Pumpkin Springs Porter - Grand Canyon Brewing Company

Grand Canyon Brewing Company visit their website
Arizona, United States

American Porter |  5.80% ABV

Availability: Fall

(Beer added by: kerry4porters on 09-22-2013)
Reviews by jaybrough:

3.5/5  rDev -10.5%

3.4/5  rDev -13%

4.56/5  rDev +16.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.75

Let me just say this I love pumpkin flavored things, I wait all year for fall to come so I can consume to my Hearts content. I'm also a huge fan of porters which to me are almost perfect in taste, flavor, smell, and appearance. So when I saw this nicely priced pumpkin porter I was all over that! Grand Canyon Brewing Company beers I've tried in the past were nothing special. But this is probably the best pumpkin beer I have had as of yet. In my opinion its got a perfect Balance of delicious pumpkin flavor and rich Beer flavor. I poured it from a waxed top covered bottle into a Belgian style goblet.

It poored nicely with a very dark color With a delightful light tan head.

Sniffing brings in the pumpkin spices right off the bat as well as coffee, chocolate, and smokey flavor.

Has a nice creamy mouth feel that has a nice almost milk feel in your mouth

Overall I was pleasantly surprised by this bargain priced delicious Pumpkin Porter I would dedinately buy another. My only real complaint is with the thick coat of wax over the cap and top of the bottle made it very difficult to open.

3.25/5  rDev -16.9%

4.5/5  rDev +15.1%

3.5/5  rDev -10.5%

4.24/5  rDev +8.4%

3.21/5  rDev -17.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

A - pours dark coffee/root beer colored. Moderate head retention with minimal lacing

S - smells of strong Christmas cookie type smells that come with many pumpkin beers, spices etc. not much good pumpkin here. As it opens there are some bland cardboard notes.

T - base porter seems ok, but pumpkin is not well integrated here. Spices are predominant and leave me not wanting more.

M - typical of porter but watery and doesn't finish as good as a porter should

O - they might want to try again here, base beer seems adequate but the pumpkin and especially spices were not how they should be.

4.5/5  rDev +15.1%

3.71/5  rDev -5.1%
look: 3 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Picked up a bomber from Total Wine in mid-August for $5.99. Best before 02/03/15/

Beer poured like a cola, dark brown with a fizzy off white head.

Nose is pumpkin pie spice and maybe some sage?

Taste is definitely a nice porter with a hint of pumpkin, squash, and vanilla. Decent amount of hops keep the cloying sweetness away.

Mouthfeel is medium bodied and pretty smooth.

Overall this is probably the best pumpkin infused beer i have had this season. Definitely give it a shot if you see it.

Pumpkin Springs Porter from Grand Canyon Brewing Company