Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Brown Ale - Cigar City Brewing

Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Brown AleOatmeal Raisin Cookie Brown Ale

Cigar City Brewing visit their website
Florida, United States

English Brown Ale |  5.50% ABV

"O. R. C." pours brown in color with an aroma reminiscent of oatmeal raisin cookies (of course). Mild cinnamon and vanilla notes upfront in the flavor with emerging raisin notes. Lingering spices in the finish with hints of toasted bread.

(Beer added by: tpd975 on 10-01-2009)

4.95/5  rDev +19.6%

On tap at Capone's during Philly Beer Week. My wife actually ordered this and I got to take sips and sniffs, wishing ever so desperately that I'd decided to get it, and knowing that my driving would be fatally impaired if I decided to order one more beer. Sigh, life.

This beer looks like any other Maduro, but it's not. The aroma is that of cinnamon, oats, and large grains of sugar - and boy oh boy is the best yet to come. I know this kind of sentiment is tossed around a lot on BA - but I have never drank anything that is closer to a liquified dessert than this. It absolutely captures the taste and the mouthfeel of an oatmeal raisin cookie without any of the crumbs. Big molasses sweetness, cinnamon, raisin, grain - this, to me, is the perfect example of what a brown ale can aspire to be. Bravo, Cigar City. This is the Maduro to try.

4.8/5  rDev +15.9%

Poured from a 12 oz. bottle.

Heard a lot about this beer from friends but have been hesitant to try it as it seemed a bit much to expect a beer to taste like Oatmeal raisin cookies.

I know I am serving the beer too cold as I had put it in the fridge 6 hours ago and meant to take it out about 1/2 hour ago. So it has about a 1/4" head with light lacing that dissipates relatively quickly. Took 1 quick sip and decided to wait a while to let it warm.

Wow, what a difference. Smell is not overbearing but distinctly there. I can smell cinnamon, raisin, outmeal and a distinct sweetness. Reminds me of smelling Cinnabon at the mall.

It's fairly well carbonated but thinner in mouthfeel than I expected..but WHAT a taste. Truly like an Oatmeal raisin cookie! Cinnamon, raisin and I swear I can taste the ICING on the top of the cookie. I bought a 4 pack of these and it certainly won't be my last!

The real kicker for me is that distinct icing taste that seems to coat the underlying cookie. What a great brew!

Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Brown Ale from Cigar City Brewing