Dan'l Webster - Cigar City Brewing

Ratings: 46 | Reviews: 4
Reviews by brother_kenneth:
3.92/5  rDev 0%

From a bomber bottle.
Dark brown and opaque with a decent head.
Very well hidden ABV, with the high alcohol content not evident in the aroma, flavor or feel.
Rich flavor with plenty of dark malts and dark fruits.
Very good bitter/sweet balance.

O: a fine, mellow porter worth seeking out.

4.24/5  rDev +8.2%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Maple comes through in the flavor just enough to give it a nice presence. The orange flavor, nicely accentuating at first, becomes more prominent as it warms, eventually becoming slightly cloying. Mouthfeel seems appropriate. I actually preferred this at a slightly cooler temperature. At about room temperature the sweetness took over and made it slightly less enjoyable imo.

4.38/5  rDev +11.7%

This is truly the best porter I've ever had.

The appearance is what you expect. Incredibly dark and you can't see through it. Caramel head about 1 finger high. Usually when I see that color head I know I'm in for a treat.

Smell was fine. Nothing new or spectacular for the style. Just what I expect from a CCB beer of this type.

Taste was great. Incredibly deep with lots of chocolate and some orange peel. Slight maple wood taste at the end.

Mouthfeel is where this beer and every other CCB beer shines. It's thick and creamy. This is why I continue to buy their stouts and porters.

Overall it's a great beer and I wish I could buy this more often. I was surprised to see it in my local store as it was released a while ago and I slept on it not thinking much of it. I would recommend this beer to anyone.

Ahh, not bad. Has some nice roastiness and definitely worth trying. Aging a bit thin though.

Dan'l Webster from Cigar City Brewing