Already subscribe? to manage your subscription.

Cherry Adam From The Wood - Hair of the Dog Brewing Company / Brewery and Tasting Room

Cherry Adam From The WoodCherry Adam From The Wood

Hair of the Dog Brewing Company / Brewery and Tasting Room visit their website
Oregon, United States

Old Ale |  13.50% ABV

Beer added by: SirChugsAlot on 11-16-2008

Cherry Adam from the Wood is aged with locally grown black cherries in Bourbon and Sherry casks for 15 months.

First release - November 2008
Second release - November 2009
Third release - March 2011
Fourth release - November 2012
3.97/5  rDev -6.4%

An interesting and masterful creation. Dark colour with virtually no head. Cherry, bourbon and yeast in aroma. Above average mouthfeel, bulked up by caramel. Rich vanilla wood and cherry flavours dominate, the bourbon not far behind. Cannot discern carbonation. (261 characters)

4.16/5  rDev -1.9%

Thanks to black13 for sending me this one!

Pours an opaque crimson black with absolutely no head. No lacing on this one. Smell is of toasted coconut, raisins, prunes, vanilla, wood, chocolate, and some leather aromas. Lots of very nice smells coming off this one. Taste is of toasted coconut, vanilla, wood, dark fruits, cocoa powder, and dark cherries in liqueur. Very rich and complex flavors on this one. Unfortunately, this beer has no carbonation and is very thick and sticky in the mouth. Overall, this is a good beer that suffers from the lack of carbonation in my opinion. I am very happy that I got to try this one. (625 characters)

4.64/5  rDev +9.4%

A: Pours a bright crimson with a bit of brown murkiness to it. Not much of any head other than a tiny ring that sits around for a little while.

S: Whoa! Loads of complexity with sweet cherries, sherry, brown sugar, dates, raisins, wood, and hints of vanilla.

T: Very similar to the nose with the cherry a bit more muted and the sherry flavors really coming to the front.

M: Very nice and smooth. Delicious and medium-bodied with very low carbonation, which is perfect for the flavors.

D: Very high. I've got some of this reserved at a store I frequent and after sampling this at DLD, I am very excited to go and pick my bottles up. (637 characters)

4.15/5  rDev -2.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

very few beers can rival this one in terms of complexity and depth, its downright enormous, and is so unique in the corded american strong ale world, i love it. thanks to drlovemd87 for unselfishly sharing yet another bottle of exceptional ale with me. dark auburn in color, syrup textured, dead still, heavily sedimented brew. black cherry color to match its added fruit. intentionally flat, i think maybe the carbonic acid exposure over time on a beer thats meant to be cellared like this one may denature or corrupt some of the fruit character and smoothness, which is why, i presume, they didn't carbonate it. a nose of medicinal cherries, over ripe black cherries, and a whole heaping tone of sweet grain. toffee and coffee and dark chocolate covered dried cherry come out in the flavor, and I'm amazed how little the alcohol shows up. its so thick too, viscous and pushing gelatinous in terms of mouthfeel, but i don't want it to have bubbles. the decadence of the feel makes me inclined to sip on it, rather than hammer it, which allows it to warm up, and man oh man does it warm up beautifully. the grain is never lost, but the cherry is dominant i think, especially at temperature, and especially in the finish. it kind of reminds me of one of those home spun booze infusions with fresh fruit, where you forget about a jug of whiskey for a few decades loaded with plums or something, very grandpa-like. so much texture, its palate coating and increasingly cherry focused as it warms. wonderfully done beer here, like nothing else I've come across in terms of enormity and grace. as much a cordial as it is an ale. wish we could get their beer in colorado, i don't think anyone here does beer quite like this. (1,717 characters)

3.97/5  rDev -6.4%

Took the leap of faith and ordered a $28 bottle of this as my dessert beer on my 25th birthday last year. I was just hopin that it was going to be good, I'm assuming the bottle I had was from 2009. It poured out as a dark red color, the head... Was never there. No lacing at all. The smell of the beer was very wine-like. Strong barrel aromas, blended with cherries, and booze. The taste was a little tart but had a complex flavor to it from the cherry to the wood and then some nut flavors in the far background. The mouthfeel was a little watery I thought. A little too much like a red wine. The overall thoughts I had on this beer was that I didn't think it was worth the amount I paid. Sadly I think there are much nicer beers out there other than this for much less. However I am glad that I got to try it. I don't see myself ordering this brew again. (856 characters)

