Sticky Ale - Lawson's Finest Liquids

No picture uploaded.

Lawson's Finest Liquids visit their website
Vermont, United States

Herbed / Spiced Beer |  9.00% ABV

This beauty was created by filling two oak barrels with Lawson's Finest Maple Nipple Ale that had previously held a Maple Bourbon from Saxton's River Distillery in Brattleboro, VT. We patiently waited a year, then blended the oak-aged beer with a small portion of fresh beer. The result is Sticky.

(Beer added by: ScotNH on 12-22-2013)
4.35/5  rDev +8.2%

4.2/5  rDev +4.5%

3.5/5  rDev -12.9%

4.04/5  rDev +0.5%

The beer pours a somewhat hazy, reddish amber color with pretty decent head retention and lacing. Given the description of the beer on the lable, I guess it comes as no surprise that I pick up considereable maple syrup, vanilla, butter toffee and caramel. The flavor profile replicates the nose pretty closely in this fairly sweet beer, with the vanilla, maple syrup and butter toffee dominating. Mouthfeel is medium bodied, with fairly long, fairly sweet finish. Alcohol is pretty well integrated in the flavor profile, with no sense of heat or heaviness on the finish.

Bit of a one dimensional, one trick pony here (in terms of flavor), but still a pretty tasty beer for all that.

Thanks Derek!

4.08/5  rDev +1.5%

Thanks to sandman3479 for sending this along. Breaks my Lawson's cherry!

Oh, this was so, so, close to being out of this world. The barrel does a phenomenal job on smell. Woody, breakfast, the maple really comes through. If only it had the same effect on the taste. The maple fades on the tongue. More maple, more barrel please. If we had it, we'd have a world class beer. What remains is pretty good. I would definitely drink this again, but if Lawson's ever turns up the voltage on this guy, I'll be first in line.

4.11/5  rDev +2.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

375ml bottle poured into a Lawson's snifter 5/31/2014. Thanks Joe.

A- Clear amber-caramel body, half finger white head with fair retention, not a lot of lacing.

S- Wow. Lots of sweet maple syrup, caramel and toffee. A bit one dimensional, but this reminds me of Better Half, but with even more maple character.

F- Maple syrup sweetness, lots of caramel and toffee, some molasses. As in the nose, this is not incredibly complex at all, but what I get here is a solidly delicious maple based beer. Again, reminds me of Better Half. There is even a faint oak presence, which is not surprising as this is Maple Barrel-Aged.

M- Medium body, a bit lower in carbonation but very slick and resinous as I would expect from a beer called "Sticky Ale". This is actually dangerously drinkable as I found myself on more than one occasion drinking this like it was water.

O- Very surprisingly good; surpasses the expectations I had for this. This is very maple barrel forward, and I think this is drinking better than Better Half is right now.

3.25/5  rDev -19.2%

4.98/5  rDev +23.9%

Bourbon, Maple, Chocolate Oh my...

But seriously a fantastic beer that I thoroughly enjoyed from finish to end.

The nose on this baby is so inviting and just draws your soul in. The taste delivers what the nose promised and kept me coming back for another sip until it was unfortunately gone :(

I haven't had a bad offering from Lawson's yet and will continue to seek out their brews!

3.5/5  rDev -12.9%