Jai Alai IPA - Kumquat Orange - Cigar City Brewing

Cigar City Brewing visit their website
Florida, United States

Beer added by: wcintula on 03-03-2011

3.75/5  rDev -2.8%

Rattle N Hum, Cigar City smokes NYC event. The aroma of oranges, orange colour, and sizeable head. a decent IPA based on orange, I did not pickup the normal grapefruit of the Jai Alai. Good drinker. As if kumquat orange was a substitute.A little tart as well as hoppy.

3.35/5  rDev -13.2%

No problems with this beer, other than it just seemed like a regular citrus IPA. Looked good with a dark body and a sticky head and had a fresh citrus smell. The taste didn't have a particularly overwhelming orange taste, just a little bitter peel flavor among the citrus hops. A good beer, but if not named Kumquat, I wouldn't be able to distinguish it as such.

4.48/5  rDev +16.1%

Hooked up on this in a trade with Afksports. Thanks again Brendan.

From growler to brandy snifter.

Pours a lovely amber hue with nice head. A little lacing is present. Orange zest and floral hop race around the glass. Orange zest on my lips, holla! A nice hop bite that I think an ipa should have. Carbonation adds to my pleasure. As I let this bad boy warm in my glass it has become the stickiest of the icky and oh sir that is good. Nice orange syrupy goodness mixed with some hop oil. Coats my tongue to perfection.

We had this along with the peach tonight. In my mind we had a clear winner here. Everything I like in a ipa. I would certainly seek this marvel out again.

Jai Alai IPA - Kumquat Orange from Cigar City Brewing
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.