Double Sunshine IPA - Lawson's Finest Liquids

Wants: 2,581
Lawson's Finest Liquids visit their website
Vermont, United States

Beer added by: kingcrowing on 12-18-2010

This American Double India Pale Ale is packed with juicy tropical fruit flavors and bright herbal aromas, thanks to the abundance of US-grown hops.

4.41/5  rDev -5.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Ive been wanting to try this one for awhile. Like most other elusive brews that trickle from the mountains of VT, my expectations are exaggerated beyond what is probably fair. However, this brew delivers the goods.

Bomber into a mini snifter, the brew appears a golden yellow color with decent clarity. A white froth rests stop with decent powers of retention and fades leaving patches of lace.

The aroma is quite tropical with hops initially that blend into more of a grassy and herbal note. A mild grainy almost toast-like or biscuit maltiness hides behid letting the hops be the leasing role.

The flavor is rindy, herbal, dank and catty. All hop flavoring upfront without too much bitterness crushing the flavors. Like the nose, a bit of mild grain sweetness is toasty towards the finish which creates a really enjoyable balance.

This is a medium bodied offering with a modest amount of carbonation. Super fresh and just awesome. Finally a VT brew that not only meets the hype but surpasses all expectations as well. Sign me up for wanting more of this whenever it might be available. Wow, get some.

3.75/5  rDev -19.9%

4.25/5  rDev -9.2%

4.5/5  rDev -3.8%

Had this on tap at ACBF in Boston on June 1st. I tried every IPA there and some showed well but Double Sunshine was a stunner. I mean many 95-100 IPA's just paled in comparison. They seemed lackluster, which is a shame because alone they are excellent brews.

The nose is massive citrus, the flavor is huge grapefruit/orange/pineapple, and its bitterness is so smooth. My wife commented that it tasted like a summer day. I wish I could pump this into my veins!

As far as IPA's go Double Sunshine is more seamless than most IPA's made today. Lawson's makes some top notch beer. If you ever wanted to try a 100 point IPA, get some of this!

Bottom Line: Utterly fantastic! Memorable and beyond!

4.98/5  rDev +6.4%

I had this at ACBF on Friday and went back 4 times just to make sure I tried it enough to write a coherent and honest review about it. I truly cannot find anything wrong about this beer. When the person poured me my allotment each time, I kept getting blown away. The aroma is, honestly, the closet thing we have to 'Ambrosia'. Every fruit you can think of: pineapple, mango, papaya, cantaloupe, grapefruit. Its the same for the flavor profile.

If I could say ONE little tiny criticism, is that the mouthfeel/flavor was just a TAD too sweet for me, but I am just nitpicking at this point. An absolutely amazing DIPA that I am lucky I got to have multiple tastings of.

Double Sunshine IPA from Lawson's Finest Liquids