4.37/5  rDev +3.1%

Bottle: Poured a deep black color ale with some reddish notes and alight foamy head with minimal retention and no lacing. Aroma of bourbon and light cherry with a well rounded malt backbone. Taste is very complex mix of bourbon, cherries, smoke and tar with a heavy dose of sweet malt. Full body with limited filtration and no carbonation and almost no carbonation. Very complex and very satisfying - another great beer coming from a very creative brewer. (455 characters)

4.7/5  rDev +10.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Score updated to reflect the 2009 batch, which is rather amazing. Original 08 batch rated 4.25.

Extra from HopHead84. Pretty decent extra, I guess. Dark, nearly opaque brown body with a small tan head that clings strongly to the sides of the glass. The nose is an interesting mix of bourbon, leather and pipe tobacco with a touch of tart cherry. I was expecting a cherry onslaught, but that's not the case; the fruit is just another layer in a very complex beer. The taste is similar, with bourbon up front, lending vanilla, caramel and light tannins. Leather and tobacco follow, with cherries appearing mid-palate, simultaneously sweet and tart, leading into a dry, earthy finish. Incredible complexity on display here, another great beer from Hair of the Dog. (762 characters)

4.08/5  rDev -3.8%

2008 vintage, thanks to Jim, a true gentleman and scholar.

Into a goblet it pours a deep crimson brown. Mahogany with reddish glints in the light. A bare skim of foam at first, that fades to nothing soon after. It resembles a burgundy wine with a few bubbles strung along the edges.

Heavily oxidized nose, sherry, leather, black cherry.

Similar flavors, rich dark chocolate, tobacco, leather, cherry tartness. Supple and mellow feel, chewy with plenty of fortitude. Bourbon heat is minimal, though traces of the bourbon barrel do shine through in the taste. Cherries lend a tanginess in the background, while the oak tannins contribute a dry bitterness that linger in the finish. A slow sipper, a fine after dinner nightcap to share with friends. (752 characters)

4.47/5  rDev +5.4%

A big thanks to Jim for bringing me this bottle. I had been dying to try it and really did not think it was going to be possible, needless to say he suprised the heck out of me. Served around fifty degrees and poured into a wine glass, this one was consumed on 12/29/2008.

The pour was nice, with a very obvious reddish tone to it as it went down the glass. Very hazy and dark with a nice and subtle brown color to it. Not much head at all despite the vigorous pour and little to nothing in the way of lacing.

The aroma was steeped with cherries and classic bourbon like smells. Rich notes of vanilla and caramel along with a rush of dark fruits as it warmed. Carried this over very well into the flavor. Warming with big notes of bourbon and dark cherries that played off each other very well. Some light grains in there and a light, almost spice like note in the finish along with a long cherry flavor. Very rich vanilla mixing in now as I sip. Smooth, mellow, with not alot of carbonation as it should be. Easy to sip, I was very sad when this one was gone.

Overall I thought this was excellent, needs a little bit more carbonation, but again I have to say this one comes across excellent. Another winner here and I am very glad I got to try this. (1,253 characters)

4.74/5  rDev +11.8%

A terribly overpriced 2009 bottle shared with fellow drunkard t0rin0.

A: The pour is completely flat and dark blood red in color. Even with a vigorous pour, still not even a trace of a bubble.

S: The nose is full of rich chocolate, sweet and mildly tart cherries, bourbon, molasses, and nondescript dark fruits. An absolutely wonderful nose.

T: The flavors mimic the nose for the most part. The cherries are a bit more pronounced and have a touch more tartness to them than the nose would indicate. The chocolatey oxidation provides a great balance to the fruit and the oak, vanilla, and bourbon flavors really tie everything together.

M: Although the beer is completely flat, it still works out well. It's not syrupy, but does have some nice viscosity to it. The alcohol is warming without being hot or off-putting.

D: It wasn't quite worth the money that we paid for it, but still a fantastic beer. I'd love to try this again. (933 characters)

2.88/5  rDev -32.1%

Appearance: Pours out a very dark brown body (though some reddish hints at the far edges) with a few bubbles that never quite form a head.

