Right Side Up Pineapple Lager - Cigar City Brewing

3.08/5  rDev -27.7%

Enjoyed at CCB Hunahpu's Day 2015

3.89/5  rDev -8.7%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Had this as part of a flight at the brewery. Clear light golden pour with a small creamy white head. Pineapple, vanilla, sugar, pie crust. Flavor is big pie crust, some pineapple I guess, light malts, sweet whipped cream. Light bodied with medium carbonation. Easy drinking. Neat. Gets very sweet as you get into this one. 3 or 4 oz is enough and could be had for dessert. I do wonder though whether these guys just squirt some flavoring into their Helles.

4.89/5  rDev +14.8%

Lucky enough to be in the taproom while available at CCB, especially since I'm from New England. The universe works in mysterious ways ... Reviewed from a pint glass.

Beer is a yellow straw color. A faint white foamy 1/4 finger head dissipated quickly and left no lacing. Looks like a typical lager, but then you smell it and ...

Holy deuce, it's a glass of pineapple upside down cake. I mean, I don't know what else to say except it tastes like pineapple upside down cake pureed masterfully into a lager and poured into a pint glass. It tastes just as it smells but also has notes of baking spices like cinnamon and some vanilla. Mouthfeel was right on for a lager, any heavier and it might have felt too much like real pineapple upside-down cake (which gets heavy fast).

Yeah, this was mind blowing. The only thing that kept me from planting myself under the tap and chugging was the fact that I had to drive myself outta there. Well, that and also I don't think the staff would have allowed it either.

Overall, ohmygodwhatdidijustdrink

Had this on draft at CCB tasting room:

A: Poured a hazy, straw like yellow.
S: Light Pineapple, sweet smell
T: Absolutely amazing. Tastes just like pineapple upside down cake. Light flavor up front but it finished beautifully. Not too sweet, great pineapple, vanilla, and cinnamon flavors.
M: Light and crisp
D: Excellent. My wife and I agree we could drink this all day on the boat or beach. Without a doubt the best lager I have ever had.

4.95/5  rDev +16.2%

a straw colored, slightly hazy, small white giant head.

s heavy pineapple, cinnamon, vanilla, cherry, Brown sugar, cake

t the best thing in the world. it tastes just like pineapple upside down cake! pineapple, vanilla, cake,, cherry, Brown sugar, cinnamon, sweet pineapple juice.

m slightly thin, crisp, light carbonation.

o Omg amazing! without a doubt my favorite lager ever. one of my top ten beers ever. absolutely delicious!

to view more.