El Murciélago - Cigar City Brewing

Cigar City Brewing visit their website
Florida, United States

Cream Ale |  9.50% ABV

Beer added by: MasterSki on 03-09-2012

Double Cream Ale with cumin and lime peel added aged in tequila barrels.
Reviews by Rogorama:
4.39/5  rDev +24%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Tried on tap at DLD. A very unique beer. This was the first tequila aged beer I've had. The aroma is interesting, and the pour is a murky yellow with a bit of a white head. The cumin and the lime peels really provide an extra something that makes this beer stand out. Definitely worth a try if you can get your hands on one. (324 characters)

3.66/5  rDev +3.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

Bottle at CCB.

A - Pours a burnt orange color, off-white colored head, sticky lacing, thin collar, thin cap.

S - This bottle was opened with 5 other guys. Upon my initial sniff, one thing came to mind. I glanced around at the other guys and gauged what they were thinking. I said, "It smells like a certain thing." AgentZero then spoke up and said "I'm not going to say what this beer smells like." Right away, I knew exactly what he was thinking. This beer smells like vagina...no lie.

T - After the smell, it's nearly impossible to pick out anything else. It tastes like vagina. Sip after sip, I couldn't stop. :-) I thought about chugging the rest of the bottle, then thought better.

M - Medium body, good carbonation, creamy feel.

O - I bought 6 cases after I tried this...okay, kidding. Seriously though, it smells and tastes like vagina. Is this good or bad? I guess it depends on how you roll, homies. Very...unique? I guess I could have given the taste/smell of vagina a 4.5, but not really sure I could drink pour after pour of it. Maybe I'm not all man? (1,068 characters)

3.65/5  rDev +3.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

2.5/5  rDev -29.4%

4.75/5  rDev +34.2%

Drank at bu11zeye's 10,000th rating tasting.

The beer pours an orange color with a white head. The aroma is full of cumin, with a little bit of bread and some cedar thrown in. This beer is completely unique and I have never smelled anything similar to it. The flavor is also unique. I get a lot of agave syrup and orange notes, as well as some cream, sugar and cinnamon. There is a ton going on in both the aroma and the flavor, and every sip brought me more and more flavors. I have no doubt that if I had another glass, I would come up with even more characteristics. Medium mouthfeel and medium carbonation. (612 characters)

3.5/5  rDev -1.1%

2.5/5  rDev -29.4%

3.5/5  rDev -1.1%

4.6/5  rDev +29.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Had it on tap at CBC 2015. I liked it pretty much. The different flavors worked out really nice and the beer was balanced and easy to drink. I don't know why this beer has such bad reviews. (189 characters)

4.5/5  rDev +27.1%

3.63/5  rDev +2.5%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

4.12/5  rDev +16.4%

Had during the 2nd Annual Redneck Racin’ & Tastin’ while tailgating at the dirt track race! Big thanks goes out to BRoss242 for this one! Served from bottle into a NoDa snifter. Poured yellow-orange with a half finger off-white head that subsided to a minimal amount slowly. Maintained decent lacing throughout the glass. The aroma was comprised sweet malt, pepper, lime, wood, sweet alcohol, and cumin. The flavor was of sweet malt, cumin, sweet alcohol, pepper, and lime. It had a light feel on the palate with medium-high carbonation. Overall this was a pretty good brew. Holy cumin Batman! I am a big fan of cumin when it comes to cooking and this brew carries this aspect over into liquid form! All of the other aromas and flavors going on here definitely make a statement and mix really well with the cumin aspect which was definitely the star of the show. This brew actually made me quite hungry. Too bad I didn’t give in like the others at the dirt track and eat a bologna sandwich. You guys make me sad… Oh yeah, the brew…. Try this thing! (1,058 characters)

3.77/5  rDev +6.5%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

4.41/5  rDev +24.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.25/5  rDev +20.1%