Smell: Earthy-scented, oxidized, and boozy are my main impressions joined by empty, lacking notes of spiced, brown sugar mixed cherries and soiled, more-than-musty wood.

Taste: Starts sweet, then traipses off towards a muddied earthiness, a dash of soy atop crushed sourish, tangy black cherries, and some solvent alcoholic heat. Oxidized malts. Rank wood. Modest phenolic smokiness. Near-flat, sweet, cherryish finish.

Mouthfeel: Medium-light body. Very little carbonation present.

Overall: I'm sorely disappointed here. I was really expecting quite a bit more, instead, it's muddled, lacking, and rather non-cohesive. (762 characters)

3.84/5  rDev -9.4%

This was a 2009 bottle poured into my Hunahpu's snifter.

Appearance: The beer pours an opaque mahogany with hardly any head at all. The carbonation that was there initially goes away very quickly. This is a flat beer.

Smell: Sweet and malty with some bourbon heat. I'm definitely getting some cherry along with some caramel and vanilla notes.

Taste: Sweet malt, sweeter than the base beer. Some cherry with some other dark fruit notes as well. Some bourbon, but not much heat at all. Vanilla notes in the background.

Mouthfeel: The body is just on the thick side of medium. The beer is flat with a dry finish.

Overall: I thought this beer was good, but I enjoyed the base beer and the regular wood version more. I would have another though. (746 characters)

4.37/5  rDev +3.1%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

Yay, finally out of work for a week off for holidays. What better way to celebrate than an awesome beer like this. Thanks a ton to oregone for providing this morsel.

A super aggressive pour reveals that this is completely void of all carbonation, so no head forms at all, and the thick syrupy beer plops in to the tulip, rising up around the sides as I swirl and running long legs back down the sides, resisting movement quite a bit like the thickness of mercury, but as black wet tar, sucking in all light around it.

The nose is explosive though, loads of syrupy sweet dark malts just erupt, huge heavy crystal malts, roasted barley, black patent, carafa, etc. It has a big super dark aroma like it's sucking the light from my nostrils even. Syrupy sweetness is encasing this as well, like pure syrup, maybe a bit of caramel, vanilla, molasses, loaded malts and maybe malt extract even. A hint of baker's chocolate wants to sneak through and keeps trying. Eventually fruits make their way in, mostly darker fruits like a light fig, but there is a hint of Balotin cherry. there is also a bit of a boozy like aroma, and a hint of brandy. Reminds me a lot of one of the big imperial stouts, but I can't remember which one.

Taste, I can't wait... is not as dark as I expected. From the nose I was almost expecting an imperial stout, although this has the malt heaviness to get there, just much less on dark malts. Syrupy as my pancakes when I was 7, thick and malty, and quite sweet. The sweetness really dominates, sweet flavors with that, pure syrup, molasses, hint of caramel, almost chewy, and I kinda feel like I have to chew it just to get it down. More malty flavors kick in behind the sweetness and in front of the fruits, a light toffee and nutty almost flavor, hint of roast. This time more of the brandy like flavors come out, like a bit of booze, hint of bourbon, that brings fruity flavors with it. The fruits come with some boozy fruits, brandy soaked raisin and fig, and this time more dark cherry flavor. Not a huge typical cherry, more like a black cherry that you get from flavored booze, etc. A slight oak and some vanilla flavors as well as hint of baker's chocolate, that help to round it all off. A very slight acidic burnt roast flavor comes through, brushing on acrid but never going overboard. The finish comes with a bit of bitterness probably from the roasted malts, a sticky syrupy mouth that isn't quite as sticky as I expected and dries a bit, more fruits, cherry, vanilla, molasses, and sweet malts galore.

Mouth is quite thick and syrupy, coats everything and sticks mostly, but the carbonation is so low, I think it's pulling CO2 out of the air just to bring it back to 0. A very slight alcohol burn comes through on the throat, like a good whisky, but he sweetness overpowers and overbalances the initial booze.

Overall quite good, but lack of carbonation is a bit iffy. It drinks very well for being 10%, smooth. Lots of great malt flavors, nice fruits, dark everything, a bit too sweet IMO but I won't hold that against it since that's what it was going for and I don't usually have anything sweet. The syrupy feel is Ok but maybe just a bit too much as well, but then again it's no Dark Lord. if this had even a little bit of carbonation it would be out of this world. (3,307 characters)

4.32/5  rDev +1.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Thanks to googzoid10 for this, cheers Greg!

