Belgium Wit - Baja Brewing Company

No picture uploaded.

Baja Brewing Company visit their website
Mexico

Witbier |  ABV ?

(Beer added by: lisomiso on 09-05-2011)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters

TheConnMan

03-14-2013 13:47:10 | More by TheConnMan
lisomiso

3.93/5  rDev +8.9%

No really, the beer list said "Belgium Wit." Served with an orange wedge. Gotta keep the people happy I guess!

Looks just like the Blond (and the Razz for that matter), if a touch cloudier. Still remarkably clear for an unfiltered Witbier. Light straw colored.

The aroma's overpowered by that damn orange, even once I get rid of it. Some Belgian yeast character comes out, some frutiness, some spice - coriander? - and then... a strange hint of smoke?

Once I taste it: seriously, there's gotta be some smoked malt in here somewhere. It's very tart and refreshing, very savory. I like it... I don't know what to make of it, though! It's almost like a smoked Berlinerweisse? A tart rauchbier? I'm intrigued!

The tartness, while enjoyable, maybe doesn't make for the best beer: it clashes a bit with the bitterness on the finish, and I think it makes the mouthfeel a bit thin. But I would drink this again! I want to spend more time with it.

(The bartender actually tried to keep me from writing a review for this one. He said it's changed over the years and "it's not what a wit should be." True. But still, I liked it.)

09-05-2011 03:22:38 | More by lisomiso
Belgium Wit from Baja Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.