Double Bonsecours A L'Erable Randall Mystere - Broue Pub Brouhaha

pDev: n/a
Broue Pub Brouhaha visit their website
Quebec, Canada

Dubbel |  8.00% ABV

(Beer added by: eat on 06-10-2011)
1.05/5  rDev n/a

I was too curious. A double run through a Randall of hops and some kind kind of mystery Randall for Brouhaha's third anniversary? Had to try it. The tulip was presented with a good third-of-a-glass of airy off-white head, which proceeded to completely disappear within a few seconds, leaving a 2/3 full tulip. Murky dirty-brown body. Oh well...maybe the flavour will make up for it?

What the hell is this? The nose can only be described as a smoked rack of ribs complete with barbecue sauce. This is out there: sweet tomato, light smoke, cooked pork, molasses, hint of maple, garlic, char. This isn't going well.

The only points I could give here would be for an accurate translation of nose to flavour. Ribs.

Thin body and almost no carbonation.

I'm sorry Brouhaha. I love this establishment and the fact that they're into taking crazy chances (like this fine example) but this one is nowhere near pulled-off. I could only manage to take four or five sips, with the last three or four being out of pure curiosity. Maybe I'm especially not enjoying this since I don't eat meat; carnivores might have a better time I guess. This was undrinkable.

Double Bonsecours A L'Erable Randall Mystere from Broue Pub Brouhaha
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.