Uncle Ed's Milk Stout - Bold City Brewery

Uncle Ed's Milk Stout
No picture uploaded.

Bold City Brewery visit their website
Florida, United States

Milk / Sweet Stout |  ABV ?

(Beer added by: CampusCrew on 02-24-2011)
Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

GarthDanielson

Poured from a growler while we were in JAX visiting, the beer was dark black with brown highlights when held up to the light. No head. The beer has a heavy, dark caramel and molasses nose. The beer's flavor is dark malty on a very dry and light body. There are also slight bitter flavors of coffee to balance the malt flavors. A quick and clean finish with a light, sweet malt aftertaste. The lightness of the body and the smooth, sweet flavors are surprisngly easy to drink. Tasty stout.

03-02-2011 01:29:02 | More by GarthDanielson
CampusCrew

4.15/5  rDev +14.6%

I had this at the Bold City beer dinner at Copelands. Wow, maybe one of the best beers they do. Lots of chocolate flavors and a great example of a milk/cream stout. Ed and brian really did a good job with this and I hope they decide to bottle/can this in the future. Love to see it in stores.

02-24-2011 03:00:45 | More by CampusCrew
EROlsizzle

2.68/5  rDev -26%

Had read the reviews before I went to the brewery, and so was anxious to try this. It was an inviting rich pour, and the sweetness was evident in the aroma. It tasted too sweet for my liking, however. Given the style, I was prepared for the sweetness, but I thought it was overwhelming and unpleasant. It left a sweet stickiness after I swallowed that I also didn't care for. This is not something I'd have again, although I don't think it was out of style or odd in any way.

03-11-2011 00:21:00 | More by EROlsizzle
edstansel

3.25/5  rDev -10.2%

04-10-2013 22:14:09 | More by edstansel
nickfl

11-15-2011 07:41:52 | More by nickfl
Uncle Ed's Milk Stout from Bold City Brewery
- out of 100 based on 5 ratings.