Horny Goat Brownie Porter - Horny Goat Brewing Co.

Horny Goat Brownie PorterHorny Goat Brownie Porter

Horny Goat Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

American Brown Ale |  5.60% ABV

Beer added by: thecheapies on 11-25-2012

4.5/5  rDev +42%

4.25/5  rDev +34.1%

3.9/5  rDev +23%

12oz tap poured at Horny Goat Hideaway in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

Appearance- Brown in color with a finger of white head that dissipates semi quick.

Smell- Lots of sweet sugary smells

Taste- Wow, tons of cinnamon! Think cinnamon and suguar toast.

Mouthfeel- Very light for a porter as tyey have called it. Drinks more like a brown ale.

Overall- Very interesting tasty beer. Unique in the fact that it has such a cinnamon flavor.

3.75/5  rDev +18.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Poured into a shaker pint glass.

Look: Dark chocolate color. Tan head, foamy and slow to recede. Light lacing.

Aroma: String cinnamon and ginger element, toasty malts.

Taste: Very rich on taste. Starts with strong cinnamon and ginger spices then solely was into a chocolate fudge finish.

Mouthfeel: Nedium body, nice weight to it.

Overall: A bit too much of a holiday spices taste about it. Not bad though.

3.68/5  rDev +16.1%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Poured from a brown 12 oz. bottle. Has a dark brown color with a 1 inch head. Smell is of chocolate, some notes of vanilla. Taste is chocolate, cinnamon, some vanilla, unique and pretty tasty. Feels medium bodied in the mouth and overall is a different and solid beer.

3.64/5  rDev +14.8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

I am in the kitchen at Chez Woody, hanging out with m'main man, Horny Goat, telling him how much I dug his limited release Chocolate Peanut Butter Porter and he gets this big grin. He then gets on the horn, literally, with his Old Lady, this hot-looking blonde ewe with a great pair of udders, and tells her to bring over something special. She shows up with her "special" Brownie Porter, which she swears only has "love" as its secret ingredient. Man, I hope so, 'cause I gotta check-in with my P.O. next week and I can't be hot, dig?

From the bottle: "Craft Brewed in Wisconsin"; "Ale Brewed with Brown Sugar and Cinnamon with Vanilla and Cacao Nibs added".

I relaxed a little when I saw that the ingredients did not include anything untoward. Nor was I surprised that this came from Wisconsin, which is not known as "America's Dairyland" for nothing. Man, they got some real honey-honey milkmaids in that state, I'm tellin' ya!

I let the ewe pour for us and it turns out that she doesn't have any compunction about giving head! My glass contained a big, foamy finger of light-tan head that just sat there, defying me to do something, anything. I was making small talk with her since the Goat didn't like that we were so friendly all of a sudden. Glancing over, it settled into a light-brown color (SRM = > 13, < 17) with NE-quality clarity. Man, the nose was heavy on the vanilla and she told me that she likes to dab some behind each ear in lieu of perfume. No wonder the Goat is Horny! Man, I'd be in rut all the time if my Old Lady acted like that. Mouthfeel was big and full, not creamy, likesay, but effervescent. The flavor was cocoa powder, vanilla, cinnamon, but I could not discern the brown sugar, although it was plenty sweet. I suggested molasses to cut some of the sweetness and she agreed to give it a try in a future batch. The finish was somewhere between semi-sweet and semi-dry, but it was nowhere near as sweet as I was expecting. The cinnamon was not only an inspired touch, but it really cut some of the inherent sweetness of the other ingredients. I waved as the Goat and his ewe rode off on their hog and then some other magic started in on me. Oh man, I wonder if I can reschedule that meeting ...

3.62/5  rDev +14.2%

Appearance: This beer pours a deep amber color it is a bit light in color for a porter but it is topped with ½” of tan colored head that dissipates quickly.
Smell: Brownie smells of a good malt base and hints of cinnamon and chocolate not much but small hints.
Taste: Wow this is better than I was hoping it has hints of cinnamon vanilla and chocolate, with a sweetness that I am guessing comes from the brown sugar. It has a good malt base under to support the flavors.
Mouthfeel: This is a rather thin bodied porter while the flavor lived up to my hopes the rest of the beer was rather disappointing. Too bad I was hoping it was better.

3.52/5  rDev +11%

3.52/5  rDev +11%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

3.5/5  rDev +10.4%

Horny Goat Brownie Porter from Horny Goat Brewing Co.