Join our email list →

Altbier |  ABV ?

Beer added by: Todd on 01-03-2005

Reviews by skynxnex:
4.25/5  rDev n/a

I had this beer at the Union Station Capitol City. Came in a 16 oz pint class, filled almost to the top. Little head. The color was a nice light copper color, similar to many pale ales. The smell had a hint of citrus but not overwhelming. There was some lightly maltiness in the smell as well.

The taste had pleasant hop bitterness with some hop flavor as well. It was balanced well by malt. Not a beer for hopheads, but I enjoyed it. There was some slight fruitiness in the beer. The mouthfeel was on the thin side, but I haven't had any other experience with Altbiers so that be normal. The drinkability was great, I could have had another but I had to depart.

One last note, the beer was served at what seemed like 45 or so. It never seemed "cold" to me and that was a pleasant surprise. Even the last drinks, when the beer was warm, had no off flavors. Very nice.

Saint Adrian's Alt from Capitol City Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.