ISA (India-Style Session Ale) - 10 Barrel Brewing Co.
Displayed for educational use only; do not reuse.
Ratings: 75 | Reviews: 17 | Display Reviews Only:
3.13/5 rDev -14.7%
Grabbed a bomber to try.. pretty sure this is a year around beer..
- Light and rather clear yellow beer, slight dust floaties throughout the beer. Minimal white creamy head.. leaves behing a small ring and a dusting on top.
- Light grainy and oat-like scent.. fruity hops, bit of citrus.. grassy and earthy backdrop.
- Light grainy flavor. Zesty bitter hop, grassy.. very bready finish to it. Overall not too bad, but it does have a slight funky flavor to it. Grain husks, earthy must.
- Well carbonated, dries the mouth a bit. Nice smooth body, probably this beers highlight is the mouthfeel.
- Overall it has some great flavors, and won't get you hammered if you drink a bomber. But this beer is too close to a homebrew to really stand out.
05-09-2011 23:40:14 | More by Docer
3.4/5 rDev -7.4%
Clear golden colour with a small, white head. Fair head retention. Some lacing.
Bitter, grassy hop aroma with slightly nutty malt notes.
Mild malt flavour with a big, grassy, dryhopped flavour. Bitter and yet somewhat dull.
Medium body with moderately-low carbonation. Good.
A nice, bitter session ale that while not entirely exciting, does the trick.
10-09-2011 01:24:18 | More by dgilks
3.41/5 rDev -7.1%
Poured from a bottle into a pint glass.
Look - dark tan/golden color, slightly murky, with about two fingers' worth of light khaki-colored foam that disspipates slowly.
Smell - understandably hoppy-smelling. The aroma seems to contain Cascade hops mixed with something else. The Cascades might even be dry hops.
Taste - normal bitterness of an IPA, but it does have a mellow feel that helps the bitter initial bite flow into a softer thirst-quenching middle. There is a slightly bitter aftertaste, but not overwhelming.
Mouthfeel - pretty well-balanced, not too creamy, not too light.
Overall - not a bad brew at all, but doesn't seem intensely intriguing. Still, not bad for just being something good to drink.
06-21-2013 03:23:45 | More by Nerudamann
British Columbia (Canada)
3.43/5 rDev -6.5%
Had this on tap at the Ace Hotel in Portland and I thought this was a good lightweight IPA made for the summer. The hops were there alright but the mouthfeel was light and the finish was smooth and easy. Still PNW in profile this is a good drinking beer that kind of tastes like Twilight ale from Dechutes
06-09-2011 16:45:07 | More by canucklehead
ISA (India-Style Session Ale) from 10 Barrel Brewing Co.
83 out of 100 based on 75 ratings.