Julius Echter Hefe-Weissbier Hell - Würzburger Hofbräu AG

Julius Echter Hefe-Weissbier HellJulius Echter Hefe-Weissbier Hell

Würzburger Hofbräu AG visit their website
Germany

Hefeweizen |  4.90% ABV

(Beer added by: Bierman9 on 07-03-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Julius Echter Hefe-Weissbier Hell Alström Bros

moorenor1, Aug 16, 2014

Eriktheipaman, Dec 14, 2011

astrayan, Dec 10, 2012

Rochefort10nh, Dec 01, 2011

swj5a, Jul 02, 2012

Qualifications: Best drank on a warm day with lemon wedge.

This is one of my all-time favorite beers. Taking a sip transports me back to Munich, Germany and some of the beer gardens I visited. Reliable, good German beer. The beer is light, but not overly light with some complexity. The lemon accentuates the slight bitterness. Enjoy.

bcole002, Sep 21, 2009

ThadiusCartwright, Jul 17, 2014

NHGrafx, Aug 23, 2013
4.93/5  rDev +23.6%

Had at the Huttenbar in Chicago, IL

Poured into a Julius Echter vase as a hazy straw color with a huge, pillowy, dirty white, rocky head.

Big aroma of cloves, banana, hints of bread and fresh cream, with a taste that followed that almost exactly, with the addition of a citric zap towards the finish. Big, rich mouthfeel, which, despite the highly carbonated appearance, goes down so incredibly smoothly, and quickly if you aren't careful. Wonderfully refreshing, this would be perfect for a lazy summer afternoon.

I don't tend to like Hefe's as well as other styles, as the wheatiness reminds me too much of bread sometimes, but this is quite possibly the most perfect, in my mind, example of what a Hefeweizen should be: refreshing, crisp, and way too easy to drink. I really wish we could get it in KC.

Baconisaveggie, May 04, 2009
4.88/5  rDev +22.3%

Served in a 500ml bottle. Poured a light golden honey with a decent head. I love the smell of wheat beers and this one has a great smell. The mouthfeel was excellent and the taste was exceptional. This is one of my favorite beers and will continue to be a big player in my bar fridge. Highly recommend.

TexIndy, Dec 10, 2002
4.85/5  rDev +21.6%

I'm not too familiar with this particular style (although I tend to like most German wheat beers) but this beer definitely encouraged me to delve further into the Hefeweizen realm. I purchased this beer in a pint bottle, mainly to recycle the bottles for home brew, but was quite impressed with it. In the glass it has a golden straw colored appearance. The smell is very yeasty, with an apple, slightly bubblegum scent. The flavor is hearty but has a lingering pleasant aftertaste, without a hint of bitterness, that reminds me slightly of bananas. I'm normally not really into fruity flavors but this beer strikes a lovely balance between all of it's fruit undertones. With its high drinkabilty, I see this being one of my favorite "all night" beers.

jenbys2001, Jan 14, 2008
4.83/5  rDev +21.1%

Cloudy orange-gold with frothy three finger white head, there was still a sizable portion of head when I finished, and by the looks of it, the rest was left as lacing.
Strong banana taste and aroma. A little green apple, in the aroma, with clove.
Wheat comes out in the taste, a little bit of lemon, a little nutty
Very pleasant, clean and easy to drink, medium body.
Drinkability? I should stop writing reviews at work, I won't be back home and in my fridge to grab another one for hours. This may have ruined some of the lesser Hefe-weizens for me. Next summer I'll go through quite a few of them sitting on the deck.

mschofield, Dec 18, 2003
4.8/5  rDev +20.3%

Pours out a cloudy and hazy dark yellowish orange. nice thick white head rises. good lacing

Smell. Mmmm, a nice sweet banana aroma with crushed cloves. Smells incredibly good here.

Taste. A bit tart. Lots of citris fruitiness. Lots of cloves. Taste is heavier than the aroma would have it appear to be. it's very nice. aftertaste is just slightly bitter and tart with yeasty taste to it.

Mouthfeel is good. very good balance. nice medium body.

Overall i feel this is a great hefe. very nice full flavors. its one i could enjoy everyday

acrawf6, May 10, 2006

aty11b, May 14, 2013

ninaturner, Jan 06, 2013

rorjets, Jan 25, 2014
4.65/5  rDev +16.5%

What a pleasant surprise! Somehow, I did not expect much from this. Perhaps I was misguided in being dismissive about the labeling. Whatever it was, my doubts were soon quashed:

A: Poured from a 16 oz, a murky strow with a moderately heavy slowly receding off-white head. Quite a decent looking hefe.

S: Sweet, mild, crisp. Apple notes with perhaps a dash of lemon citrus.

T: This was the big one. Pronounced bubblegum flavours, though not overdone. Citrus, a little bit of a fresh pressed apple flavour. Ever-so-slight hints of hops, and a mildly peppery finish. A wonderful taste.

M: Crisp, pleasant carbonation... somewhat "airy," if you would. Light and clean.

D: A fantastic hefe, perhaps giving my current favourite a run for its money. A very pleasant surprise... something I would find to be very sessionable. I will absolutely be trying this one again. It would compliment a cheese plate beautifully.

Proteus93, Jan 15, 2008
4.65/5  rDev +16.5%

Had a couple of these gems after a nice long bike ride as part of a picnic. Pared very well with the Weiss and Brat Wurst with proper potato salad.

Pours with a nice head, had a nice mellow taste and didn't seem overly yeasty. In fact when I swirled the last bit in the bottle before pouring it on the head it didn't have much of a changed color.

Reminds me of a nice vacation in Munich.

Skidmarks, Jun 30, 2010