Citrus Wizard - Cigar City Brewing

No picture uploaded.

Cigar City Brewing visit their website
Florida, United States

American Amber / Red Ale |  7.20% ABV

This guy is an American red ale aged on orange wood, Spanish cedar, dry-hopped with New Zealand Motueka hops and aged on some citrus elements. What that all means is that this is a citrus bomb. Huge grapefruit flavor! Tasting room exclusive. We're selling growlers to go as well, both quarts and gallons! Come stop by and see if the wizard puts you under his spell.

(Beer added by: CampusCrew on 10-07-2012)
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »

4.12/5  rDev 0%

2.5/5  rDev -39.3%

all orange peel. Like biting straight into an orange.

4.5/5  rDev +9.2%

This beer absolutely caught me by surprise. The first several sips, I wasn't sure what to make of it. The nose was very perfumed, I caught some (what I interpreted as) cedar and huge grapefruit. By about 1/3 of the glass, I was entranced. It's fruity and magnificent, and worth your time and a full pour. A sample will simply not do this justice.

3.12/5  rDev -24.3%

4.75/5  rDev +15.3%

4.5/5  rDev +9.2%

Wow, I just had this with a brandy aged Hannahpu and Perennial Barrel Aged Sump, yet this is the beer I was most impressed by. I felt compelled to write a review to tell the world how great this beer is.

I had this on tap at a very crowded event, the second glass was as good if not better than the first.

A- A beautiful dark amber color. A head like aged parchment, it looks oh so drinkable.

S- If I could give a medal on smell alone, this would be the beer. Cut a grapefruit open, sprinkle on some sugar and take a sniff and you would only get half the intensity of the same smell of this beer. Truly amazing, I consider myself jaded, but this was bringing a delighted smile to my face as well as those even more jaded than myself.

T- hmmm, citrus and more citrus. Sweet and enjoyable, there is nothing else quite like it. T

M-Pretty much perfect.

O- Wow, this is IMHO the best thing CCB has made. Their famed Hannahpu is excellent and perfect within the confines of its own style, but this is almost a new style in and of itself.

CCB, please make this a regular brew in your lineup. I am in awe of this beer.

3.5/5  rDev -15%