1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.

(512) IPA - (512) Brewing Company

(512) IPA
No picture uploaded.

(512) Brewing Company visit their website
Texas, United States

(512) India Pale Ale is a big, aggressively dry-hopped American IPA with smooth bitterness (~65 IBU) balanced by medium maltiness. Organic 2-row malted barley, loads of hops, and great Austin water create an ale with apricot and vanilla aromatics that lure you in for more.

(Beer added by: wagenvolks on 07-04-2008)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of (512) IPA Alström Bros

Poured with a nice head and orange hazy color. Aroma had a fruit hop character. The finish was more than just your typical piney IPA finish. More citrusy, light fruit hops...which gives it its uniqueness and makes it a favorite.

This is definitely one of my favorite IPA's and one I highly recommend on tap.

Incredible IPA that is hard to compare to anything.

The cask is also sweeet!

zingerhophead, Aug 19, 2010

mp33pm, Dec 06, 2013

htdoerge, Jan 23, 2014

musicman575, Dec 04, 2011
Photo of

You rated this beer. Add a review.

, Dec 26, 2012

MetaSteve, Jan 02, 2012

turbanik, Jul 02, 2014

dogfish7, Jul 24, 2012

glennj2k, Nov 27, 2011

OCdrummer7271, Dec 07, 2012
4.88/5  rDev +19%

This is my all time favorite IPA. Hands down. I am so proud that it is coming out of my hometown. I am just bummed out they aren't bottling this yet. I need to be able to drink this at home, take this with me on trips and ship it to my beer nerd friends.

I've had this at tons of bars all around town and even at the brewery. Consistently good.

Appearance: A beautiful hazy golden orange hue which radiates from the glass like the contents of the pulp fiction briefcase.

Aroma: Citrus, grass and beautiful Rio Star grapefruit.

Taste: Not at all light on the hop end. It's big and bitter with not too much citrus/grapefruit (which I think ruins a lot of IPA's). I'm guessing cascade hops, would love to know what(else) they're using. Wonderfully complex. Some great pine and grassy flavors. Creamy and inviting. Nice dry finish

Mouthfeel: Beautifully effervescent, a well balanced beer, not too weighty and not at all thin.

Overall: Perfect. If only they made a session version which I could drink all day. My standby beer at bars around town. I have been drinking this since it first hit the taps and am not tiring of it whatsoever. The one beer to seek out for you out of towners!

BrutalSusan, Dec 15, 2011
4.88/5  rDev +19%

BEST IPA in TEXAS BAR NONE!!!
OK....here we go. Where do I start. Thank God an IPA of this character exists in Texas (it's about time). The brewer must have been thinking
big state...big hop aroma and flavor. A nice amber hue greets you with a small head and backhands you with a hop slap, but the backhand feels so good, just like daddy used to dish them out. After you have finished sniffin the aromatics of this exceptional beer like cocaine it gets even better. Full mouth malty grain feel that hints at a substantial alcohol hop
bitterness that only the privy northwesterners get to experience on a regular basis. This hopped out beast makes me feel like I am camping
in Yakima Valley itself and to top it off, I just found out that it is orgasmic, I mean ORGANIC. A rock solid IPA form Texas that is my
cornerstone at the bar. Thanks 512. I think that a little bit of the
west coast made it out to Texas.

Amnestic, Apr 23, 2011