Horny Goat Brownie Porter - Horny Goat Brewing Co.

Horny Goat Brownie PorterHorny Goat Brownie Porter

Horny Goat Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

American Brown Ale |  5.60% ABV

(Beer added by: thecheapies on 11-25-2012)

gofacethecraftcooler, Sep 17, 2014

jsh420, Jul 28, 2014

Cloaked_Phantom, Jul 19, 2014

tpacek, Jul 09, 2014
3.65/5  rDev +15.5%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

I am in the kitchen at Chez Woody, hanging out with m'main man, Horny Goat, telling him how much I dug his limited release Chocolate Peanut Butter Porter and he gets this big grin. He then gets on the horn, literally, with his Old Lady, this hot-looking blonde ewe with a great pair of udders, and tells her to bring over something special. She shows up with her "special" Brownie Porter, which she swears only has "love" as its secret ingredient. Man, I hope so, 'cause I gotta check-in with my P.O. next week and I can't be hot, dig?

From the bottle: "Craft Brewed in Wisconsin"; "Ale Brewed with Brown Sugar and Cinnamon with Vanilla and Cacao Nibs added".

I relaxed a little when I saw that the ingredients did not include anything untoward. Nor was I surprised that this came from Wisconsin, which is not known as "America's Dairyland" for nothing. Man, they got some real honey-honey milkmaids in that state, I'm tellin' ya!

I let the ewe pour for us and it turns out that she doesn't have any compunction about giving head! My glass contained a big, foamy finger of light-tan head that just sat there, defying me to do something, anything. I was making small talk with her since the Goat didn't like that we were so friendly all of a sudden. Glancing over, it settled into a light-brown color (SRM = > 13, < 17) with NE-quality clarity. Man, the nose was heavy on the vanilla and she told me that she likes to dab some behind each ear in lieu of perfume. No wonder the Goat is Horny! Man, I'd be in rut all the time if my Old Lady acted like that. Mouthfeel was big and full, not creamy, likesay, but effervescent. The flavor was cocoa powder, vanilla, cinnamon, but I could not discern the brown sugar, although it was plenty sweet. I suggested molasses to cut some of the sweetness and she agreed to give it a try in a future batch. The finish was somewhere between semi-sweet and semi-dry, but it was nowhere near as sweet as I was expecting. The cinnamon was not only an inspired touch, but it really cut some of the inherent sweetness of the other ingredients. I waved as the Goat and his ewe rode off on their hog and then some other magic started in on me. Oh man, I wonder if I can reschedule that meeting ...

woodychandler, Jul 02, 2014

3.75/5  rDev +18.7%

skriv, Feb 15, 2014

mikefuski17, Feb 01, 2014
3.45/5  rDev +9.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

Pours dark brown with a tan head. Some lacing sticks.

The smell is of roasted dark malt, vanilla, cocoa powder and a subtle hint of cinnamon.

The taste is of sweet dark malt, vague dark fruitiness. There is a hint of vanilla bean with some brown sugar. Cinnamon comes through in the aftertaste and lingers. Spicy finish with a bit of roast.

It's thin, but just above watery. Pretty smooth.

The flavors don't mesh together as well as they could. Still in all, it's not bad. Other than a hint of roast, leans more towards a spiced brown ale. Cinnamon is a bit much in the aftertaste. It's "different".

jwc215, Jan 27, 2014

dubmax, Jan 18, 2014

BlazedNug, Jan 18, 2014

mountaincoffee, Jan 11, 2014

syndelee, Jan 10, 2014
2.9/5  rDev -8.2%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

Poured from a 12oz. bottle-no exp. date- into a standard pint glass.
Cloudy amber in color, with a nice head of light tan foam.
Aroma-Faint toasted malt.
Taste-Flavors seem watered-down. Faint cinnamon and vanilla notes, muddled and unbalanced. Seems more like a brown ale than a porter.

hosehead83, Jan 08, 2014
3.4/5  rDev +7.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Appearance is a dark brown with ruby edges. There is a half finger of head that enjoyed some decent retention. The nose is nutty, but also oddly tart. The same tartiness is present in the flavor profile. The flavor profile is not very roasty – I can understand why some might classify this as a brown ale rather than a porter. The finish has caramel notes and may be the most enjoyable part of the tasting experience.

57md, Jan 08, 2014
3.25/5  rDev +2.8%

Kahlerbock, Jan 07, 2014

crowsnest, Dec 27, 2013
Horny Goat Brownie Porter from Horny Goat Brewing Co.