2008 bottle pours ebony with a sliver of mocha/dark chocolate head. Nice oily sheen to this, above average head retention & lacing

S: Leafy hops, figs & prunes & a tad of booze once warm

T: Dark cherry, figs, raisins, vanilla & oak up front. Bourbon & vanilla comes through as this warms, more dark cherry, a bit of woody & leafy hops, plus dryness, plus more figs, plus a tad of boozey warmth. Finishes with oaky drynness, booze soaked cherry

MF: Rich, chewy, with near zero carbonation, port-like

Drinks pretty easy with nicely hidden abv, another winner form HOTD! One that will probably be better with at least another year+ on it IMO (687 characters)

4.39/5  rDev +3.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

First had: bottle from Apex, Portland, OR

This bottle of the '11 batch traveled home with me from Portland (along with some of its friends). After chilling for about 30 minutes, I poured this into a Kasteel chalice. Thick, dark brown / bloody maroon, with no head to speak of, just a few stray bubbles around the rim. I would liked to have seen a little head on this, but considering the ABV and the contents, I guess it's just not possible. Aroma heavy with black cherries, raisins, chocolate, booze, bourbon-soaked oak. Taste was equally as big, with a strong boozy sensation right up front, followed by a massive infusing of cherries covered in dark chocolate. Enter mid-palate: raisins and dried fruits, grape skins and sherry, following by a drowning bourbon sensation complimented by the barrel oak. I was surprised at the longevity of the dark chocolate taste. Smooth and heavy mouthfeel, full-bodied; booze is tasted and felt. Well-crafted and delicious! (963 characters)

4.47/5  rDev +5.4%

From 6/12/10 notes. Big thanks to nimbleprop for sharing this one, thanks Mac.

a - Pours a dark brown color with a reddish tint and no head.

s - Smells of cherries, other dark fruits, oak, vanilla, and malts. Very enjoyable.

t - Tastes of vanilla, oak, cherries and other dark fruits. Great mix here.

m - Medium body and no carbonation. Very smooth and easy to drink.

d - This is a great beer that I enjoyed a lot. I really enjoyed the mixture of cherry, wood, and vanilla in both the smell and taste, and would love to get a bottle of this. (546 characters)

3.97/5  rDev -6.4%

At the time of this review, this is the #8 top Old Ale on the beeradvocate.com best of styles list. Bottle shared by Thorpe at a recent barleywine tasting. 2011 version. Thanks Mike. Served in a snifter.

Beer is dark brown with almost no head, low carbonation, no lacing.

Aroma is very sweet, mild woodiness, lots of malt, very strong, hints of alcohol.

The beer is medium in body and really sweet. The finish is a little dry where I can pick up mild tannins from the cherry wood I suppose. Overall it is a nice beer, I wish I had a regular Adam to drink next to it but alas. I remember really liking Adam and only sort of liking Cherry Adam, I would definitely have it again, but only as a side by side. (707 characters)

4.59/5  rDev +8.3%

Poured into my Bruery snifter.

Pours pretty flat with no head. Color is a dark murky bark brown with a ruby hue to it.

Aroma: Black cherries, bourbon, oak, raisins, plums. My mouth is already watering. It is a little hot but I like that in an old ale. Amazing.

Taste: Bourbon up front with subtle black cherry flavors that go perfect with the oak and bourbon. Lots of dark dried fruits. Plums and raisins. Slightly tart. After it warms up a bit, tobacco flavors show.

Mouthfeel: Smooth and dry but I like it. Very wonderful. Medium bodied with a lower amount of carbonation. The mouthfeel is solid.

Overall, thus beer is great. Very drinkable and probably the best old ale I have ever had. Well rounded with lots of flavor. Bourbon barrels + black cherries = heaven. (771 characters)

4.27/5  rDev +0.7%

Thanks to FalconA for sharing!

A: Pours a deep brown color with a little purple mixed in with a small bubbly head that reduces quickly leaving little bits of lacing on the glass.

S: Surprisingly smoky, with some cherry and dark fruit, oak, bourbon, vanilla, and a little bit of chocolate. There is a little bit of an alcohol presence as well.

T: Wow, very rich. More cherry and dark fruits mixed with some chocolate, vanilla, oak, leather, and tobacco. There is a bit of smoke as well.

