Marshal Zhukov's Imperial Stout - Cigar City Brewing

Cigar City Brewing visit their website
Florida, United States

Russian Imperial Stout |  11.00% ABV

Availability: Summer

(Beer added by: BigMcLargeHuge on 11-17-2008)

ooms, Sep 01, 2013
4.75/5  rDev +8.7%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

So, this is the stout that started my romance with stouts. It was like nothing I had ever tasted before. When I ordered a glass (at 11$) I was hoping that the hype surrounding this beer would be true. As soon as I put the glass up to my face the chocolatey-espresso smell punched me in the nose. I tipped the glass up and the motor oil slowly slid into my mouth. The chocolate and espresso flavor was instant and the gulp did not leave me with any bitter or spicy taste. The feel was smooth and I knew I had found my favorite beer.

Excellent beer. The only reason I didn't give it a perfect score is because I want to remain optimistic that there is something better out there, even though I doubt there is.

Cheers

dayvinn87, Sep 01, 2013

Huntor0, Sep 01, 2013

Rion, Aug 31, 2013

Shmeal, Aug 30, 2013

uncccegr, Aug 30, 2013

aslamm75, Aug 30, 2013
4.9/5  rDev +12.1%

I had this imperial stout and I feel in love with Stouts. I honestly had never had a stout besides Samuel smith oatmeal stout and Guinness but honestly I don't count those. It's all about IMPERIAL STOUTS. So I was told to try this by a very knowledgeable dude in the craft beer game so I tried it and fell in love dude. Great aged or out of the tap or in the bottle. If you are lucky enough to get your hands on this, please do yourself a favor. I've had this couple times on tap and in bottle and it's as good as the first time, every time. I would give it 5/5 but I always think things can only get better.

drgoose23, Aug 29, 2013

millerbuffoon, Aug 29, 2013

Many thanks to GeorgiaBeerGuy for this bottle and welcome to the Lehigh Valley for delivering this in person to enjoy together!

A - Pours a pitch black with a thin toffee colored lacing that's very viscous and sticky, and thick.

S - Thick aroma, molasses, caramel, vanilla, oak, cream, and chocolate.

T - Lots of oak, chocolate, molasses, some booziness, and extremely light cherry flavor.

M - Thick, full bodied, viscous, sticky, and velvet texture.

O - So glad I finally had the opportunity to try this beer!

jzeilinger, Aug 29, 2013

xdtfx, Aug 25, 2013

Thedrizzle, Aug 25, 2013

jkd03c, Aug 24, 2013
4.55/5  rDev +4.1%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 3.75

A: Pitch black stout beautifullness.

S: The roasted malts, hint of chocolate and some booze.

T: Russian imperial stout 101, brewed to perfection. complex without being overwhelming. it hits all musts of this variety. Drinks pretty easy even at 11%. really tasty.

O: wish i had bought more. i would love to sit on a few of these and see how they develop.

aMILESupreme, Aug 22, 2013