 12% brew.

This is an intense brew, which limits the drinkability - but if you're determined, you can down this fairly quickly. It took me about two and a half hours to down the whole bottle at a fairly leisurely pace.

Very interesting brew. My only detraction might be the significant aftertaste. Other than that, this is an excellent, challenging beer. Very reminiscient of a stout.

4.14/5  rDev +2.2%

Poured into my chimay goblet. still need to get a tulip glass

A: Very dark brown leaving about a quarter inch of head that dissipated quickly but a thin layer of foam remained on top of the beer.

S: Toasted nuts and chocolate come out nicely and are really enjoyable. I could see how this smell can be hit or miss but it is very appealing to me. The roasted malts blend nicely with the pecans and cocoa nips. It is much more stout like than belgian dark ale.

T: Chocolate up front followed by toasted coconut, almonds and pecan. The chocolate is very much the dominating flavor with only a mild amount of fruity esters present in the finish. Again, this is much more like an oatmeal stout than anything else.

M: Big bold and rich flavors. Good creaminess and no booziness despite the alcohol.

D: A very nice sipper that would go great with dessert in my opinion.

4.25/5  rDev +4.9%

pour was a nice thick dark brown with faint hint of plum. little to no head.

lots of dark fruit, sweetness, light chocolate and raisin.

nice moderate sweetness through out. the toasted pecans really held out through this as well. nice faint light nutty flavor. lots of chocolate and dark fruit such as fig and raisin.

fairly thick body, mild carbonation. very filling and a bit chewy.

this was delicious and thanks to whomever brought this (i forget who brought this), it was a treat. at 12%, i do find a trace of heat.

4.32/5  rDev +6.7%

Tried this at the Bruery the when this was first released and bought a bottle there which I recently broke out at a tasting. JohnC from RateBeer was there that day and seems to have beaten me to the first rating on there, as did Overlord on here. Bummer. Oh well, I'll always have Indian Wells Spicy Pumpkin.

The little Catch-22 with this beer's name that Overlord described happened to me. I went to the Bruery with my girlfriend, and upon entering asked which bottles were available. They informed me that they had -bal aged Autumn Maple, 2 Turtle Doves, Papier, and some other stuff that was neither -bal aged nor exceedingly rare so I sort of tuned out for those. My girlfriend freaked and said, "They only have 2 Turtle Doves left! Better get one now!" I think she was ready to dive in front of the beer cooler to stop anyone trying to reach for a bottle. I explained to her that the beer was called "2 Turtle Doves" and that there were a bunch of them in there. This one cost $11 at the brewery.

A - Pours black with a large foamy tan head and good lacing.

S - Aroma is great: chocolate, dark fruits, nuts, and sweet dark malts.

T - Flavor is caramel and roasted malt, rich chocolate, candied pecans, prune, raisin, and spice. Complex and very good.

M - Palate is medium-full and smooth with medium carbonation.

D - High for the style and ABV. Another very good beer from the Bruery.

2 Turtle Doves from The Bruery