M: Full bodied with moderate carbonation, no issues with the newest batch. The abv is well hidden.

O: Fantastic. Would be great to reapproach this beer with a little age on it or alongside Aftw. The alcohol is nice and warming but doesn't rear its head and drinks surprisingly smooth for a 10% beer. (794 characters)

4.47/5  rDev +5.4%

2011 offering poured into a HOTD tulip. The cap comes off this 12oz bottle with a slight hiss. Poured directly down the middle of the glass produces no head but a few bubbles make their way to the surface. The brew appears in the glass a hazed deep dark brown. When held to the light, some redness comes out of the brew and lighter brown coloration is seen through the edges. No lacework to speak of but as the brew warms up, some tiny bubbles make their way to the surface and collect around the rim. When the glass is swirled, a viscosity is noted with the legs of alcohol are noted slowly creeping back down to the solution.

The smell of this brew is rich with dark malty sweetness that has some pleasant roasty quality that is matched perfectly by a solid barrel presence. Bourbon mingles with oak and vanilla quality with a bit of fruity aspect. Chocolate scents are evident that when mixed with the vanilla and fruity quality really makes the mouth salivate with thoughts of fudge-like dessert. As the brew warms, some tangy alcohol aspects some forward that mingle with notes of bourbon and this really gets appealing.

The taste is lightly tangy with a mixture of fruited to spirited alcohol meets a bold residual sweetness of chocolate and roasty, slightly smoked quality of malt. There is some earthy quality about this brew that brings forth thoughts of licorice, tobacco and leather just slightly with a citrus-like coffee aspect. There is a solid residual sweetness throughout this brew that might prove distracting for some but I find it to be the perfect compliment to the bold alcohol and roasted quality. The aftertaste is a constant play of flavors ranging from smoked to sweet like fruit and roasted like chocolate all the while the barrel presence is constantly evident with vanilla and oak. An awesome offering straight across the board.

This is a full bodied brew with a very light level of carbonation. When the bottle was first popped I was a bit let down to not see any head formation. However after sipping the brew, I think it is nearly perfect and doesn't need any more carbonation. The thickness of this brew coats the mouth and lasts with a wonderful aftertaste. The 10% abv is felt in the flavor but not carry with it the expected burning quality due to the wonderful mellowing that took place during the barrel aging. This brew was a seriously enjoyable offering and it is still relatively young. I need to get more of this! (2,458 characters)

3.88/5  rDev -8.5%

Thanks to thirdeye11 for sharing this bottle from the third release.

The beer pours a very dark brownish-red color with a tan head. The aroma is full of cherries and roasted malt, with a little bit of soy mixed in.

The flavor is similar. I get a lot of chocolate and cherry notes, with some roasted malt thrown in for good measure. There is also some soy sauce in the flavor, as in the aroma. The alcohol is present but doesn't affect drinkability.

Medium to full mouthfeel and low carbonation. Glad I got to try this one. (528 characters)

4.47/5  rDev +5.4%

Bottle shared by ygtbsm94. Thanks Brad!

2009 vintage

The beer is a dark ruby hue with minimal head and fair lacing. The aroma is fantastic, with scents of cherries, booze, tobacco, brown sugar. Fabulous. The taste is quite wonderful as well. Sweet, but not overly so. Alcohol content is impressively well hidden. Delicious. Would be easy to drink in large quantities. Terrific beer. Highly recommended. (404 characters)

3.79/5  rDev -10.6%

Sampled March 2009
A careful, but solid pour into my large Tripel Karmeliet tulip glass produces a frothy, half-finger thick, fairly quickly disappearing, lightly browned, dark tan colored head. The beer is quite dark, with a concentrated brown, approaching black color, when held up to the light beer shows some flashes of ruby, but is mostly opaque in its darkness. The aroma smells of spicy Bourbon, but has an earthy malt character to it that moves into a rich note in the finish that is a bit like prunes or perhaps even some sherry like notes. There is enough noticeable alcohol in the nose that it warms my nose upon a deep draught of the aroma. The malt character here is pretty complex, though in some ways subtle; toasted malt notes, spicy grain, a hint of salty smokiness, something a bit like carbonized fruit (though without the acrid notes, or even the burnt char character). There is some woody oak character here, as well as some spicy barrel character, soft vanillin notes and even a touch of toasted coconut; overall the barrel notes are pretty well integrated and don't overwhelm the rest of the aromatic notes. I definitely don't smell any cherry like notes here though.

