The Flying Saucer Draught Emporium
Taps: 70 / Bottles: 150
Cask: Y / Beer-to-Go: N
Ratings: 32 | Reviews: 23 | Show All Ratings:
Reviews by JonathanL7890:
3.63/5 rDev -9.9%
vibe: 3 | quality: 3.5 | service: 3 | selection: 4.5 | food: 4 | $$$
Most of this review was from Jan 14, 2008 -- They opened Jan 10. I've added a few comments though.
- Parking not bad -- it was a Monday, though.
- Comprehensive, well organized beer menu.
- Waitress was clueless about the beers ( but cute). Woe to the casual beermonger that needs help in making a decision on what to drink.
- They should post the % ABV on the menu. They had Avery Mephistopheles as a guest beer (16%!!) Somebody should know that before buying.
- My friends LOVED the UFO club. They were intent on drinking the 200 beers to get their saucer on the wall and the free T shirt.
- The bratwurst was disappointing. Poorly warmed bratwurst , kinda greasy. Covered up by lots of kraut and mustard. Roll was nice, though.
- Bratwurst and Abt 12 is not a good pairing.
- I guess they'll have outside seating when it warms up.
- I had a Brackenridge 471, Abt 12, Franziskaner Hefeweizen, and Racer 5. Only the Abt 12 had 1 finger of foam the others had absolutely no head.
- They really need to increase the CO2 pressure on their gas. All the beers are stadium pours -- absolutely no head. I've had some beers that were kind of flat also.
05-13-2008 17:34:36 | More by JonathanL7890
More User Reviews:
The Flying Saucer Draught Emporium in Austin, TX
90 out of 100 based on 32 ratings.