Microbrew Invitational

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Cigar City Brewing
Florida, United States | website

Style: Pumpkin Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by macrosmatic on 09-16-2012

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 8
4.25/5  rDev -0.2%

Reviewed from notes. Had on-tap at CCB tasting room. Poured into a snifter.

A: I think I had the very first pour out of the keg they put on. That said, to be brutally honest: this might be the worst looking beer I've ever consented to drink. It almost looks like spoiled butterscotch pudding that somehow managed to form a two-finger tan head. No visible carbonation.

S: Rum, oak sweetness, cinnamon and assorted spices, and some sweet maltiness and pumpkin. Smells pretty good.

T: Starts with some rum, then the pumpkin, cinnamon, allspice and spiciness. The oak wallop comes through about the same time, then some more rum in finish.

M: Medium thick mouthfeel. Low carbonation sensation. Moderate alcohol presence, primarily the rum flavors.

O: Wow. This is way, way better than the base beer. I'm very impressed, and if they bottled this one, I'd be all over it. I'm not sure if the appearance was due to suspended yeast being poured off at the beginning of the keg, or that's just what the beer looks like. But either way, I'd put up with the appearance in a heartbeat to enjoy this beer.

Good Gourd Imperial Pumpkin Ale - Rum White Oak Aged from Cigar City Brewing
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.