Pako's IPA - Snake River Brewing Company & Brewpub

Pako's IPAPako's IPA

Snake River Brewing Company & Brewpub visit their website
Wyoming, United States

Named for Pako (say “PACO”) the dog (No wait, Pako’s not a dog!) This full flavored, fully hop-evident IPA will have the hopheads rejoicing. 6.8% ABV and 60+ IBUs with explosive hop aroma from a pungent Simcoe/columbus blend.

(Beer added by: Bitterbill on 05-23-2010)

Was amazing.

Piney

4.84/5  rDev +18%

4.72/5  rDev +15.1%

Thanks to my parents for grabbing a couple sixers of this on their vacation.

Poured a crisp golden orange with 2 fingers of creamy white head. Great retention and great lacing.

Smells of pine and citrus hops. Pungent, oily and FRESH smelling. Fantastic!

Taste follows the nose. Great juicy citrus (mainly mango and grapefruit) hops, oily and sticky pine hops. No balance to this beer at all and that is why it tastes so GD delicious.

The only thing that I feel like they could improve on is the body of this beer. A little thin for my liking but it is extremely easy drinking. Great carbonation with a drying hop aftertaste. Hop dragon breath inducing for sho!

One of the best IPA's that I have had ever, hands down. No balance, full flavored, juicy and sticky. I need to get some more of this even though I still have 10 left...

4.64/5  rDev +13.2%

4.63/5  rDev +12.9%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

This is some seriously good beer...Did not expect much when I ordered it and even less when I saw it. Dont get me wrong-the appearance is beautiful but it doesnt look anything like a bold or hoppy good ipa. The light appearance masks an absolutely amazing hop profile that instantly made me think of Pliny. I think this stuff is actually bolder yet smoother than the elder...the lower abv explains the smoothness but I can't put a finger on the source of the bold goodness. Mouthfeel is very nice....I feel like this is an ipa even casual ipa drinkers would enjoy...you can taste the hoppy goodness but it still goes down incredibly smooth without more than a slight hint of bitterness.

If you see this, buy immmeeeed and enjoy!

4.53/5  rDev +10.5%
look: 5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

One of the best beers I have had in a while....thank you Mr. Johnson (my neighbor) for bringing this beauty home from a recent vaca! The beer poured a very nice clear copper with thick white head that laced all the way down my glass like a Vicki secret model. The smell was a nice tangerine mixed with pine. The taste followed suite. The mouthfeel was a medium in body with good carbonation. Overall this is a top beer for me....I will buy it on sight fo shizz!!

Pako's IPA from Snake River Brewing Company & Brewpub