Fruet - The Bruery

FruetFruet

The Bruery visit their website

Old Ale |  15.50% ABV

Unlike previous anniversary beers, ALL Fruet is 100% bourbon barrel-aged.

(Beer added by: MasterSki on 04-23-2012)

CaptainNomihodai, Feb 20, 2013
3.99/5  rDev -10.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

2012 Bottle. I'm really excited/nervous to try this.

A-dark brown. looks quite murky. thin tan head

S-very strong smelling!! thick dark caramel and a lot of dark fruits. quite boozy. definitely has the bourbon barrel aspect to it.

T-comes in with a very thick flavor, the same as it smells except with a bit more of bourbon flavor. it's a wonderful flavor and is very smooth. the alcohol hardly touches the tongue. matching after-taste with mostly caramel. it's all very smooth.

M-thick low carbonation with a wet finish

O-considering the ABV, this is about as smooth as it gets. Truly the taste itself is just okay. it's definitely complex but the flavors themselves are just mediocre. Really the only thing I have to really complain about is the fact that I spent $30 for this bottle. I always put down big bucks for Bruery beer, and most of the time it's for beers that I've had multiple times. For me, you really can't put a price on trying a new one, I'll pretty much pay whatever it takes...but that doesn't mean I'll ever buy another bottle. For this beer, I definitely will not. I'm glad I tried this to kill the suspicion, I'll even finish the bottle with a smile, but I can find many other better ways to drop $30 next time I go to the store.

AdamBear, Feb 20, 2013

3.75/5  rDev -16.1%

dman5400, Feb 10, 2013

smekermann, Feb 10, 2013
4.94/5  rDev +10.5%

Consumed 2/9/13 we poured this beer into a Rogue Santa's Private Reserve flute.
Appearance: is a deep brown with a nice ruby red shining through at the bottom of the glass. Head was very little and dissipated quickly but was toffee colored while it lasted.
Smell: Wow that smells delicious! From the bottle its oak, vanilla and dark fruits battling. Poured into the glass the aroma destroys and I get more oak with an intense bourbon/fudge blast that is just mind blowing!
Mouthfeel: I think its a wee bit thin because of the alcohol percentage but it is almost spot on. Fuck my life this is a good brew!
Taste: At 15.5% this beer is "slammable" with a pleasant burst of booze to set it off. ABV is definitely not an issue I could drink this all day if it wasn't actually 15.5%. Nuttiness is very pronounced with a young sherry or port finish. Not overwhelming like Utopias or anything its really balanced and delicious.
Overall: We threw a splash of it on each of our 3 Filet Mignons that we were pan searing... This is the most outstanding BB Old Ale I have ever had, I can't believe the %, the $ and the flavor. Will definitely be seeking out more of these and you should too!

shuntstout, Feb 10, 2013
4.71/5  rDev +5.4%
look: 4 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

A-Pours a cloudy, hazy strawberry brown with a nice off white head that lingers for quite a while.
S- Smells so complex, lots of caramel, burnt sugar, smoke, oak, apple cider and bourbon.
T- Wow, what a complex monstr of a beer. More like a cognac. Tons of sweet caramel, bourbon, brown sugar, juicy raisins and so much more. This beer is so complex it would take pages to desribe it. Lingering aftertaste make it a sipper for sure.
M- Feels thick and dense, sticky sweet and creamy.
O- Overall one of my favorite old ales and I can`t wait to get a vertical going.

kirok1999, Feb 10, 2013

Azrael, Feb 09, 2013

dipaguy, Feb 09, 2013
4.74/5  rDev +6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

Split this with my wife tonight.

Served in a wine glass.

A: Poured a maroon color, VERY cloudy, without much head to speak of.... maybe a slight of white sillouette of a head.

S: Coconut bourbon scent which buried the fruit (isn't coconut a fruit?). My wife said it best: "Smells like a Kona Coffee coconut macaroon minus the coffee."

T: Tastes like a coconut macaroon, through and through. Not the fruit presence like "Cuir," not the booze of "Coton." Never tried Papier before. The sweetness gave it sort of a coconut pie-esque flair , along with an uber sweet "Chess Pie."

M: Sure, this was sweet, but it was so awesome in that respect. Dessert city! Only the slightest sliver of carbonation.

O: Is my review for this one going to be higher than "Cuir?" I guess I need to check that out now. Pretty awesome....

Chaney, Feb 09, 2013

beernads, Feb 08, 2013

jegross2, Feb 08, 2013
4.2/5  rDev -6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

- Bottle#16855. Labels claims contains alcohol. 15.5% to be exact. 100% barrel aged. Sampled between 58f-64f as recommended.

A: Strong carbonation presence within a coal black body. Bready dark khaki head sits a finger high and stays the course eventually settling to a creamy milky covering.

S: Big wiff of burbon upon uncapping. Burbon tones are very evident with some prunes, sweet dark fruit and black coffee. Licorice and anise hints also come about.

T: Boozy burbon, you feel the entire 15.5%abv on this one. Creamy coffee, sweet dark fruit and some toffee sweetness. Silky vanilla laced roast, incredibily smooth with some licorice and anise and burnt grain sweetness. Sweet figs, molasses and sugary raisins only add to the sweetness of this drink which is a bit overpowering at times.

M: Silky smooth texture, incredibly smooth velvety, medium bodied with a warming of burbon and dark fruit sweetness.

O: The label states this contains alcohol, and that is an understatement. This beer shows its alcohol and sweet nature at an early age, only wish i had a bottle to age of which the label claims suitable for decades. Very sweet and boozy, must drink at recommended temp and consider splitting with a friend. Slow sipper alone and very sweet.

beerthulhu, Feb 08, 2013