Augustiner Bräu Märzen Bier - Augustiner Bräu Kloster Mülln

No picture uploaded.

Augustiner Bräu Kloster Mülln visit their website
Austria

Märzen / Oktoberfest |  4.60% ABV

(Beer added by: brewdlyhooked13 on 10-12-2002)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »
extrablue

Wyoming

It was ze greatest beer in all ze deutschlands!

I lived in Salzburg for a year and drank this beer weekly. There are no ways to fully do it justice with mere words. It is the perfect beer. You can drink it for hours and enjoy each sip as much as the first. It really doesn't fall into any specific category other an liquid perfection. Its thick and labrynthlike in its complexity but without any airs of snobbery. It is simply a beer brewed for everyone by absolute masters of the craft.

Serving type: cask

RussBecker1

07-25-2012 01:47:22 | More by RussBecker1
AChamberlain

4.78/5  rDev +9.1%

Great beer! I had this whilst we were in Salzburg. It was served in 1 ltr (or 0.5 liter) ceramic stein. This made it hard to notice the color of the brew, but it did not matter much, because the smell, head, taste and experience of having a stein is unbelievable. My favorite memory of drinking a beer(s). I had 2 steins, before we had to go.

A: Good thick head that stuck around. Gold colored.
S: Malt, honey, heaven.
T: Exceptional honey smooth flavor.
M: Medium bodied, lovely.
D: Very high, I could guzzle it all day.

10-07-2006 19:12:26 | More by AChamberlain
MrHokum

Oregon

4.78/5  rDev +9.1%

An exceptional beer and an exceptional beer experience. I can't wait 'til I've an opportunity to return to the Augustinerbrau beer hall and enjoy another mug of their excellent beer. Next time maybe I'll be lucky enough to catch one of thier seasonals as well!

11-16-2007 02:52:03 | More by MrHokum
Jeeb

4.75/5  rDev +8.4%

07-13-2013 16:25:44 | More by Jeeb
foles

Australia

4.63/5  rDev +5.7%

Drinking this beer from oak barrels, served by gravity at the Brewery one of the best beer-related experiences I have had.

After personally rinsing the krug in the water fountains provided, it was handed to the barman for an expert pour from the barrel. The beer was poured at high speed (gravity) and the head spilled over the side - a good sight indeed. I'm not even sure what colour this beer was, but I figure it is a kind of a dull yellow colour - as it is a Marzen.

An overwhelming sense of freshness prevails and this beer is way too drinkable. I noticed a lack of hop flavour, which suits me fine. A buttery sweet characteristic is also present, and a mild carbonation due to the fact it was served by gravity (this is not a drawback).

11-06-2007 10:56:55 | More by foles

OliverSilver

Quebec (Canada)

4.48/5  rDev +2.3%

Hi,

We were lucky enough to pass by this brewery-monastery while visiting Salzburg.

First, the place is an absolute must try.

It is settled in a monastery, there are four huge drinking rooms with food stands.

You first rince a mug in a fountain than they serve you a liter from a wooden barrel.

Awesome experience, great ambiance.

As for the beer, it is mostly a very drinkable refreshing one.

The experience might have biased my opinion, but the beer is at least as fresh as possible and the experience so authentic.

By the way Austria is a dream destination for any beer drinker and food lover!

06-13-2012 19:57:11 | More by OliverSilver
sinistrsam

Maryland

4.47/5  rDev +2.1%

THis looked to be a slightly darker brown/gold but I couldn't tell as it was served in a ceramic krug. Foamy white head had great retention and left excellent lacing.
Sweet and caramel malts came out in the nose as well as the taste, although it wasn't overpowering. Maybe some mild spice and grain. Finally that semi-buttery flavor/feel I expect from a Märzen. Mild carbonatinon but sweet, smooth and coating the whole time. Once agian very mild but very good; a great balance and a fantastic take on a beer that swear is one of the hardest to get right; then again, they've been doing this since 1621.

10-18-2007 18:05:38 | More by sinistrsam
UncleRandy

Wisconsin

4.47/5  rDev +2.1%

I've been to Salzburg three times, and it took me the third trip to have enough time to find this place. It's off the beaten path, but well worth the trek.

After paying at the counter and rinsing out the ceramic liter stein, I got a glimpse of the golden color as it flowed from the tap. My wife and I found a table in the large beer garden outside.

A light, pleasant scent filled my nose as I brought the mug to my mouth, and from the first sip, it was crisp and refreshing. For as light as it seemed, it had quite a full flavor. It was the perfect companion for the soft pretzels we purchased, but it is not a beer in need of such. It's also a beer that calls you back for more. I wound up buying a 6-pack of bottles to take along for the rest of our trip as I was so impressed.

04-26-2006 17:37:02 | More by UncleRandy
Max182

4.41/5  rDev +0.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

On a recent visit to Salzburg I made a Sunday afternoon trek to the monastery/beer garden. The whole experience was about a close to religion as I get. One of my top 20 beer experiences and at my age that is saying a lot. The Marzen style beer right form the barrel was spectacular, but the entire experience on a sunny day, watching them tap the barrels and filling the steins made for a great afternoon.

Serving type: cask

11-17-2013 17:24:00 | More by Max182
californiakulak

4.38/5  rDev 0%

Drank this beer at the Monastery in Salzburg, Austria.

It is served in a clay stein that you must rinse before you wait in line to be served. After waiting in line the server (a monk?) will fill your glass from a huge wooden barrel. Awesome.

The appearance was darker than I though it would be. It had a good sized head that lingered for a long time.

The beer had a strong malty smell. It had a bread like smell. It smelled extremely fresh.

The taste was once again malty and fresh. It was a sweet malt without much hoppiness. It had a slight nutty taste.

The mouth feel could have been better. It was slightly watery I though.

This beer is soooo drinkable. I had more liters than I should have and my wife even finished two.

I hope that I am back at this place at sometime in my life because it was a wonderful experience.

10-22-2009 04:32:40 | More by californiakulak
straightlambic

4.25/5  rDev -3%

07-11-2014 21:58:18 | More by straightlambic
HaplessHero

4.25/5  rDev -3%

If you ever have the privilege of visiting Salzburg, this is the must-try beer. If you have never been to a Biergarten before, expect hundreds of people, huge ceramic mugs, wooden barrels on tap, and lots of small food stands. You won't find something like this in the Americas.

Appearance: Impressive head, color is difficult to determine in the ceramic mug, but looked fairly cloudy and golden, definitely not too pale or sickly looking.

Smell: Yeasty and bready. Hops are very subtle and definitely do not dominate.

Taste: Follows the nose, a fresh-baked bready taste with medium-light body. A solid brew, perfect in the liter mug for a solid hour or two of socializing over beer with your companions, because it is neither overpowering nor unpleasant. Definitely makes you want to come back for another liter, if you have the time.

Mouthfeel: Fairly smooth, not overly carbonated so as to destroy the palate, but not flat and certainly not disappointing.

Overall one of my favorite beer experiences. The setting is definitely part of the experience, but the beer is what makes you want to come back for more. Prost!

04-03-2011 20:30:08 | More by HaplessHero