Bolita Brown - East India Trader - Cigar City Brewing

Cigar City Brewing visit their website
Florida, United States

English Brown Ale |  9.00% ABV

Beer added by: tpd975 on 07-27-2009

Cigar City Brewing’s Bolita with Chai spices and Coconut tea.
to view more.
Ratings: 2 | Reviews: 2
4.6/5  rDev n/a
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 5

A huge thanks to Greg for sending this one my way. As always I am in love with anything CCB related and this was no exception. Growler was poured out into a pint glass.

Appearance - The pour was very nice. Rich brown in color with a big head of tan on top. Nice retention led to a good bit of side glass lacing on the edge and a nice little puff of white on top that stayed there throughout the session,

Smell - The aroma was rich. Tons of tea was the first thing I noticed. It cut through the caramel and nuttiness of the bolita wonderfully, Really well done I have to admit the way it came together was unique, superb.

Taste - Sat really well on the palate. As you take the first sip, a nice way of brown sugar and black tea leaves coats the tongue. Warm flavors, hints of caramel, a touch of an herbal quality as well. Really superior brewing here. Strong finish leaves a lasting coat of tea flavor that I really could never tire of.

Feel - Damn near perfect. Just full enough to really carry the flavor home. Nice carbonation kept it from feeling overly thick or syrupy.

Drinkability - Outstanding. I really could have drank this one all night, it was really just that good. Smooth, seductive, and easily drinkable, it was amazing to me just how good this one was.

Overall another one hit out of the park as far as I am concerned. I really cannot get enough of what they have going on down there and this one was no exception. Superb.

4.57/5  rDev n/a

A: Pours a nice dark rich brown hue with a nice tall creamy head. Good retention and lace.

S: Wow I love this beer. Tons of rich coconut and chocolate and fresh chai.

T: I do love this one. This one is chai forward which is such a good thing. Lots of toasted coconut hides beneath the fresh brewed tea. Light chocolate notes from the Bolita do push through.

M: Medium to full in body, rich, bold and tasty.

D: Yes, as I sit in Turkey right now if I could have one beer right now this would be the one.

to view more.
Bolita Brown - East India Trader from Cigar City Brewing
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.