Augustiner Bräu Märzen Bier - Augustiner Bräu - Kloster Mülln

Augustiner Bräu - Kloster Mülln visit their website
Austria

Märzen / Oktoberfest |  4.60% ABV

Beer added by: brewdlyhooked13 on 10-12-2002

Our Märzen Beer is highly appreciated and popular far beyond the borders of Salzburg, and is characterised by its typical flavour.

Its production uses Stadlau Pilsen and Kara-Extra-Hell malts, as well as Hallertau-Spalt-Select aromatic hops by Barth & Sohn, Nuremberg, to give the Märzen Beer its unique touch.
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »

It was ze greatest beer in all ze deutschlands!

I lived in Salzburg for a year and drank this beer weekly. There are no ways to fully do it justice with mere words. It is the perfect beer. You can drink it for hours and enjoy each sip as much as the first. It really doesn't fall into any specific category other an liquid perfection. Its thick and labrynthlike in its complexity but without any airs of snobbery. It is simply a beer brewed for everyone by absolute masters of the craft.

4.75/5  rDev +9.7%

Great beer! I had this whilst we were in Salzburg. It was served in 1 ltr (or 0.5 liter) ceramic stein. This made it hard to notice the color of the brew, but it did not matter much, because the smell, head, taste and experience of having a stein is unbelievable. My favorite memory of drinking a beer(s). I had 2 steins, before we had to go.

A: Good thick head that stuck around. Gold colored.
S: Malt, honey, heaven.
T: Exceptional honey smooth flavor.
M: Medium bodied, lovely.
D: Very high, I could guzzle it all day.

4.75/5  rDev +9.7%

4.73/5  rDev +9.2%

An exceptional beer and an exceptional beer experience. I can't wait 'til I've an opportunity to return to the Augustinerbrau beer hall and enjoy another mug of their excellent beer. Next time maybe I'll be lucky enough to catch one of thier seasonals as well!

4.63/5  rDev +6.9%

Drinking this beer from oak barrels, served by gravity at the Brewery one of the best beer-related experiences I have had.

After personally rinsing the krug in the water fountains provided, it was handed to the barman for an expert pour from the barrel. The beer was poured at high speed (gravity) and the head spilled over the side - a good sight indeed. I'm not even sure what colour this beer was, but I figure it is a kind of a dull yellow colour - as it is a Marzen.

An overwhelming sense of freshness prevails and this beer is way too drinkable. I noticed a lack of hop flavour, which suits me fine. A buttery sweet characteristic is also present, and a mild carbonation due to the fact it was served by gravity (this is not a drawback).

4.56/5  rDev +5.3%

4.47/5  rDev +3.2%

I've been to Salzburg three times, and it took me the third trip to have enough time to find this place. It's off the beaten path, but well worth the trek.

After paying at the counter and rinsing out the ceramic liter stein, I got a glimpse of the golden color as it flowed from the tap. My wife and I found a table in the large beer garden outside.

A light, pleasant scent filled my nose as I brought the mug to my mouth, and from the first sip, it was crisp and refreshing. For as light as it seemed, it had quite a full flavor. It was the perfect companion for the soft pretzels we purchased, but it is not a beer in need of such. It's also a beer that calls you back for more. I wound up buying a 6-pack of bottles to take along for the rest of our trip as I was so impressed.

4.46/5  rDev +3%

Hi,

We were lucky enough to pass by this brewery-monastery while visiting Salzburg.

First, the place is an absolute must try.

It is settled in a monastery, there are four huge drinking rooms with food stands.

You first rince a mug in a fountain than they serve you a liter from a wooden barrel.

Awesome experience, great ambiance.

As for the beer, it is mostly a very drinkable refreshing one.

The experience might have biased my opinion, but the beer is at least as fresh as possible and the experience so authentic.

By the way Austria is a dream destination for any beer drinker and food lover!

« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »