Chinooker'd IPA - Lawson's Finest Liquids

Chinooker'd IPAChinooker'd IPA

Lawson's Finest Liquids visit their website
Vermont, United States

Beer added by: plaid75 on 07-26-2008

Our award-winning IPA recipe is chockfull of Chinook hops and bursting with pine and citrus aromas and flavors. Careful, more than one of these will getcha schnocker'd!
to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 483 | Reviews: 91

Soo uhh... Yeah... This beer, well, uhhmm, uuhh, ok did I oversell the whole "I'm speechless" shtick? First of all, huge fuckin props to my boy MikeyV for hookin this GEM up. Where do I begin? Well, I can start by saying this beer was an extra in a trade for Heady Topper so you can imagine my palate is already biased with the Nectar of the Gods. To be honest, the initial taste is very similar to HT IMO. It starts with the ever so slightest bit of maltiness then travels into a perfect balance of an oh soooo smooth hoppiness that is so damned tasty it'll make you wanna slap yo mama!!!

The smoothness on the middle and finish of this beer is indescribable, it's just... Amazing.

Ahhh... I'm sorry, but I'm stickin to my guns, anyone who knows me knows very well how much I preach about the awesomeness and severely underrated nature of ohio beers, specifically our rare and semi-limited IPAs; Fathead's Headhunter, The Brew Kettle's White Rajah, and Columbus IPA. And alls I ever preach about is how Rajah is the best IPA in the world and I've had Pliny, Zombie Dust and many other delicious IPAs. The point is this trade showed me that Heady Topper is better than all those others beers and is one of the best IPAs I've ever had. However.... I'm gonna say it, here it goes, HT is one of the best but is still second to the one beer... the best IPA I've ever had.... The One and Only Chinooker'd!!!

4.98/5  rDev +16.1%

Lawson's Finest Liquids - Chinooker'd IPA

Look - Pours (into DFH IPA Spiegelau glass) a hazy orange with amber in the center. Glorious foamy head with sticky lacing and chunks sticking to the glass. A real masterpiece visually.

Smell - Pine and grapefruit citrus blaster master to the nose senses. Ridiculously amazing aroma. Some caramel malt rides underneath, super smooth.

Taste - Mother of god... A tart snappy sour citrus and pine kick to the mouth factory. Bitter and bold, a winner in this category as well!

Mouthfeel - Sits hyper-bitter but dry. Not too boozy but kicks your teeth in nonetheless. Excellent drinkability.

Overall - Holy hell Sean Lawson, you did it again. This brew is a dream come true. There is no room for improvement here, this captures the essence of the style and Chinook hops perfectly.

4.97/5  rDev +15.9%

On tap poured into a 10oz lawsons flute.

Pours a slightly hazy golden amber with a small white/light yellow head an lots of really nice light lacing. Nose is fantastic with tops of heady hops, super fresh and even better than in a bottle.

Taste is phenomenal. Only small downfall is the light graininess but it's not too bad and totally overshadowed by he huge chinooker hop punch in th palate! Less bitter than hopzilla but the lower abv makes it a bit. More drinkable and you get a bit more of the full hop character.

4.82/5  rDev +12.4%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

Amazingly smooth and balanced, maybe one of my favorite beers ever. Literally not a hint of bitterness or rough aftertaste. Super piney, more like a great pale ale then an IPA. Maybe that's just because I'm so use to the world of doubles and triples and super hoppiness that we live in and have forgotten how great a simple IPA can be.

4.79/5  rDev +11.7%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

A-golden orange color, nice white head that leaves a hella amount of lacing
S-mostly piney hop aromas, some citrus. I like it
T-First you get the taste of pine, then some citrus that transitions to a slightly bitter aftertaste accompanied by about 7%ABV
M-Generally bitter
O-Lawson's never disappoints me

4.75/5  rDev +10.7%

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Chinooker'd IPA from Lawson's Finest Liquids