Wit's End - Sweetwater Tavern & Brewery

Witbier |  5.10% ABV

Availability: Summer

Beer added by: woodychandler on 08-05-2004

3.57/5  rDev -5.1%

I had this on-tap at the Merrifield location.

Served in a pint glass.

A: Poured a cloudy, unfiltered, diluted orange juice color without much of a head to speak of. Kinda surprising actually.

S: Soft, understated coriander component along with a bit of orange juice and wheat.

T: Nice spice component, with all the ones from the nose, along with a dash of white pepper.

M: A bit thin and under carbonated for my taste, but still ok.

O: This was good, but ultimately forgettable.

4.2/5  rDev +11.7%

I found this to be very pleasant. It was quite cloudy and very light on the tongue. It was a humid day when I visited and since I had walked a short distance, it struck me as very refreshing. The brewery's description mentioned that it was "spiced with Curacao, orange, and Coriander." The orange I can attest to, but as far as the C&C, I just do not know what they are supposed to impart in the beer. It was a very nice example of a wit and it was the perfect day to have one.

Wit's End from Sweetwater Tavern & Brewery
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.