1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.

(512) THREE - (512) Brewing Company

(512) THREE(512) THREE

(512) Brewing Company visit their website
Texas, United States

Tripel |  9.50% ABV

For our 3rd Anniversary release we knew we had to pull out all the stops. Please welcome to the family… (512) THREE Belgian Style Tripel! Brewed in the spirit of the abbey ales of Belgium, (512) THREE pours a deep golden with a dense, creamy white head. The authentic Belgian yeast strain produces a complex, spicy palate that balances ripe fruity esters with bready malts and firm but subtle hops. Our house-made liquid invert sugar contributes an effervescent mouthfeel that finishes smooth and silky but enticingly dry, barely betraying its nearly 9.5% ABV/VOL!

(Beer added by: Mora2000 on 10-13-2011)
Reviews by pmarlowe:

pmarlowe, Sep 05, 2013
4.25/5  rDev +5.2%

Tiernan, Aug 08, 2013
3.8/5  rDev -5.9%

On tap at the Flying Saucer in Fort Worth.

The beer pours a slightly hazy golden color with a large white head. The aroma is wheat and grain with some Belgian yeast notes mixed in. I also get a little orange citrus in the aroma.

The flavor is a mix of wheat, biscuit malt and grain with some banana and spice notes. I also get a little bit of citrus and some Belgian yeast. The alcohol is noticeable but not overwhelming.

Medium mouthfeel and medium carbonation.

Mora2000, Oct 13, 2011

Etch_a_sketch, Sep 05, 2014

JamLand, Aug 22, 2013

humpty1602, Jul 23, 2014
4.03/5  rDev -0.2%

Had this on tap at the Holy Grail after work. Good beer selection and good food. The THREE is very (512). Solid beer that's hard to complain about. I'm not sure that I'd clamor for them to make this again, but I'd order it over a lot of beers if it was around.

The beer is a hazy straw color. I always have a hard time judging a beer unless I pour it myself... Still, this doesn't stand out to me in any way.

The nose is banana upon first whiff. Much more than I expected. Further approaches find some booze, wheat and black pepper. I'd call it solidly bold.

The taste is banana, but that's matched by an aggressive wheat/straw flavor. The spices come last and round out the beer. The spices are clove and pepper according to my palate.

The THREE is very drinkable and solid. Let's leave it at that.

UTCengOwl, Oct 24, 2011

notalumberjack, Feb 25, 2012

afluentturtle, Jan 25, 2013

Theortiz01, Aug 22, 2013
Photo of
4.5/5  rDev +11.4%

You rated this beer. Add a review.

, Oct 29, 2012

greenspointexas, Dec 14, 2013

wisegreensoul, Jun 27, 2014

Jentex, Mar 15, 2014
3.7/5  rDev -8.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

DISCLAIMER* I've only recently begun seeking out new and different craft beers, ,so I'm not an expert, at all...

I found this beer at Craft & Growler in Dallas, TX. The bartender recommended I add this to my flight, which consisted of Dogfish Head Bitches Brew, Deep Ellum Wealth & Taste, and Community Mosaic. He assured me that if I enjoyed Dogfish Head and Wealth & Taste that this would be a great choice for a lighter beer (not as dark as Bitches Brew or W&T), but would carry some power.

I completed my flight (four 5 oz glasses of each), and I was really impressed by the taste of the 512 beer. It goes down smoothly, but there's a hoppieness to it, so you know you're drinking beer. I'm not 100% sure what a Trippel is, but I've had a few other varieties, and they were more pungent. This was very pleasurable.

Ultimately, ,when I left the establishment, I decided to go home with a growler. Between the 512 and Dogfish Head's Bitches Brew, it would be a hard choice -- except for the fact that the Dogfish Head was nearly 3X the price.. and, although very tasty, wasn't particularly more memorable than this one... I didn't get the Wealth & Taste because it's very very flavorful, and I wasn't sure I'd be able to drink all of it in 48 hours.

So, yeah.. I highly recommend!

JordanDallas, Nov 29, 2013