La Mouska - Brasserie d'Oc

La Mouska
No picture uploaded.

Brasserie d'Oc visit their website
France

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  5.50% ABV

(Beer added by: CrellMoset on 12-17-2008)
Reviews by bayinghound:
4.43/5  rDev +40.2%

I actually quite enjoyed this, though I probably couldn't drink it without food. When I had it, it was at a beer dinner. It was somewhat fruity, I think this would appeal to people who aren't into hops. I don't remember it being all that malty, the muscat was there for sure. I haven't seen this around too much in stores, a handful of stores in my area carry it. I only know of one distributor in Virginia who carries it.

bayinghound, Jan 17, 2011

illidurit, Jun 25, 2013

Beer bottle (33 cl.), tasted in 2008.

Appearance : yellow color, with white foamy head (not persistent.
Smell : Musky and floral aromas.
Taste and mouthfeel : fruity flavours, with alcohol presence (Muscat).
Drinkability : an average beer flavored with Muscat de Frontignan.

thierrynantes, Jan 18, 2009
3.2/5  rDev +1.3%

33 cL bottle courtesy of dkachur - thanks! Brewed with Muscat de Frontignan (2%), whatever that means. Split two ways, with my portion poured into a wine glass.

Appearance: Pours a hazy golden color with loads of active carbonation, a fast-fading, off-white head, and tons of yeast that settles out pretty quickly, forming a nice splatter pattern all over the bottom of the glass. Doesn't leave much lacing or film - very sedentary looking.

Aroma: Pungently sweet and fruity. It's obviously the Muscats, though it's reminiscent of and evokes a lot of other fruity notes, pineapple among the most prominent of them. It's not terribly complex, though it is pleasant, a little tart, tannin-esque, too.

Taste: Very bizarre. The fruit note is almost funky, deeply sweet, with lots of heavier sugars. Tons of earthy tannin notes, woody, florally, apples, pears, slight spice - white pepper, perhaps. It's an interesting combination, though a little offputting in its uniqueness. Almost white chocolatey in places.

Mouthfeel: Big and bubbly and thin. Not terribly impressive.

Drinkability: This is one strange beer, with tons of odd, not easily recognizable, funky flavors. I'm glad I gave it a shot, but I can't see myself going for it again.

CrellMoset, Dec 17, 2008
La Mouska from Brasserie d'Oc
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.