This beer is lightly sweet, though it has more of a rich maltiness than actual sweetness. The beer finishes with a peat derived, salty, earthy smokiness that lingers on in the finish along with a sherry'd prune character (prune without much sweetness though). This is only lightly carbonated; it has just a prickle of carbonation as it rolls across the tongue. The beer isn't overly viscous, though it certainly has some body to it, and it has a certain soft creamy texture to it. Behind the smokiness in the finish are some dark malt notes that suggest hints of tar, a bit of roasted coffee notes and a rich roasted caramel note (not burnt, but rich with lots of Maillard browning flavors). This definitely has a spiciness from the barrel aging process and the alcohol also provides a bit of heat. There is a touch of tartness to the finish; is this where the otherwise absent cherry character comes in?

I am not quite too sure about the cherry part of this beer, there is a general fruity richness, but certainly not anything I can identify as cherry specific. This could use a bit more texture and heft, a bit more residual malt character in the body would help to smooth out the warm / boozy alcohol and spicy barrel notes. Seems to lack a bit of finesse and the flavors / aromas are not quite as integrates as one might hope. Still this is certainly a tasty beer and I like how the background sherry notes add a lot of richness to this beer. The smoky peat character also adds a lot of background complexity to this beer. (2,719 characters)

4.67/5  rDev +10.1%

12oz expensive ass bottle into a small glass and split with friends. I love cherries, I love regular Adam, and I love getting wood. (from my beer as well) here it goes,

Cherry Adam is a murky dark blackish color but not exactly a RIS black, more like a HOTD black. With small amounts this is actually a ruby red. What the hell am I talking about? A hard pour yielded no head, not even a cap, just some trace bubbles around the glass.

This smells interesting fresh out the bottle so I let it sit for a few, letting it come together. The smell is a rich deep pure chocolate cherry blast with dark fruits such as plums kicking ASS. I get alot of sherry but the bourbon seems lost in the mix. Blackberry and some vanilla. Under that is the regular Adam, check my other review.

This one is a winner, it's pure, it's unadulterated, it's smooth. This 2009 bottle showcases cherries and blackberries with a big mellow chocolate coffee mixed in with sherry at the office on monday morning. When cold the chocolate is big but not pushy, but when this warms the cherrries mix in ever so nicely with the sherry. Roasted malts throughout, this is complex, but it's really simple to pick out all the flavors.

A healthy stealthy medium approaching full, while the carbonation is on a complete lull. Well, there is a very small amount there, it's just living. I like it either way. I guess it works with this beer. Regular Adam is more carbonated, but not extremely so. This is barrel aged, these things happen. Some hotness and booze but there is so much flavor it actually blends well. Some roughness on the top of the mouth after 6oz or so.

While I can polish off a bottle or more of Adam with ease, I think splitting this version was a good deal, this was pretty sweet, but not cloying in anyway. Maybe I'll try to do a bottle one day. I really cant say which one I like more, this or the regular, but I know this is damn good stuff. Side by side is in the works. (1,956 characters)

4.04/5  rDev -4.7%

2009 vintage poured from a 12oz bottle into my CBS snifter. It poured dark brown in color and very still looking in the glass.

The aroma has big malty, dark fruit presence to it with notes of caramel, brown sugar, plum and dark cherry. I get some woody, vanilla flavors and some boozy bourbon to it that mixes in very well. Great aroma to it overall, very nice range and relative balance to it.

The taste starts out with more of the sweet, malty, fruity flavors. Towards the finish more caramel and brown sugar starts to come out to mix with the oaky, vanilla and bourbon flavors. The dark fruit and cherry flavors are there throughout, but really linger into the finish.

The mouthfeel is a little syrupy and heavy with carbonation being almost non-existent. Overall it was a very good beer. The cherries and barrel aging really added some nice depth and complexity to it that I really liked. It did feel a little overly sweet and syrupy though at times which prevented it from being a really world class beer to me. A little more balance and just a little carbonation would have gone a long way. (1,102 characters)

Cherry Adam From The Wood from Hair of the Dog Brewing Company / Brewery and Tasting Room