Blanche - Microbrasserie La Chouape

Witbier |  5.30% ABV

Beer added by: ZorPrime on 05-25-2009

Reviews by ReFill31:
3.83/5  rDev n/a

500ml bottle poured into a pint glass. This beer is brewed near my hometown so I had to try this. Everything is made from their home farm also from hops to malt (everything is organic), so I had to try it!

A : When poured into the glass, there is a HUGE head coming on. I had to wait a little to pour the rest since it was approximately half beer, half foam. The foam looks fluffy. The light golden color is also a great sign. Can't wait to taste it!

S : Some wheat, bananas, citrus (orange). The smell is a great mix.

T : Wasn't disappointed! There is a light banana taste, some wheat, a light bitterness that balance it all.

M : Really enjoyable, a lot of bubbles.

D : It drinks itself easily, but I don't know why, I wouldn't drink another one right after. I would buy another one for another session though. I will try other beers from La Chouape for sure

3.48/5  rDev n/a

500ml bottle into pint.
A-Very cloudy dark straw color Nice fluffy head. Minimal lacing.
S- Smells great. Lemonade, wheat and hops. Watermelon
T- Wild berries, a boiled green vegetable... I'm having a hard time narrowing it down: broccoli? green bean? i don't know. Ends with a nice hop flavor and bitterness. Hidden clove.
M- Great carbonation
D- Not the most drinkable witbier I've had.

Something about it makes it a little sickening. But I enjoyed it and would buy it again.

3.5/5  rDev n/a

Bottle: Poured a cloudy beige/orangey color ale with a medium size white head with good retention and some lacing. Aroma of coriander and light orange peel with some noticeable malt presence. Taste is quite spicy with loads of coriander and some light orange peel notes with loads of wheat malt. Body is full with limited filtration and good carbonation. Very well done with good malt presence which sometime lacks in the style and maybe a bit too much spices though.

3.8/5  rDev n/a

Tasted on January 19th, 2009.

Tasting notes: Arome is typical witber, strong banana aroma. Color is pale yellow and hazy. Almost no head. The taste is mainly yeast and I don't get any bitterness. This beer is refreshing and has a good drinkability. The texture in mouth is mellow. Very nice.

As the other beers from La Chouape, the price is making it difficult to drink this beer often. It is more of a special occasion beer due to the price. I know I repeat myself... but it is a fact(see other reviews from me of beers from La Chouape).

3/5  rDev n/a

3.35/5  rDev n/a

It appears slightly watered down yellow hazy in color with a frosty head. It smelled of citrus and crackers. It tasted slightly lemon with some wheat aromas. The mouthfeel was light to medium in body, refreshing, and crisp. Overall a good beer witbiers are still one of my least favorite styles but I think this one is pretty smooth.

3.75/5  rDev n/a

Blanche from Microbrasserie La Chouape
- out of 100 based on 7 ratings.