Apocalypse IPA - 10 Barrel Brewing Co.

Apocalypse IPAApocalypse IPA

10 Barrel Brewing Co. visit their website
Oregon, United States

A Northwest American-Style IPA. The color comes through as a deep gold with orange hues. Fruity and citrusy hop aroma shines, with hints of pine resin. The four hop flavor dominates, re-enforcing the aroma with more citrus, fruity and piney notes. The malt character is clean and smooth with a unique toasted flavor (thanks to the generous helping of Victory malt), all held together by a firm bitterness. Apocalypse has a medium-bodied mouth feel, finishing crisp and dry. All of this results in a very drinkable IPA.

(Beer added by: Patrick on 10-31-2009)

TheFlern, Oct 04, 2013

Pdrufo, Jun 14, 2014
2.15/5  rDev -44.6%

A: Pours an orange color, huge head like most of the glass huge...about 5 finger widths.
S: Smells like an English IPA, maybe Kent Golding hops? Slightly earthy/grassy
T: Slight grassy hoppiness, not much malt balance here.
M: Too overcarbonated, light bodied beer
O: You shouldn't have to wait 5 min for the head to go down so you can drink a beer....seriously overcarbonated. The taste really wasn't impressive at all either...probably wont get this again.

loren01, Jun 18, 2011

2.6/5  rDev -33%

Poured from a 22 into a tulip

A - Light copper, thin foamy head, lively carbonation

S - Pine hops and medicine on the nose

T - Finished quickly, no lingering taste. Quite unimpressive profile. Alcoholic and tinny. Grapefruit appears after a few sips. Grassy. Finish is truly lacking, even watery.

M - The beer itself is creamy but with the sharp carbonation it just doesn't mesh to well for me.

O - Of course I wished for this beer to be great, while it is not terrible, I don't think I would purchase a 22 again. However, I would try it on tap for draughtness sake.
Too alcoholic to be quaffable. Leaves the back of my tastebuds puckering.
katelovesbeer is sharing the 22 with me, not reviewing on the site tonight, but does like it. I may be alone in this one?

coastiefish, Mar 28, 2011

fredmugs, Jan 20, 2013

sharpski, Feb 15, 2012

JoelClark, Aug 03, 2014
3.08/5  rDev -20.6%

NOt a bad beer overall. The appearance is as expected for an IPA. Rusty gold color and an adequate head. Smell hints at hoppy goodness. Taste is a little bit of a let down. Mouthfeel is good. A decent beer but not a beer I will be driving to Oregon for tooo often.

NoHipTee, Jul 30, 2012
3.13/5  rDev -19.3%

Tried this beer at 10 Barrel last christmas up in Bend while i was visiting a friend. Wanted another shot at it so he sent me a bomber, thanks Tony! Poured into my Stone IRS snifter.

A- Pours a very attractive red/copper color with a very fine off white head that looks to be creamy, as if it was poured nitro tap. Interesting.

S- On the nose, pine, a little bit of citrus, grass, some malts. Nothing too crazy. I remember it being much better on tap, not disappointing though. I think my favorite part of the smell is the fact that its bringing me back to my vacation.

T- Not very hop forward in my opinion, malts up front, followed by a kindof unpleasant bitterness with a lingering bitterness on the back end. Piney tastes with some caramel. Its definitely lacking in the taste department.

M- Thin mouthfeel, and as i guessed by the head, a little bit creamy. Low on the carbonation end.

O- I really love 10 Barrel Brewing. I enjoyed their food at the pub and I like all of their beers. This bottled version of apocalypse was kind of a letdown. Maybe i had my hopes up too high after having it fresh from the tap with steamed clams at the pub, but this bottle was average at best. Worth tasting.

kmatlack, Sep 29, 2011
3.2/5  rDev -17.5%

Thanks Chad.
Poured from a 22oz bottle into my stone ipa glass.

A- Pours an orange color with copper hugh, what I would expect for a standard ipa. Leaves an off white head and decent lacing around the glass. Lasting bubbles that continue to the top.

S- The nose of this beer is fairly faint and subtle. First off is a nutty aroma I assume is coming from the malts then its earthy, citrus and some pine.

T- Off the bat the first taste is grapefruit that fades to a less distinct citrus flavor. Some slight grass and malt in the back.

M- Cabonation on this beer is on point and makes it very drinkable, quite a bit thinner then I have grown use to from ipa's.

O- Defenitly a beer I'd be ahppy to drink again, with the thinner mouthfeel this is a very sessionable ipa in my opinion.

BdubleEdubleRUN, Aug 17, 2011

LXIXME, May 09, 2013

GRG1313, Aug 06, 2013

Sazz9, Jul 05, 2014

Phi_Psi_OR_Beta, Jun 30, 2014

bvermilion, Sep 02, 2013

C_S, Aug 22, 2013
Apocalypse IPA from 10 Barrel Brewing Co.